Wikiposts

AoS/DoS help needed

Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

darkstone1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AoS/DoS help needed

Being as brief as possible..

Spouse visa has just been submitted 10th july and and a case number and interview date has been given to me yesterday.

But they are requesting what I have been dreading..
A Descretionary assurance of support.

Now I plan to to have words with centrelink, but hoping others may have had this problem.

My partner is an Australian Citizen and she is currently on Centrelink benifits
parenting payment ( she has a child from a previous relationship)and has been now been moved on to
partner payment since our marriage in April.

now I don't actually claim these payments myself , my partner does and these go into her bank account.

but when and if I can get an assurer would these payments my partner gets be classed as " recoverable " by DIMA ?

becuase when sitting down with a potential assurer, we worked out if it is, my assurer could be stung for a bill of $30,000
OUCHH!!! there is no way they can afford that.

A job would be lovely, but things not being perfect for an IT engineer in regional Victoria, I can't see myself getting one before our interview.

So any info you guys 'n' girls can give me any useful info I would be truley greatful.

almost there fingers crossed if I can get over this last hurdle..
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:09 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AoS/DoS help needed

Originally posted by darkstone1975
Being as brief as possible..

Spouse visa has just been submitted 10th july and and a case number and interview date has been given to me yesterday.

But they are requesting what I have been dreading..
A Descretionary assurance of support.

Now I plan to to have words with centrelink, but hoping others may have had this problem.

My partner is an Australian Citizen and she is currently on Centrelink benifits
parenting payment ( she has a child from a previous relationship)and has been now been moved on to
partner payment since our marriage in April.

now I don't actually claim these payments myself , my partner does and these go into her bank account.

but when and if I can get an assurer would these payments my partner gets be classed as " recoverable " by DIMA ?

becuase when sitting down with a potential assurer, we worked out if it is, my assurer could be stung for a bill of $30,000
OUCHH!!! there is no way they can afford that.

A job would be lovely, but things not being perfect for an IT engineer in regional Victoria, I can't see myself getting one before our interview.

So any info you guys 'n' girls can give me any useful info I would be truley greatful.

almost there fingers crossed if I can get over this last hurdle..

Hi DS,

The only recoverable payments would be those made to you, not your wife or stepchild. And it's highly unlikely you could qualify for any during your first two years anyway. That's not to say that there aren't bitterly contested cases where the AoS does in fact lead to debts of up to A$30,000 but in the cases I have seen it's rarely over A$10,000.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au