Wikiposts

Anyone managed without a Migration Agent?

Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone managed without a Migration Agent?

Hello,

Me again - can you tell I'm getting stressed?

If anyone has any good advice for completing the migration process without an agent, please can you let me know? Are we stupid to try without one?

Ta,
Tony
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:34 am
WBB

Default Re: Anyone managed without a Migration Agent?

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
Hello,

If anyone has any good advice for completing the migration process without an agent, please can you let me know? Are we stupid to try without one?

Ta,
Tony

what type of visa are you applying for and are there any potential pitfalls in your application?

Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
what type of visa are you applying for and are there any potential pitfalls in your application?
I am applying for a Fiance Visa. My Fiance is from Perth and we have been together 16 months, getting engaged in October last year.

We can't foresee any problems occurring, however we obviously don't want to mess things up. I have asked a few questions already under 'Proving Genuine & Continued Relationship'. We are currently living with my parents, as I have gone back to college for a year, so don't have any utility bills. We have two joint bank accounts, several joint travel ticket receipts etc and her parents just left today after coming across for the Engagement party...

Any advice on whether we need a MA or where we should go from here?

Cheers,
Tony
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:21 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

I often recomend people do their own application - if it is striaght forward, you have the time and you access to the right info - you should have a go yourself - if this gets too tricky - then get an agent.

Always use a registered Agent and someone who has a track record with your type of application.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I am applying for a Fiance Visa. My Fiance is from Perth and we have been together 16 months, getting engaged in October last year.

We can't foresee any problems occurring, however we obviously don't want to mess things up. I have asked a few questions already under 'Proving Genuine & Continued Relationship'. We are currently living with my parents, as I have gone back to college for a year, so don't have any utility bills. We have two joint bank accounts, several joint travel ticket receipts etc and her parents just left today after coming across for the Engagement party...

Cheers,
Tony
Straight forward visa...cant see you needing agent....post all your questions on here and someone will help....
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:47 pm
James Weston

>Are we stupid to try without one?

My answer to this question of yours would have to be no. This is
because I attended to my own application and had no problems at all.

I had to rely on spouse bonus points and owing to the fact that my
wife was self employed this caused me some stress. I got to a stage
where I was concerned whether or not I had given sufficent proof of
recent work experience. It turned out that my submission was
adequate.

In the end the application is akin to writing an exam. Read the
question asked or the criteria that has to be met carefully. Answer
the question directly or make the appropriate submission to satisfy
the criteria. E.g. there is a difference between 'recent work
experience' and 'having worked in your nominated occupation.'

Good luck

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:15 am
Konstantin Tsolov

hi Tonyonthemove,

Tonyonthemove wrote:
    > without an agent, please can you let me know? Are we stupid to try
    > without one?

certainly not! just bear in mind that it takes a lot of dedication
and some pretty serious research (which you might already know :-)).
of course, can't leave unmentioned the invaluable help from this
news group :-)

--kosio

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:36 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,
Tony
Hi Tony!

Fiance/Spouse visa's are easy usually!
Yours sounds pretty straight forward.

Most people on here talk about skilled independant visa's, which are a lot more trouble, and even them you can do without an agent most of the time.

I have actually never heard of someone going for a partner visa using a migration agent!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:20 am
Go Banana's !!

Hello,

Ta,
Tony
We haven't used an agent and like James Weston, we approahed this like the biggest exam of your life. We are Skilled Aus Sponsored. It was fairly straight forward if you read the questions carefully and answered fully. There is a thread about it on the Immigration section of this site.

Our thoughts were that you have your own interests as priority, but an agent would have lots of applications to juggle. If you can trust yourself to me motivated, then go for it DIY and GOOD LUCK

Warren and Jill