Anyone living in Brisbane?

Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone living in Brisbane?

Hello there,

We're a family living in Scotland but hope to move out to Brisbane, (waiting medical/police results to be ok'd). We'd love to hear from anyone currently living and working out there.

We're both nurses here in the UK, I'm neonates and my hubby is renal (mainly heamodialysis) and we have two kids under five.

We're looking to see realistically what we're talking for a four bedroom house in a good area close to schools etc. Also would like to know about hospitals (or links to these) that cater for both.

Any info would be greatly appreciated from people living there for now or those in the know.

Many thanks

Ginny
Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:48 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone living in Brisbane?

Originally posted by Ginny:
Hello there,

We're a family living in Scotland but hope to move out to Brisbane, (waiting medical/police results to be ok'd). We'd love to hear from anyone currently living and working out there.

We're both nurses here in the UK, I'm neonates and my hubby is renal (mainly heamodialysis) and we have two kids under five.

We're looking to see realistically what we're talking for a four bedroom house in a good area close to schools etc. Also would like to know about hospitals (or links to these) that cater for both.

Any info would be greatly appreciated from people living there for now or those in the know.

Many thanks

Ginny
I'm in Brisbane, I can't help you with the Hospital jobs, but for house prices, and rentals go to http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...d&t=res&snf=bs

House prices vary in Brisbane depending on what area. close to the city is usually very expensive, a bit like London, it can greatly vary depending on the postcode.

I think it would be safe to say that an average 4 bedroom house in a "normal/average" suburb of Brisbane is around $170/$240 AU dollars.

Hard to say, like I said it really depends on what postcode/area of Brisbane, some areas are a Million dollars for small house - stupid prices (but that is usually close to the city and river)

check out the link I've given you, that's one of the biggest online real estate agents here.

cheers
Old Aug 30th 2002, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,

Many thanks

Ginny

Hi Ginny
You could have a look at www.ljhooker.com.au www.raywhite.net and www.realtor.com.au We are looking at Shailer Park area or Regents park which are both outer southern suburbs. For work there are loads of agencies ie nursewordwide, acclaim. I found myself 5 points short the week before my application was submitted and managed to get a job offer from Greenslope Hospital in a week. Being renal and NICU you will have no problem arranging ajob to go to. You canemail me if you want more info.
Cheers
Susan
Old Aug 30th 2002, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by susmac:

Hi Ginny
You could have a look at www.ljhooker.com.au www.raywhite.net and www.realtor.com.au We are looking at Shailer Park area or Regents park which are both outer southern suburbs. For work there are loads of agencies ie nursewordwide, acclaim. I found myself 5 points short the week before my application was submitted and managed to get a job offer from Greenslope Hospital in a week. Being renal and NICU you will have no problem arranging ajob to go to. You canemail me if you want more info.
Cheers
Susan
Thanks for the links. A bit depressing sitting looking at all the places as it's a very cold, wet and windy day here.

How did you go about getting registered? Was it fairly easy to do before venturing out there?

Thanks again

Ginny.
Old Aug 30th 2002, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the links. A bit depressing sitting looking at all the places as it's a very cold, wet and windy day here.

How did you go about getting registered? Was it fairly easy to do before venturing out there?

Thanks again

Ginny.
It's easy, just download the forms from the QNC site and send them the documents needed. The whole process took about a month. If your British trained it seems to be straightforward.When are you planning on going?
Susan
Old Aug 30th 2002, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Kershaw4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we are going to Brisbane in November. In May this year we had a trip to check out houses, jobs, schools etc. We really loved Cleveland/Ormiston Bay/ Wellington point area being close to the sea and on the train line into city. A really nice 4 bed detached with pool in lovely area was about 340-400. If you would like to keep in touch would love to hear from you. Helen
Old Aug 30th 2002, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Kershaw4:
Hi, we are going to Brisbane in November. In May this year we had a trip to check out houses, jobs, schools etc. We really loved Cleveland/Ormiston Bay/ Wellington point area being close to the sea and on the train line into city. A really nice 4 bed detached with pool in lovely area was about 340-400. If you would like to keep in touch would love to hear from you. Helen
Hi Susan and Helen,

Thanks for replying and giving me some useful information. We're hoping to go and get visas kicked in next year. Unfortunately we won't manage to go permenatly till about the year after. I'm at University just now so that's put things on hold a bit. We weren't planning on things coming through so quickly (8 months) and probably could've went if it took around the quoted 20 months, but that's life. A bit of an expensive holiday next year but at least I'll get to check out all the info I've gathered from this site.
Might catch up with you guys seen as you'll make it there quicker than me.

Thanks again

Ginny.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 7:57 am
Siobhan Hanrahan

Hi,

Some useful links, particularly those heading to Brisbane:

www.gregorys-online.com Street
Directories www.colesmyer.com.au Online
supermarket & household goods shopping
www.raywhite.com.au Real Estate www.osr.qld.gov.au/fhog/html/public-
ations.htm
www.couriermail.news.com.au
Brisbane's daily newspaper
www.realtor.property.com.au Real
Estate www.health.qld.gov.au Department of
Health - links to health services/ hospitals
www.education.qld.gov.au Department of
Education - links to schools etc.
www.brisbane.qld.gov.au Brisbane City
Council www.healthposts.com.au
Advertising jobs in the health sector
www.firstnational.com.au Real Estate
www.professionals.com.au Real Estate
www.whereis.com.au Street finder www.mortgageaustralia.c-
om.au.au/real_estate-australia.htm
Mortgage info
www.oxleygroup.com.au Nursing Agency

Hope these are of some help.

Siobhan

"susmac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Ginny:
    > > Hello there,
    > >
    > > We're a family living in Scotland but hope to move out to Brisbane, (waiting
    > > medical/police results to be ok'd). We'd love to hear from anyone currently
    > > living and working out there.
    > >
    > > We're both nurses here in the UK, I'm neonates and my hubby is renal (mainly
    > > heamodialysis) and we have two kids under five.
    > >
    > > We're looking to see realistically what we're talking for a four bedroom house in
    > > a good area close to schools etc. Also would like to know about hospitals (or
    > > links to these) that cater for both.
    > >
    > > Any info would be greatly appreciated from people living there for now or those
    > > in the know.
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >
    > > Ginny
    > Hi Ginny You could have a look at
    > www.ljhooker.com.au[/url]
    > ]www.raywhite.net[/url] and
    > ]www.realtor.com.au We are looking at
    > Shailer Park area or Regents park which are both outer southern suburbs. For work
    > there are loads of agencies ie nursewordwide, acclaim. I found myself 5 points
    > short the week before my application was submitted and managed to get a job offer
    > from Greenslope Hospital in a week. Being renal and NICU you will have no problem
    > arranging ajob to go to. You canemail me if you want more info. Cheers Susan
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 1:49 am
Andrew

"Siobhan Hanrahan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

Just a quick note...

Neither Coles Myer or Woolworths take on-line orders in Brisbane or do home
deliveries (though it would very useful) - so you'll have to do the shopping
yourself. Late night shopping (Thursday in the 'burbs - Friday in the CBD) and sunday
trading is starting to take off so you'll have a little more flexibility when you
want to shop.

Regards, AndyH, Brisbane

> Hi,
    > Some useful links, particularly those heading to Brisbane:
    > www.gregorys-online.com Street
    > Directories www.colesmyer.com.au Online
    > supermarket & household goods shopping
    > www.raywhite.com.au Real Estate www.osr.qld.gov.au/fhog/html/pu-
    > blications.htm
     www.propertyvalue.com.au/report1.php?cB=3cdda4e88256f
    > www.couriermail.news.com.au
    > Brisbane's daily newspaper
    > www.realtor.property.com.au Real
    > Estate www.health.qld.gov.au Department
    > of Health - links to health services/ hospitals
    > www.education.qld.gov.au Department
    > of Education - links to schools etc.
    > www.brisbane.qld.gov.au Brisbane City
    > Council www.healthposts.com.au
    > Advertising jobs in the health sector
    > www.firstnational.com.au Real Estate
    > www.professionals.com.au Real Estate
    > www.whereis.com.au Street finder www.mortgageaustral-
    > ia.com.au.au/real_estate-australia.htm
     Mortgage info
    > www.oxleygroup.com.au Nursing Agency
    > Hope these are of some help.
    > Siobhan
    > "susmac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Originally posted by Ginny:
    > > > Hello there,
    > > >
    > > > We're a family living in Scotland but hope to move out to Brisbane, (waiting
    > > > medical/police results to be ok'd). We'd love to hear from anyone currently
    > > > living and working out there.
    > > >
    > > > We're both nurses here in the UK, I'm neonates and my hubby is renal (mainly
    > > > heamodialysis) and we have two kids under five.
    > > >
    > > > We're looking to see realistically what we're talking for a four bedroom house
    > > > in a good area close to schools etc. Also would like to know about hospitals
    > > > (or links to these) that cater for both.
    > > >
    > > > Any info would be greatly appreciated from people living there for now or those
    > > > in the know.
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks
    > > >
    > > > Ginny
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi Ginny You could have a look at
    > > www.ljhooker.com.au[/url]
    > > ]www.raywhite.net[/url] and
    > > ]www.realtor.com.au We are looking at
    > > Shailer Park area or Regents park which are both outer southern suburbs. For work
    > > there are loads of agencies ie nursewordwide, acclaim. I found myself 5 points
    > > short the week before my application was submitted and managed to get a job offer
    > > from Greenslope Hospital in a week. Being renal and NICU you will have no problem
    > > arranging ajob to go to. You canemail me if you want more info. Cheers Susan
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >