Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone got their police checks from the Met?

Wikiposts

Anyone got their police checks from the Met?

Old Aug 1st 2003, 1:15 am
Just Joined

JandKS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone got their police checks from the Met?

Hi
We requested our police checks on 24th June - went into our local cop shop and they got sent off to the Met Identification Service. My hubby got his back on 19th July - 25 days after the request. However, I haven't had mine back yet (even though they were sent off on the same day) and the 40 day deadline they give is tomorrow. Whenever I try and phone the number on my husbands letter, all I get is a recorded message telling me it will be done in 40 days, and that I should contact my Data Protection Officer at my local station if it hasn't arrived. However, I have been informed we don't have a DPO so I was given another, different number to call - which is another recorded message telling me to call the original number!! Grrrrrr!!!!!

Is there anyone out there who has used the Met police for their checks and can give me any tips on chasing up my certificate please? When should I give it up for lost and apply again?

Thanks
KS
Old Aug 1st 2003, 2:03 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Look for a post from Carrianne I think back in May. There is a number for Scotland Yard where someone picks up the phone. They ask you to get your police station to fax through your form and they rush it through. We chased from Day 1 and got them through within a couple of weeks then the original requests came through weeks later.

Hope this helps

The thread may be on the other oz/nz page

Jo

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=153164

Sorry just found thread with number on it

Last edited by joh117; Aug 1st 2003 at 2:06 am.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Or call the New Scotland Yard switchboard on 020-7230 1212 and ask to speak to a 'human' in the appropriate department.

Ben
Old Aug 1st 2003, 5:41 am
Just Joined

JandKS is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much both.

I'll give them a call on Monday, and then keep my fingers crossed for a prompt reply!

K
Old Aug 1st 2003, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ask for the Data Protection Office (there is only a central one, individual Met police stations do not have them). The check you are enquiring about is a Subject Access clearance for emigration to Oz/NZ, if you have a copy of your original form or know when it was submitted - that would be helpful. And please - bear in mind that they are "human", they are probably not police officers, they are in a very busy office, and everyone says their case is urgent. A little courtesy might go a long way, most people shout and complain, but if you are the one who is polite.....you never know....
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 1:54 am
Ed Crowley

Default Re: Anyone got their police checks from the Met?

"JandKS" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks very much both.
    > I'll give them a call on Monday, and then keep my fingers crossed for a
    > prompt reply!

I'm also waiting for mine. Will try and find the number and give them a
call.