British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anyone want my case officer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-want-my-case-officer-575145/)

badassbrickie Nov 25th 2008 2:49 pm

Anyone want my case officer?

Finaly after 9 months of waiting we have finally got a case officer. Trouble is it is at at time when we really cant afford to pay £700 for medicals :(. Also they are asking for things which we cant possibly provide, dont know where I am going to get the information from :(. Sorry to be a moaner I know we should be grateful to finally have a CO, but it's a stress too many at the moment. Hubby is working 7 day weeks for us to survive and will be out of work in a few weeks, add to that the tax man investigating my hubby, daughters birthday coming up, christmas, and having to remortgage in a few months. feel like there is a giant black cloud over our heads. the excitement of almost getting there has been overrun by doom and gloom :(

Again sorry for the moan, just feel a bit low with it all :wub:

memewest Nov 25th 2008 3:11 pm

Re: Anyone want my case officer?

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 7008219)
Finaly after 9 months of waiting we have finally got a case officer. Trouble is it is at at time when we really cant afford to pay £700 for medicals :(. Also they are asking for things which we cant possibly provide, dont know where I am going to get the information from :(. Sorry to be a moaner I know we should be grateful to finally have a CO, but it's a stress too many at the moment. Hubby is working 7 day weeks for us to survive and will be out of work in a few weeks, add to that the tax man investigating my hubby, daughters birthday coming up, christmas, and having to remortgage in a few months. feel like there is a giant black cloud over our heads. the excitement of almost getting there has been overrun by doom and gloom :(

Sorry to hear your woes.... :(

Just keep remembering why you started this in the first place....cause those reasons are still there...we all get down days, some more than others but we all have them...

Feel happy with yourselves that you now have a CO that others would gladly buy off you... ;) It's a FANTASTIC step to get your CO...

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbsup:

I think as long as you can provide them with proof that your meds are booked, then i think they are happy....so if you can't afford to do them now, you can book them for after christmas and email your CO with your booking confirmation that you should get through the post...that will help on that score...:thumbsup:
Also with christmas not that far away, it will interrupt the working days a little so you'll get a few days grace there...

I hope this helps a bit....

and i hope your feeling happier soon....

gere Nov 25th 2008 4:40 pm

I agree with memewest.

Congratulations on the CO, please do not give up, carry on to achieve your Australian dream. Best wishes for a rosy and prosperous future.

Gere

mb_jg Nov 25th 2008 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 7008219)

I am in the a similar situation as you. The money is really tight, we have no CO yet, career, investments, life generally is on hold.
If we do not get our visa by March I will have to sell off our place for whatever price I get & put up in a rented place. What after that? What if my visa is rejected? Then I am left without a home, my investments are a complete waste, life insurance premiums go down the drain, I just couldn't afford to buy another place, will have to switch jobs given the current situation. Hell, I don't even know how I am going to buy my air tickets.
But, we are hanging in there even after knowing it all. It's a huge gamble you play. But in my opinion the gamble is worth the life in OZ.
I was watching this movie the other day, will tell u the name once I remember. It's about a guy who goes thru the worst situations in life & in the end he gets all that he wants. The moral..."AFTER EVERY BAD, THERE IS GOOD"!!!
Hang in there, this will pass too :thumbup:

Tuxtrip Nov 25th 2008 5:19 pm

Might be a good time for a car boot sale (despite the weather!). It always seems a little tougher at this time of year, but at the end of the day, you have your dreams set on a new life in Australia. Buy the kids something little that they can take to Oz with them and tell the rest of the family that you are saving for other things just now and will not be splashing out this Christmas. It is a credit crunch scenario right now so never a better time to cry poor and get away with it! Use your credit card for your medicals if you have to and pay them off (rather than unecessary presents).
What is the other info requested that you feel you cannot come up with?

melbert Nov 25th 2008 8:32 pm

Hey guys, I'm feeling the same doom and gloom too, but I really do want a case officer!!

Badass, do what meme says and book those meds, look at it in a different light and see what you're aiming for. Is it really worth throwing it all away when you've finally got this far, I would bite your hand off for your CO, so, chin up, look on the bright side and think of the new life ahead - with work for your hubby!

Mel:D

jollyswagman Nov 25th 2008 9:37 pm

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL! MY HUSBAND IS A BRICKIE AND WORK DRIED UP 3 WEEKS AGO, 1ST TIME IN 20 YEARS HE HAS BEEN OUT OF WORK. WITH CHRISTMAS AROUND THE CORNER BUILDING TRADE IS NOT GOOD AT THE BEST OF TIMES!
WE ARE STAYING POSITIVE AND WILL SHOP WISELY FOR OUR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FOR OTHERS AND WILL GO WITHOUT OURSELVES. WE GOT A CASE OFFICER YESTERDAY AND ARE REALLY PLEASED BUT REALLY NEED TO SELL OUR HOUSE AS WE DON'T WANT EMPTY HOUSE LEFT BEHIND WHILST PAYING RENT IN OZ, THE OTHER SIDE OF COIN IS WE DO HAVE WORK TO GO TO IN OZ SO WOULD BE EARNING BUT PAYING IT OUT ON RENT!
I WOULD DEFINATLY TAKE OTHER POSTERS ADVICE AND GET MEDICALS DONE EVEN IF YOU PUT THEM ON THE CREDIT CARD AS IT GIVES YOU OPTIONS IF WORK NOT AVAILABLE HERE!
ALL THE BEST AND THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER!:)

MarkMC Nov 26th 2008 6:00 am

Originally Posted by jollyswagman (Post 7009574)
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL! MY HUSBAND IS A BRICKIE AND WORK DRIED UP 3 WEEKS AGO, 1ST TIME IN 20 YEARS HE HAS BEEN OUT OF WORK. WITH CHRISTMAS AROUND THE CORNER BUILDING TRADE IS NOT GOOD AT THE BEST OF TIMES!
WE ARE STAYING POSITIVE AND WILL SHOP WISELY FOR OUR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FOR OTHERS AND WILL GO WITHOUT OURSELVES. WE GOT A CASE OFFICER YESTERDAY AND ARE REALLY PLEASED BUT REALLY NEED TO SELL OUR HOUSE AS WE DON'T WANT EMPTY HOUSE LEFT BEHIND WHILST PAYING RENT IN OZ, THE OTHER SIDE OF COIN IS WE DO HAVE WORK TO GO TO IN OZ SO WOULD BE EARNING BUT PAYING IT OUT ON RENT!
I WOULD DEFINATLY TAKE OTHER POSTERS ADVICE AND GET MEDICALS DONE EVEN IF YOU PUT THEM ON THE CREDIT CARD AS IT GIVES YOU OPTIONS IF WORK NOT AVAILABLE HERE!

Have you spilt coke on the shift key? Its stuck down.

Dorothy Nov 26th 2008 8:01 am

Originally Posted by jollyswagman (Post 7009574)

Originally Posted by MarkMC (Post 7010525)
Have you spilt coke on the shift key? Its stuck down.

To put it another way, using the caps lock is seen as shouting, which in netiket is rude. Besides, it's very difficult to read.

badassbrickie Nov 26th 2008 10:41 am

Tahnks guys, I jst feel like I have constant knot in my chest all the time I cant sleep for worrying about everything.

Case officer has asked for my husband to prove he has been self employed as a bricklayer since 2004, I did all this for TRA, sent a letter from tax office and everything. when i said this to my agent she said it was for before 2004. I know all the references were for after 2004 from the companies, but agent is adamant. I dont have the copies as my computer had to be reinstalled a few months ago. if she got that info out it would cover us. i dont understand. our agent is so unhelpful, it is like she cant be bothered to open the file and check.

I took you advise and booked medicals for 8th dec. only for hubby to come home and have a go at me for it saying he cant afford the time off work.:curse:

im sick of having do do it all myself with no support from him, agent or anyone else (except you guys!).

rant over.. he is going for medical like it or not!

caliburn Nov 26th 2008 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 7008599)
I am in the a similar situation as you. The money is really tight, we have no CO yet, career, investments, life generally is on hold.
If we do not get our visa by March I will have to sell off our place for whatever price I get & put up in a rented place. What after that? What if my visa is rejected? Then I am left without a home, my investments are a complete waste, life insurance premiums go down the drain, I just couldn't afford to buy another place, will have to switch jobs given the current situation. Hell, I don't even know how I am going to buy my air tickets.
But, we are hanging in there even after knowing it all. It's a huge gamble you play. But in my opinion the gamble is worth the life in OZ.
I was watching this movie the other day, will tell u the name once I remember. It's about a guy who goes thru the worst situations in life & in the end he gets all that he wants. The moral..."AFTER EVERY BAD, THERE IS GOOD"!!!
Hang in there, this will pass too :thumbup:

As they say... "Tough time never lasts, but tough people do".

De Mange Nov 26th 2008 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by badassbrickie (Post 7011241)
Tahnks guys, I jst feel like I have constant knot in my chest all the time I cant sleep for worrying about everything.

Case officer has asked for my husband to prove he has been self employed as a bricklayer since 2004, I did all this for TRA, sent a letter from tax office and everything. when i said this to my agent she said it was for before 2004. I know all the references were for after 2004 from the companies, but agent is adamant. I dont have the copies as my computer had to be reinstalled a few months ago. if she got that info out it would cover us. i dont understand. our agent is so unhelpful, it is like she cant be bothered to open the file and check.

I took you advise and booked medicals for 8th dec. only for hubby to come home and have a go at me for it saying he cant afford the time off work.:curse:

im sick of having do do it all myself with no support from him, agent or anyone else (except you guys!).

rant over.. he is going for medical like it or not!

Copies of your husbands self assessment tax returns since 04 should suffice, as will copies of his accounts.

If he uses an accountant they should be able to provide copies of these and also a letter confirming his self employed status.

jollyswagman Nov 26th 2008 5:43 pm

My apologys to the touchy people on here about my post in capital letters!
I was simply trying to support a member who is having a very tough time and did not expect bitchy comments in return!:curse:

Dorothy Nov 26th 2008 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by jollyswagman (Post 7012685)
My apologys to the touchy people on here about my post in capital letters!
I was simply trying to support a member who is having a very tough time and did not expect bitchy comments in return!:curse:

My apologies if you find being helpful bitchy.

James516 Nov 26th 2008 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 7013521)
My apologies if you find being helpful bitchy.

:rofl: nicely done. They have over 300 posts, you think they'd know how off-putting caps are. That said, they are from Yorkshire...