AoS Bond Question

Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default AoS Bond Question

Well things are steaming along at break neck speed now. My assurer visited Centerlink who sorted out the interview and the bond letter within the hour!! The bond now has to be lodged within 14 days so we are to send him the $5000 on Monday when he will lodge the bond with the Commonwealth Bank. Our medicals are booked for 14 April!! (To to body shrinking requirements)

My question is, the bond is an assurance against claiming from the state in the first year after which it is returnable. When does this year start? From the date of lodging? The date of validation? The date of arrival for good?

I am suprised that the bond is being requested before my medicals as I am still concerned about my BMI (currently 42.9 but dieting/excerising like a nutter to get below 40) and the fact that I might fail on this.

If I fail the medical on my weight (no other issues) and get refused will I get my bond back?

Many thanks for you advice.

Rob
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: AoS Bond Question

Originally Posted by Rabc
Well things are steaming along at break neck speed now. My assurer visited Centerlink who sorted out the interview and the bond letter within the hour!! The bond now has to be lodged within 14 days so we are to send him the $5000 on Monday when he will lodge the bond with the Commonwealth Bank. Our medicals are booked for 14 April!! (To to body shrinking requirements)

My question is, the bond is an assurance against claiming from the state in the first year after which it is returnable. When does this year start? From the date of lodging? The date of validation? The date of arrival for good?

I am suprised that the bond is being requested before my medicals as I am still concerned about my BMI (currently 42.9 but dieting/excerising like a nutter to get below 40) and the fact that I might fail on this.

If I fail the medical on my weight (no other issues) and get refused will I get my bond back?

Many thanks for you advice.

Rob
I always thought it was for 2 years, has it changed. And i suspect its from date of arrival, not sure though.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by midge04
I always thought it was for 2 years, has it changed. And i suspect its from date of arrival, not sure though.
Sorry it is in fact 2 years and according to DIMIA's website the bond becomes active on the date that the visa is granted or date of arrival. What is does not make clear is whether the date of arrival is the the date on which the visa is validated or the day that we go for good.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

aflatun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rabc
Sorry it is in fact 2 years and according to DIMIA's website the bond becomes active on the date that the visa is granted or date of arrival. What is does not make clear is whether the date of arrival is the the date on which the visa is validated or the day that we go for good.
Dear Rabc

2 years time starts from the date:
-for offshore visa on arrival
-for onshore visa on grant.

Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I would think that if you visa was refused, the bond would be returned soon after. They would not need to keep it and I'm sure I asked my agent this at the start of our process.

Jo