Application of Australian Citizenship

Old May 25th 2011, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

Originally Posted by daunted
WELL guys - you can always rely on me for being the exception to the rule! R sat her citizenship test today which she passed 20/20

Seems as suspected MY application is the one that got caught up in the mumbo jumbo and despite last weeks phone call - there is a hitch regarding residency requirements (despite them being exactly the same as R's) It is being looked into and I should hear back within 48 hours.

But you know what? I'm exhausted! The past 4 1/2 years have been the most difficult of my life and now I just want to sleep, what will be will be, I just don't have any energy left right now.
Looks like it's their problem and not yours. If they've agreed that your daughter qualifies then you MUST qualify - still waiting for my ceremony date, looks like it will be a long wait.
Old May 26th 2011, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

OK well what a day today has been!!!! (I passed my citizenship test LOL)

Had a phonecall at work today at 10.30am from the chap who had done R test yesterday.
The very nice man was extremely apologetic, the case officer had processed it wrong and that mistake had now been rectified. Anyway ended up doing my test this afternoon so that all our applications could be processed together - so all is back on track again. Exhausting!!!!
Old May 26th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Had a phonecall at work today at 10.30am from the chap who had done R test yesterday.
The very nice man was extremely apologetic, the case officer had processed it wrong and that mistake had now been rectified. Anyway ended up doing my test this afternoon so that all our applications could be processed together - so all is back on track again. Exhausting!!!!
phew - thank goodness it's all over
Old May 26th 2011, 12:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 26th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well done.Glad its sorted.
Old May 26th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice

Excellent news mate I also got my approves letter yesterday !!!
Old May 27th 2011, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone and congrats Scoult - the end is in sight
Old May 27th 2011, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice
Smile Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

Thanks everyone and congrats Scoult - the end is in sight
Thanks only got to do the oath and that's it for me! Must say my journey has been painless unlike must! Happy to be Australian ! thanks for the wishes and to BE forum!
Old May 27th 2011, 8:02 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Seems as suspected MY application is the one that got caught up in the mumbo jumbo and despite last weeks phone call - there is a hitch regarding residency requirements (despite them being exactly the same as R's)
Mandy

Glad you got it sorted but I think this illustrates Jeremy's warning that DIAC themselves do not understand the law or its interpretation. As there is no rush or need in Terri's case for citizenship, we'll wait until the 4 years since TR/PR visa validation in July ticks over to apply - just incase - enough on moving without becoming the test case!
Old May 27th 2011, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Mandy

Glad you got it sorted but I think this illustrates Jeremy's warning that DIAC themselves do not understand the law or its interpretation. As there is no rush or need in Terri's case for citizenship, we'll wait until the 4 years since TR/PR visa validation in July ticks over to apply - just incase - enough on moving without becoming the test case!
Don't blame you one bit Evan - we only took the gamble so that R can take up her Uni offer (cant get HECs until citizen), and we wanted to be able to celebrate something so special all together, just glad its nearly all over.

good luck with the move
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

I sent off my application for Citizenship today.

How long does it take between each stage?

My council, Geln Eira have ceremonies every 2 months, it seems...
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

Email received from DIAC inviting me to Citizenship test and interview on June 24.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
Email received from DIAC inviting me to Citizenship test and interview on June 24.
Congrats and goodluck. We got our approval letter today - now just have to wait for the ceremony date x
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

utojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats and goodluck. We got our approval letter today - now just have to wait for the ceremony date x
Congrats to all who getting the approval letter.

My partner and I also got one two-three weeks ago. Now we are waiting for the ceremony date. Any idea how we can find out the date? Cos I need to plan for my near future travel overseas.

We live in Perth WA
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by utojo
Congrats to all who getting the approval letter.

My partner and I also got one two-three weeks ago. Now we are waiting for the ceremony date. Any idea how we can find out the date? Cos I need to plan for my near future travel overseas.

We live in Perth WA
You'll have to wait till they tell you. Tehre's no other way of finding out what date they will give you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.