Anyone got RSMS Visa

Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by Safin
We are in hervey Bay QLD.

Before we settled on how to apply I did a bit of research on whether to apply via Brisbane or Parramatta business centre. (Company HO near one and job near other so apparently we can use either). Brisbane replied today with the following
Information on Processing Times:
We are currently experiencing processing delays for all business skills and
employer sponsored permanent residence applications. Service standards are
on our website at
http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/4.0.htm
(ENS/RSMS applications 5-7 months and Business Skills 9-15 months)
While we are achieving these service standards for most business skills
cases, ENS/RSMS applications are taking approximately 6 months to allocate
to case officers. The Department recognises that the time taken to process
your application may be causing you concern. However, please be assured
that your application will be processed as soon as possible.
Sorry to those applying there not good is it?

Still awaiting reply from Parramatta - which is the one the company's agent decided to use. Fingers crossed they have a better answer.
Thanks for that .... let us know what they say.

We were originally told 5 - 7 months ... so hopefully 5 months CO comes through and all gets sorted out !! Hmmmm hate the wait.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:46 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will be lodging at Parramatta so I'd be really interested to know their response.

I am also considering either going on a 457 and lodging RSMS as soon as I get there or going on my tourist visa (and have a long holiday) whilst I wait for RSMS to be processed. Does anyone know if you have to be offshore at time of visa grant for RSMS if it is lodged offshore?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently you can either apply for an onshore or an off shore, not sure of the difference, just know the terms of the visa I am on now I would have to apply for the off shore and leave the country, but if I go onto 457 visa first I can apply for onshore.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Apparently you can either apply for an onshore or an off shore, not sure of the difference, just know the terms of the visa I am on now I would have to apply for the off shore and leave the country, but if I go onto 457 visa first I can apply for onshore.
Hi Pumpkin Blossum - What visa are you on now?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I am on a student visa, and for a rsms visa it says you have to have completed your course if you apply for rsms, but you don't have to for 457, so I could do it via that.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pumpkin Blossum - What visa are you on now?
I've tried to look for the answer on the imigration website but is seems to be down at the moment.

The differences as far as I can see between on and off shore are the obvious - you can apply from the uk - or wherever - or if already in Aus on another visa.

The cost may be a factor. Who's paying? If the company are willing to stump up for all of it then maybe not so much but if you do 457 then RSMS it's 2 lots of fees. Medicals are more expensive here in Aus I think. We are paying $283 an adult and $157 kids under 11yrs. Done outside the major cities it seems more expensive. Also 2 lots of waiting times and the chance the employer may go cold on the PR if they have you here on a 457.

Even though we are here on a 457 if we'd had the choice I'dve gone straight to RSMS. There are lists on BE of the disadvantages of 457 and it's worth reading before you take that choice.

Safin
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:57 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried to look for the answer on the imigration website but is seems to be down at the moment.

The differences as far as I can see between on and off shore are the obvious - you can apply from the uk - or wherever - or if already in Aus on another visa.

The cost may be a factor. Who's paying? If the company are willing to stump up for all of it then maybe not so much but if you do 457 then RSMS it's 2 lots of fees. Medicals are more expensive here in Aus I think. We are paying $283 an adult and $157 kids under 11yrs. Done outside the major cities it seems more expensive. Also 2 lots of waiting times and the chance the employer may go cold on the PR if they have you here on a 457.

Even though we are here on a 457 if we'd had the choice I'dve gone straight to RSMS. There are lists on BE of the disadvantages of 457 and it's worth reading before you take that choice.

Safin
RSMS is definitely my first choice but with all this talk of delays in processing etc I am thinking if I want to be in Oz before Christmas then a 457 may be the quickest option. I dont mind paying for extras and my new employer has already agreed to pay for RSMS so they should let me do it immediately on arrival meaning my meds and PCC's should still be valid.

My other option is to lodge RSMS and then come into Oz on my current tourist visa - but I am thinking I would then have to leave again on visa grant to come back in and validate.

But anyway I have to sell my house first.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

WE HAVE THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had an e-mail this morning. I can't believe it - my kids think I have gone mad as I am dancing round the kitchen!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burkins

Had an e-mail this morning. I can't believe it - my kids think I have gone mad as I am dancing round the kitchen!!!!
WELL I'LL BE DAMBED !!!! BURKINS YOU GIVE HOPE TO RSMS VISA APPLICANTS ....

BRISBANE - DID YOU SEE THAT ...... I'M SURE THAT WAS ONLY 8 WEEKS !!! WASN'T IT !!!!

SELL THAT HOUSE !!!

CONGRATULATIONS BURKINS AND FAMILY !!!! GO GO GO !!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

It was very quick. When we lodged we were told 5 months so they obviously started to work faster. Thank you so much my very nice CO.

We have a viewing tomorrow for the house so fingers crossed.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

It was very quick. When we lodged we were told 5 months so they obviously started to work faster. Thank you so much my very nice CO.

We have a viewing tomorrow for the house so fingers crossed.
I'm still in shock !!! Very very nice CO !!! .... that is excellent - I had a feeling your's would move quick AND IT DID ...
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:39 pm
beach bum

"Thank you for your enquiry. Please be informed that based on our service standards for low riskcountries, the processing time for 119 visa application is within 5 monthsdepending on client circumstances. With regards to 457 visa application, the processing is within 2 monthsdepending on the completeness of the application and their circumstances.If the application is lodged online, the client will receive a notificationwithin 48 hours about their visa application and requirements"

This is the e-mail I got from Parramatta Business Centre today. Within 5 months to me says that is outside worst case scenario - heres hoping for an 8 Weeker.

CONGRATULATIONS BURKINS!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ponyrama
"Thank you for your enquiry. Please be informed that based on our service standards for low riskcountries, the processing time for 119 visa application is within 5 monthsdepending on client circumstances. With regards to 457 visa application, the processing is within 2 monthsdepending on the completeness of the application and their circumstances.If the application is lodged online, the client will receive a notificationwithin 48 hours about their visa application and requirements"

This is the e-mail I got from Parramatta Business Centre today. Within 5 months to me says that is outside worst case scenario - heres hoping for an 8 Weeker.

CONGRATULATIONS BURKINS!!!!
Fantastic news Burkins, gives us all hope.

ponyrama - Parramatta are just stating service guidelines not actual times. Hopefully they'd say if they weren't meeting them the way Brisbane did. But then Brisbane obviously aren't doing as badly as they say. Lets hope Parramatta are as quick.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone. It is such a fantastic feeling.

To give everyone hope, when we lodged we were told 5 months so fingers crossed for you all that you get your visa as quick.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Nick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really nice

wow well done

CONGRATULATIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.