Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

anyone from Ireland applying now/ soon/having had medicals?

anyone from Ireland applying now/ soon/having had medicals?

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice
Default anyone from Ireland applying now/ soon/having had medicals?

Hi
anyone here who from Ireland who knows how much medicals cost ( per person- we have to have 6 check ups!!)
Living in Donegal / Inishowen ourselves. Love to hear from people around here!
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone from Ireland applying now/ soon/having had medicals?

Originally Posted by ozbaz
Hi
anyone here who from Ireland who knows how much medicals cost ( per person- we have to have 6 check ups!!)
Hey Ozbaz

We had our meds done in drogheda. The doc was great and we had no problems at all. Meds cost 550 for family of 4 and had xrays done the same day they were 150 for me and oh.

Let me know if you want me to dig out his details

Paddy
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:40 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozbaz
Hi

Hi,

I haven't had medicals yet but did some pricing around in the Cork area last week, cheapest was 140 euro for medical and 60 euro for chest x-ray. Not sure if it would be cheaper for groups, that was an individual rate.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Chief1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again lil sweets,

Ur best bet is to look up the 'panel doctors' section of the immi website and pick the one closest to u. Give em a call and shop around. With a family ur size it may pay to travel somewhere where they are cheaper.

Mine was €140 plus €90for x ray (and €55 for DHL fees). Oh and lilsweets read my post re Credit Card charges. AH charge in Sterling which is much more expensive to buy than dollars.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:18 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chief1980
Hi again lil sweets,

Ur best bet is to look up the 'panel doctors' section of the immi website and pick the one closest to u. Give em a call and shop around. With a family ur size it may pay to travel somewhere where they are cheaper.

Mine was €140 plus €90for x ray (and €55 for DHL fees). Oh and lilsweets read my post re Credit Card charges. AH charge in Sterling which is much more expensive to buy than dollars.
Hey Chief!

I'm not the one looking for family rates but did price the medicals in Cork for myself only, think my quote I got was similiar to yours but I didn't factor in the DHL fees. I don't expect to be getting them done til later in the year, want to delay it for as long as possible so I don't have to rush out there to validate the minute I get approval.

I submitted my visa application online and paid by credit card. It was a bit more expensive than I had expected but I think it was down to an unfavourable rate given by the credit card company. It has happened in the past, my euro was converted straight to aussie dollor, neither AH nor sterling involved. I don't think my credit card company ever offers magnificent rates but in this case I wasn't too bothered as it is the most convenient option for me. I just wanted to pay and forget about the application for a while.

The difference was about 50 euro when compared to a popular foreign currency website but a credit card company is never going to offer the same rate as these, that is the reality of the situation. Can understand the frustration for others though.

Lil