Wikiposts

AOS Bond for CPV Visa

Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:16 am
Just Joined

AnnR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Bond for CPV Visa

I hope this is an easy question for those that have lodged their bonds with Centrelink in the past. My question is how long will my assurer be given from the date of the interview with Centrelink to the time the bond will need to be lodged with the Commonwealth Bank. In other words will my assurer be given (say) 10 days to lodge, or will the bond have to be lodged on the day of the interview with Centrelink?

Sorry if this has turned out to be a bit 'long winded' after I said this was an easy question!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:03 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AOS Bond for CPV Visa

Originally Posted by AnnR
I hope this is an easy question for those that have lodged their bonds with Centrelink in the past. My question is how long will my assurer be given from the date of the interview with Centrelink to the time the bond will need to be lodged with the Commonwealth Bank. In other words will my assurer be given (say) 10 days to lodge, or will the bond have to be lodged on the day of the interview with Centrelink?

Sorry if this has turned out to be a bit 'long winded' after I said this was an easy question!
Hi

............ and welcome to the BE site.

I may be incorrect, but I understand that payment of the AoS bond is part of the interview process with Centrelink, along with the assurer proving identity, residency and income levels.

Once the interview is completed, Centrelink with inform DIAC that they have accepted the AoS and DIAC will then ask you for the 2nd VAC (the large one!) which you will have approx one month to pay. Once done DIAC will, in normal circumstances and assuming no moratorium is in force as in the last Australian FY, issue the visa approval letter.

Hope that helps, but if you are still unsure, could I suggest that your Assurer makes a call to their local Centrelink to confirm.

Regards

Jim
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:17 am
Just Joined

WheresTheWind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

............ and welcome to the BE site.

I may be incorrect, but I understand that payment of the AoS bond is part of the interview process with Centrelink, along with the assurer proving identity, residency and income levels.

Actually, I've just done the AOS interview and you don't hand over payment during the interview. Upon completing the interview, I was given 14 days to get the bank account containing 14k set up, and return to centrelink with the certificates from the bank proving the funds had been lodged. My Centrelink lady said however, if 14 days wasn't long enough to get sorted out, they would be flexible - you'd just have to keep them informed as to how things were progressing.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

Originally Posted by WheresTheWind
Actually, I've just done the AOS interview and you don't hand over payment during the interview. Upon completing the interview, I was given 14 days to get the bank account containing 14k set up, and return to centrelink with the certificates from the bank proving the funds had been lodged. My Centrelink lady said however, if 14 days wasn't long enough to get sorted out, they would be flexible - you'd just have to keep them informed as to how things were progressing.
That was pretty mch the same for me. Apart from the fact that they lost my first lot of documents and I had to go back adn resubmit it all!!!! I was asked to do the $14000 about 2 weeks after my interview.I took the docs in regarding the $14000 and that was that! Mum and Dad have their CPV now!!! Just need to sell their house!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:40 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

There you are then, AnnR - 2 replies direct from those who have attended a CPV assurer interview with Centrelink.

Good luck with your application.

Jim
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:35 am
Just Joined

AnnR is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to Jimclevs; OzJo and WheresTheWind for taking the time to answer my question. I can sleep a little easier now knowing the time frame for my AOS sponsor.