Wikiposts

AOS Bond

Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy AOS Bond

Hi,
Once the amount is paid to CommonWealth for the Bond, does the Bank inform Centrelink directly? Is the sponsor required to mail any evidence of deposit of the money to Centrelink?

After depositing the money in the bank for the bond they went on holiday, and we haven't heard anything from DIMIA. Can anyone please urgently tell me what the process is?

Thanks
IG
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:26 am
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice
Default Re: AOS Bond

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi,
Once the amount is paid to CommonWealth for the Bond, does the Bank inform Centrelink directly? Is the sponsor required to mail any evidence of deposit of the money to Centrelink?

After depositing the money in the bank for the bond they went on holiday, and we haven't heard anything from DIMIA. Can anyone please urgently tell me what the process is?

Thanks
IG
I think the bank should provide a recipt for the deposit that the assurer then takes to Centerlink as proof that the bond has been lodged. Centerlink should then contact DIMIA to advise that the bond has been lodged and everything ok.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fionast
I think the bank should provide a recipt for the deposit that the assurer then takes to Centerlink as proof that the bond has been lodged. Centerlink should then contact DIMIA to advise that the bond has been lodged and everything ok.
Fionast,
Thanks for your response. My sponsor assumed that the Bank would inform Centrelink, so they sat on the receipt .....and now they are away on holiday. I am worried sick ....that we may have missed some deadlines?

Once they are back, will ask them to send the receipt to Centrelink.

IG
Old Feb 17th 2006, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Fionast,
Thanks for your response. My sponsor assumed that the Bank would inform Centrelink, so they sat on the receipt .....and now they are away on holiday. I am worried sick ....that we may have missed some deadlines?

Once they are back, will ask them to send the receipt to Centrelink.

IG
Might be a good idea to contact centrelink urgently and explain that there has been an oversight on the part of your assurers. I understand you have 14 days from assurer interview to lodge the bond and return to C'link with the receipt (that's what timeframe my sister was given recently, anyway), so I'd let C'link know what's going on. It might be that the bank are willing to mail a duplicate receipt to c'link in the meantime. I don't know, but good luck!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

come on indiegirl, been watching your timeline

come on you can do it, I hope you find your info

big fat hugs to you Lace xxxx
Old Feb 17th 2006, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lacey21
come on indiegirl, been watching your timeline

come on you can do it, I hope you find your info

big fat hugs to you Lace xxxx

Thanks Lacey, Happymum.

Sponsor's back in Oz on Tuesday. Will find out exactly what they've done. I guess Centrelink can see that the bond was lodged and all that was left was to advise them.........as long as I get the visa and it is not refused on these grounds that's good enough, the timing doesn't matter

Cheers