Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone Using Oe Going To The Manchester Seminar 30 July??

Wikiposts

Anyone Using Oe Going To The Manchester Seminar 30 July??

Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Using Oe Going To The Manchester Seminar 30 July??

Lol possoms,
no he is coming to Manchester Airpport to sell his wares I think! I am going to go and seek some info.

I didn't know there was one on Sackvill Street othewise I may have poped my head in.

Good luck with what ever you are doing in the future and on that day
cheers
Lace x
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:14 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Anyone Using Oe Going To The Manchester Seminar 30 July??

Hi everyone. We are oe clients(ex now as we have just got visa) . We arer off to brisbane area next feb or july. Anyone else going to brisbane area, would be nice to meet up at the comnference.

have just recieved the pack off oe this morning, and it saty you have to phone them when you recieve the pack and tell them what state and area you are moving to so that they can have a name tag with details of where you are going so that you can meet others there which i think is a great idea.

We live in manchester so its a 20 min bus journey for us home.

Who else is definately going, and where are you heading in oz, and when.

Alan and clare.x
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:22 am
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Kelli have you booked a place? do you need hotel phone number?

anyone else using OE going

Bun we are going up on the train Seminar only about 15 mins walk from station are you using OE?

Kay

where are you off too possoms.
al and clare
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:31 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alkristensen
where are you off too possoms.
al and clare
HI we are off to Tasmania sorry not very near brisbane but it would still be great to get together.

we are staying over at the hotel next door.

Anyone else coming??

Kay
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

We are off to Brisbane and we also live in Manchester
I have spoken to you before
lace x
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:45 am
Banned

sorry lace, have had so many conversations and rants on expats i cant remember. what was we talking about?

Are you off to the do?

Be great to meet some faces. We ll have to have name tags with BE names on instead of our own!!

look forward to meeting you all.
al. and clare.x
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Al,
I can't go to that do becasue I have to see my agent that day but I would like to say hello to you anytime. We should have a reunion for the north of England but it should be situated somewhere closer than Natwich or where ever it was when they did it.
look forward to that if we can arrange it
cheers
Lace x I have to go I have a headache I have just graduated today lol
Old Jul 15th 2005, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lacey21
We are off to Brisbane and we also live in Manchester
I have spoken to you before
lace x
Sounds like half of the hairdressers in Manchester and the suburbs are off to Brisbane!!! We are planning to be there next April from Macclesfield and surprise, surprise, Michele is a hairdresser too

Greg, Michele and Bella

Last edited by Greg, Michele and Bella; Jul 15th 2005 at 7:02 am.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:15 am
Banned

I used to be a hairdresser, but now own barbers shops. Easier to run, may ind future employees or workmates on here too then!

Are you going to the seminar greg and co?

alk
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

I used to be a hairdresser, but now own barbers shops. Easier to run, may ind future employees or workmates on here too then!

Are you going to the seminar greg and co?

alk
Unfortunatley not alk. We would have done but it's my dad's 70th Birthday do that day, and having just announced we're upping sticks and buggering off to Oz, it probably wouldn't have gone down to well to say we weren't going!!

We would be up for any other meet up in the area though in future

Greg, Michele and Bella
Old Jul 17th 2005, 6:37 am
Banned

Post Re: Anyone Using Oe Going To The Manchester Seminar 30 July??

I know what you mean. Its never a good time to tell people, so its just better to say it!

Be nice for a NW/ gr manchester meet though.

Ill update what it was like as i had to phone them after reading this post as we got no email for this seminar, especially as we have just got our visa, this is the sort of stuff that we want to know, and its seems that when the visa was lodged they just forgot about us and we had to chase and chase them for everything.

They lost my tax forms and things relating to my business i sent them as they sent everything to an old address(all originals too) after we had filled in a change of circumstances form for dimia and wrote and told them too. Make sure you ring them and ask what your address is on their computer (if you move) and see if they have changed it, as you dont want things going astray that cannot be replaced as i had.

i have just been reading through all my old emails after lodgement and most of them start "sorry for not getting back in touch sooner"

Their standards seem to drop when you get further down the line and the payments cease. Watch out for this when using them, and if you get Ben or Bridget, ask to be put on with someone else, as pathetic is too weak a word.
Otherwise the rest of team that dealt with us (rosie and alana ) were brilliant.

Overall we wouldnt recommend them as they lied to us from the start and charged us too much (£3000). They said that we HAD to be married to make it easier, we went through all the marriage process right down to nearly booking the reistry office, had rings and dress made, all costing us about 2 grand, then was told that we didt need too (and was charged more for it being a defacto visa)!!??
We were told it was no visa no fee at the interview, then backtracked once we had given them the money saying that they wouldnt give any money back if we failed the medicals which we accepted, and then said no money back f fail police checks too.
The only time my agent got in touch with me was to threaten me with legal action, and to say that he could no longer represent me, as i had offered another british expat advice on TRA and offered to give them a template based on my references that i had typed about myself!!

We got our visa due to him having a good team. But then again he has some crap team members that let the company down badly, especially DAVE, the sales rep in manchester, that lied to us on several occasions during our interview.

Be aware, thats all i can say.
al
Old Jul 17th 2005, 6:44 am
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi Al,
I can't go to that do becasue I have to see my agent that day but I would like to say hello to you anytime. We should have a reunion for the north of England but it should be situated somewhere closer than Natwich or where ever it was when they did it.
look forward to that if we can arrange it
cheers
Lace x I have to go I have a headache I have just graduated today lol
hi lacey, there is a north west meet arranged for the same day as the seminar, july 30th. people are meeting at the salt cellar pub just off junction 18 of m6, towards middlewich. the thread is called something like 'ok lets do it, north west meet' hope to see some of you there x loidy
Old Jul 17th 2005, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi,
this salt cellar pub is too far for me to meet at this is one of the reasons I didn't go last time
some where closer to this side of the hill please that would be good (Over towards Saddleworth) lol
cheers
lace
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:36 am
Banned

yeah somewhere like didsbury..... hee hee(thats where we are!)

Any thoughts anyoneas to a more central place?
al
Old Jul 17th 2005, 7:23 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

yeah somewhere like didsbury..... hee hee(thats where we are!)

Any thoughts anyoneas to a more central place?
al
wow, we are about 1 mile away from you! x loidy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.