Anyone got RSMS Visa

Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Hey fellas,

I went to check my 175 application status online as I haven't done so in a while and getting fustrated at the 857 not expecting any changes of the 175 from the initial status. Well as I expect no movement was on the 175 but then I decided to click on the 'view entitlement details' which shows you what visa you are currently on. In the past when I clicked on it, it will show my 457 but just then it showed 857 with visa status: In effect, a grant number and a visa grant date of yesterday.

I haven't recieved an email from immi yet but I think that means my 857 have been granted yesterday! I am now awaiting for Immi email for confirmation.

Its so good to see this two lines on the status;

Period of stay Indefinite
Visa type Permanent resident
What a weird way to find out my 857 status!

Last edited by looky; Feb 12th 2009 at 2:15 am.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looky
Hey fellas,

I went to check my 175 application status online as I haven't done so in a while and getting fustrated at the 857 not expecting any changes of the 175 from the initial status. Well as I expect no movement was on the 175 but then I decided to click on the 'view entitlement details' which shows you what visa you are currently on. In the past when I clicked on it, it will show my 457 but just then it showed 857 with visa status: In effect, a grant number and a visa grant date of yesterday.

I haven't recieved an email from immi yet but I think that means my 857 have been granted yesterday! I am now awaiting for Immi email for confirmation.

Its so good to see this two lines on the status;

What a weird way to find out my 857 status!
Hey thats great and yes very wierd. Expect to see you shouting from the roof tops when you get the confirmation!!!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Safin
Hey thats great and yes very wierd. Expect to see you shouting from the roof tops when you get the confirmation!!!
Yeah quite happy that at least I am a PR now with more security seeing the processing time for 175 with no modl and no csl becomes an endless blackhole with all that priority changes in the immi rules!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah quite happy that at least I am a PR now with more security seeing the processing time for 175 with no modl and no csl becomes an endless blackhole with all that priority changes in the immi rules!
you may even end up more or less doing the 2 years on RSMS and not bother going offshore for the 175!!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

you may even end up more or less doing the 2 years on RSMS and not bother going offshore for the 175!!
Yeah thats what I am thinking as well. If by the time the 175 is allocated and I am already on my 857 for 2 years then I wouldn't bother with the 175 anymore seeing the cost of new medical, new pcc, airfares, accomodation for going offshore and the 2 years for my IELTS might be expired and have to do a new one!

I'm glad I applied for 857 as well.

Last edited by looky; Feb 12th 2009 at 2:42 am.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah thats what I am thinking as well. If by the time the 175 is allocated and I am already on my 857 for 2 years then I wouldn't bother with the 175 anymore seeing the cost of new medical, new pcc, airfares, accomodation for going offshore and the 2 years for my IELTS might be expired and have to do a new one!

I'm glad I applied for 857 as well.
And you thought that was the second class application at the time!

If we don't get the 176 sponsorship may well end up doing likewise with 475 (SIR). It may be provisional for 2yrs but the PR at the end is grantable onshore without lots of extra costs. If that time is almost served not worth the extra to switch to 175, especially with 5 of us.

We'll wait and see what happens in next few weeks with sponsorships and IELTS's.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

And you thought that was the second class application at the time!

If we don't get the 176 sponsorship may well end up doing likewise with 475 (SIR). It may be provisional for 2yrs but the PR at the end is grantable onshore without lots of extra costs. If that time is almost served not worth the extra to switch to 175, especially with 5 of us.

We'll wait and see what happens in next few weeks with sponsorships and IELTS's.
That was before immigration started to tinker around with the priority rule...very annoying I must say to have people like us who are already onshore and paying tax to be dumped right behind offshore applicants with csl and modl.

I still have the 2 year clause though. I'm sure you will get yours eventually even if its the 475 before the perm one!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey all

Just an update. Instead of an email I received a letter today in the post notifying me of my 857 approval with my original pcc enclosed which I mailed when requested by Brisbane office last year.

The letter listed ways to get the visa label either via mail or in person but the letter doesn't have the visa grant number though.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Hey all

Just an update. Instead of an email I received a letter today in the post notifying me of my 857 approval with my original pcc enclosed which I mailed when requested by Brisbane office last year.

The letter listed ways to get the visa label either via mail or in person but the letter doesn't have the visa grant number though.
Congratulation looky!!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Safaet
Congratulation looky!!
Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Can I get you fella's view on this?

an I clarify when the 2 year obligation with the sponsoring employer start? I always assumed and have read that the 2 years start on the day the 857 is granted.

However, on my grant letter it says;

The Migratrion Acts provide for the cancellation of an RSMS visa where the employee has not commenced employment with the employer within six months of arriving in Australia or after visa grant if in Australia.
The Act also provides powers to cancel an RSMS visa if the employee left the position within two years of commence of employment for reasons within their control.
Note the bold part. To me that sounds like the 2 year starts upon my employment with my current employer (who sponsored for the 857 )when I was on 457. Is that right? I was on 457 for a year prior to the grant of the 857. So my current obligation ends after a year not that I am thinking of leaving, just want to know my rights.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

CONGRATS LOOKY!!!

You'll have to woop louder, I cant hear you from Cairns!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
CONGRATS LOOKY!!!

You'll have to woop louder, I cant hear you from Cairns!
Thanks! I was just asking if you are in Oz now then re-read your post and you're in Cairns LOL.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Location: Just moved back to the East Coast - living on the Nambucca
missmileyselina is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I get you fella's view on this?

an I clarify when the 2 year obligation with the sponsoring employer start? I always assumed and have read that the 2 years start on the day the 857 is granted.

However, on my grant letter it says;

Note the bold part. To me that sounds like the 2 year starts upon my employment with my current employer (who sponsored for the 857 )when I was on 457. Is that right? I was on 457 for a year prior to the grant of the 857. So my current obligation ends after a year not that I am thinking of leaving, just want to know my rights.
MASSIVE congratulations looky congratulations and celebrations lalala

As for the 2 year employment clause thing, i looked into this b4 i lodged my visa as was quite concerned as although not planning on leaving my employer, have elderly relatives in other parts of Oz etc And basically, the only way DIAC would ever question this, is if ur employer reported u, so basically, if u leave on good terms with ur employer, its all good. I can message you some policy stuff from DIAC if you would like
Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by missmileyselina
MASSIVE congratulations looky congratulations and celebrations lalala

As for the 2 year employment clause thing, i looked into this b4 i lodged my visa as was quite concerned as although not planning on leaving my employer, have elderly relatives in other parts of Oz etc And basically, the only way DIAC would ever question this, is if ur employer reported u, so basically, if u leave on good terms with ur employer, its all good. I can message you some policy stuff from DIAC if you would like
Thanks missmileyselina

If you could message me the DIAC policy on the 2 year clause that will be great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.