Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ANZSCO Code for ACS ? 261313 Software Engineer or 261312 Developer Programmer

ANZSCO Code for ACS ? 261313 Software Engineer or 261312 Developer Programmer

Old Sep 25th 2012, 5:53 am
Just Joined

little.banter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ANZSCO Code for ACS ? 261313 Software Engineer or 261312 Developer Programmer

Hi Guys,

Please help me in choosing the correct occupation I am bit confused some time i think i should choose 261312 Developer Programmer and sometimes i think i should choose 261313 Software Engineer. Please help me in this regards Urgent response required as I am going for Skill Assessment.

Detail of my experiences:

I have 4 experience letters on my current experience letter my designation is written "Senior Java Developer" or on all other experience letter my designation is written as "Senior Software Engineer" or "Software Software Engineer".

My responsibilities on current experience letter where I am working are as followed.

1 Responsible for designing and implementing of software solutions in accordance with requirements.
2 Involvement in researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs in coordination with business analyst and software architects.
3 Perform requirement analysis independently as required to refine and elaborate software design to an appropriate level of detail.
4 Implementing software solutions using Java and J2EE technologies.
5 Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
6 Suggests enhancements or modifications in software for performance improvement and to support the technical solution(s).
7 Involvement in scope estimation (time, effort, duration) Independently and/or by consulting with Software Architect and Project Manager.
8 Ensuring adherence to development standards, processes and best practices.
9 Review code to ensure the best practises and design patterns.
10 Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures.
11 May engage in other software development activities.

Similar responsibilities are also mentioned in previous employer's experience letter. I am so much bothered that I should go for 261313 Software Engineer. Please guide me.

Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:21 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANZSCO Code for ACS ? 261313 Software Engineer or 261312 Developer Programmer

Originally Posted by little.banter
Hi Guys,

Please help me in choosing the correct occupation I am bit confused some time i think i should choose 261312 Developer Programmer and sometimes i think i should choose 261313 Software Engineer. Please help me in this regards Urgent response required as I am going for Skill Assessment.

Detail of my experiences:

I have 4 experience letters on my current experience letter my designation is written "Senior Java Developer" or on all other experience letter my designation is written as "Senior Software Engineer" or "Software Software Engineer".

My responsibilities on current experience letter where I am working are as followed.

1 Responsible for designing and implementing of software solutions in accordance with requirements.
2 Involvement in researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs in coordination with business analyst and software architects.
3 Perform requirement analysis independently as required to refine and elaborate software design to an appropriate level of detail.
4 Implementing software solutions using Java and J2EE technologies.
5 Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
6 Suggests enhancements or modifications in software for performance improvement and to support the technical solution(s).
7 Involvement in scope estimation (time, effort, duration) Independently and/or by consulting with Software Architect and Project Manager.
8 Ensuring adherence to development standards, processes and best practices.
9 Review code to ensure the best practises and design patterns.
10 Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures.
11 May engage in other software development activities.

Similar responsibilities are also mentioned in previous employer's experience letter. I am so much bothered that I should go for 261313 Software Engineer. Please guide me.

Thanks a lot.
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, that really isn't something that requires an urgent response. If you feel that it is urgent, hire an agent.

Ultimately, only you can know what job you do. Go through the job descriptions & see which fit best. No-one on here can make that decision for you.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 11:11 am
sbj
Just Joined

sbj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANZSCO Code for ACS ? 261313 Software Engineer or 261312 Developer Programmer

hi greenstar,

i have similar question too, i u got the answer please let me know.
also will it matter if i apply as software engineer or developer programmer.
will ACS assess based on my skills and associate me with proper designation ?

please clarify me

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 11:19 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sbj
hi greenstar,

i have similar question too, i u got the answer please let me know.
also will it matter if i apply as software engineer or developer programmer.
will ACS assess based on my skills and associate me with proper designation ?

please clarify me

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum.

The answer won't be any different from my earlier post to the OP. Have a look at the job descriptions to see which one fits yours best.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 6:04 am
Just Joined

cyber_drac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mate,

This is very common question comes to most of professionals when applying for skills assessment specially as a IT professional.

It is illegal to give an advice since I am not qualified to do so. Therefore I believe best option for you is that, have a very close look on job description according to ANZSCO. Then go for most suitable one.

Good luck!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 3:11 am
sbj
Just Joined

sbj is an unknown quantity at this point

i completely agree with you guys and im not denying to have a look at job description mentioned in ACS. basically my job role and task performed matches with both the designation, in this case would you guys let me know which one shall i choose. does this job designation matters in occupation ceiling ?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 1st 2012, 7:36 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sbj
i completely agree with you guys and im not denying to have a look at job description mentioned in ACS. basically my job role and task performed matches with both the designation, in this case would you guys let me know which one shall i choose. does this job designation matters in occupation ceiling ?

Thanks in advance
Evidently each occupation code has its own ceiling, but DIAC is not going to tell you exactly where they are at, so, again, you are going to have to choose one and stick with it.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:43 am
Just Joined

rohans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, can anybody help me choosing the best ANZSCO code?
Old May 13th 2013, 3:14 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rohans
Hi Guys, can anybody help me choosing the best ANZSCO code?
Why are you cross-posting in different threads?