AOS. Desperate need of help

Old Mar 29th 2019, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Pat49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS. Desperate need of help

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help. I need help finding an assurer of support from an individual,company or organisation or someone to be a joint assurer with my daughter. Does anyone know of any such organisation and costs please?
to cut a long story short, I’ve been in Australia with my daughter and grandson for five years. Came here on the contributory Aged Parent and am currently on a bridging visa a, whilst waiting the 864 being processed. We are now at the AOS stage and we have hit a huge wall concerning my daughter’s income. In 2017 she separated from her husband due to abuse. She took out a VRO. Initially he was my joint sponsor and had they stayed together would have been a joint assurer. Centerlink and AOS have suggested that it’s highly likely my daughters AOS application will be rejected as they will base the income test for previous years on her sole income, even though for part of it, she was married, had a joint income (she was a stay at home mum), on paid partner parenting payment and her tax return has her ex husbands income in it for that year!
in addition to his abusive behaviour, the VRO also covered financial abuse. In fact a court froze his bank account to stop him using all the income, which he managed to symphonic off anyway.
so we are currently desperate. We have all our finances covered, including the visa payment, the bond, health care and I also have my own annual income which I live comfortably off. I’m so distressed and so is my daughter who doesn’t want to be left here alone to deal with her ex.

if you have any suggestions or know if any companies who may help please email me <snip>

we are almost out of time.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 30th 2019 at 7:20 am. Reason: Email removed to save you from spambots & weirdos - it’s a public forum! People can contact you via the forum if they wish.