Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

anyone had problems scanning Dutch Police checks?

Wikiposts

anyone had problems scanning Dutch Police checks?

Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:08 am
Just Joined

The Beels is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy anyone had problems scanning Dutch Police checks?

Hi all, feeling very frustrated today-has anyone been in this situation?-

As my hubby and me live in the Netherlands, we were requested by our CO to obtain Dutch Police checks, which we did. Dutch Police checks also contain an English translation at the bottom of the sheet. When I scanned this to our CO, she asked for a translation (our migration agent said they wouldn't need one) So, off I went, got the translation (all on letterheaded paper/stamped and signed) and it is the same as the English, oh, well, we're spending money like wildfire anyway...

I scanned them yesterday- the translation AND the original again (PDF) and got an email this morning stating that they had not been correctly certified and that I should scan the originals in colour (I ALREADY DID THAT!!!) The only colour part is the red stamped number at the top of the sheet and the translators signature in blue-what else do they need???

And here was I thinking that it was GOOD news getting a CO! Just when you think you've submitted everything correctly (I've replied to her email asking for further clarification as to how it is not a certified translation but now have to wait until Mon for a reply...)

Pls reply if you have any advice, just didn't want to start the weekend feelingl ike we've been kicked in the teeth after 19 months of bloody paperwork!

Cheers all, and hope some of you have had some good news today!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone had problems scanning Dutch Police checks?

Originally Posted by The Beels
Hi all, feeling very frustrated today-has anyone been in this situation?-

As my hubby and me live in the Netherlands, we were requested by our CO to obtain Dutch Police checks, which we did. Dutch Police checks also contain an English translation at the bottom of the sheet. When I scanned this to our CO, she asked for a translation (our migration agent said they wouldn't need one) So, off I went, got the translation (all on letterheaded paper/stamped and signed) and it is the same as the English, oh, well, we're spending money like wildfire anyway...

I scanned them yesterday- the translation AND the original again (PDF) and got an email this morning stating that they had not been correctly certified and that I should scan the originals in colour (I ALREADY DID THAT!!!) The only colour part is the red stamped number at the top of the sheet and the translators signature in blue-what else do they need???

And here was I thinking that it was GOOD news getting a CO! Just when you think you've submitted everything correctly (I've replied to her email asking for further clarification as to how it is not a certified translation but now have to wait until Mon for a reply...)

Pls reply if you have any advice, just didn't want to start the weekend feelingl ike we've been kicked in the teeth after 19 months of bloody paperwork!

Cheers all, and hope some of you have had some good news today!!!!
Hi, sorry I don't have an answer but I had to do a dutch police check as well, because I'm dutch but live in the UK.
I'll give my agent an email and ask if they need a translation before I send mine of to my CO....
best of luck

Debby
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Hi

I live in Ireland now but need a dutch police check and have applied 2 weeks ago. I am expecting it monday or tuesday (or so they told me).

I read here somewhere about that same problem see below

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=482595

I hope we don't have to translate it, lots of others haven't. Mention that to your CO.

BTW how long did you have to wait for your CO from when you applied?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Hi dandn & soulrebel,

Cheers for the replies. I emailed my agent beforehand and he said we didn't need a translation as the Co's would be used to dealing with this kind of paperwork. maybe it is down to the individual CO? I dunno, but I did email her to explain this, and she still asked for it.:curse:
I really hope you don't have to provide translations-I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
We are applying for 175 modl(was 136 i think, can't keep up with all these changes) hubby is a carpenter and our application was acknowledged beginning of Aug and the Co was assigned mid November (sorry, don't have the dates at hand, at work) so hopefully you'll have one soon.

I'm just really frustrated (as is everyone else waiting!!!) but it's been a very expensive process, we naively went for pay-as-you go as our agent said we had a straightforward application-yeah, right (WISH I HAD FOUND THIS FORUM AGES AGO) and this has cost us more than 3 times the average quotes on this site (am in the process of prodcing a complaint pack to MARA with all the mails and bills, etc) and to top it all, we were hoping to have the visa by now, and leave NL to return to the Uk next week-hence the stress-it's gonna be hard sorting out this once we have left!!!

Sorry, not whinging here for a reply, bt want to let you know why am being such a moaner!!!!!

Anyway, hope your applications have been easier than ours, and I hope my mail to the CO wasn't too direct-have to be nice, ya know?????? Our future is in their hands!!!

Truly appreciate the replies guys, best of luck for you both,

H x
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:37 am
Just Joined

benneman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Dutch and living in the Netherlands. Maybe this makes a difference but probably not.

I can tell you that we just forwarded our police checks (or "verklaring omtrent gedrag" as it is called over here) as is. No need for translation; the English bit at the bottom is enough.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ben
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by benneman
I'm Dutch and living in the Netherlands. Maybe this makes a difference but probably not.

I can tell you that we just forwarded our police checks (or "verklaring omtrent gedrag" as it is called over here) as is. No need for translation; the English bit at the bottom is enough.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ben
Hi All, it seems the matter has been sorted. After mailing CO explaining we did everything she had asked, and that the translator thought it as strange to give a translation of what was written at the bottm, etc etc. we got a reply from the CO stating 'this application will be finalised once we have received Holland Police Checks' No clarification. Nothing. Nada. So, got on the phone to our Agent (had cc'd him on every mail and he also thought CO was being unreasonable) and lo and behold, got an email from CO stating she is willing to accept them but could I please send them via email (which is what i did in the first place so all i can do is resend the scanned doco's) and sorry for the delay in replying!!!!
All I can think of is maybe she was being assessed or something-I don't think anyone would put us through that stress for no reason-but at least we can sleep now-the last few weeks before an answer and the pressure is well and truly on as we also leave ou NL life next week!

I really hope it'll be a warm, sunny Xmas for everyone who got back to me, even if they didn't have any advice-your replies were truly appreciated!!!!

H x x x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

I don't like the sound of your agent, The Beels! I'm glad you're making a complaint to the MARA and hope they follow it up. I'd love to know who it was but you would probably get into trouble for saying the name publically.

Have you ended the agreement?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Beels
Hi All, it seems the matter has been sorted. After mailing CO explaining we did everything she had asked, and that the translator thought it as strange to give a translation of what was written at the bottm, etc etc. we got a reply from the CO stating 'this application will be finalised once we have received Holland Police Checks' No clarification. Nothing. Nada. So, got on the phone to our Agent (had cc'd him on every mail and he also thought CO was being unreasonable) and lo and behold, got an email from CO stating she is willing to accept them but could I please send them via email (which is what i did in the first place so all i can do is resend the scanned doco's) and sorry for the delay in replying!!!!
All I can think of is maybe she was being assessed or something-I don't think anyone would put us through that stress for no reason-but at least we can sleep now-the last few weeks before an answer and the pressure is well and truly on as we also leave ou NL life next week!

I really hope it'll be a warm, sunny Xmas for everyone who got back to me, even if they didn't have any advice-your replies were truly appreciated!!!!

H x x x
Hi, glad everything is sorted !!!!!
I haven't received my VOG yet thoughfrom Holland!!!
arghhhhh waiting waiting waiting... drives you up the wall sometimes!!

best of luck and hope you have your visa soon

Debby