Anyone got RSMS Visa

Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by Safin
red or white?

Hows the plans coming along? Got flights booked yet?
Red thanks....

No not yet... got lots to sort out ... and working in my months notice... very stressful not knowing WHEN we are leaving ... cant wait to book them... hoping middle of Feb.. but may be pushing that a little bit.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Nick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really nice

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Red thanks....

No not yet... got lots to sort out ... and working in my months notice... very stressful not knowing WHEN we are leaving ... cant wait to book them... hoping middle of Feb.. but may be pushing that a little bit.
Hi janjanxx,

I'm the same as you, really hoping to go middle of Feb, but the reality is, that I just don't think I am going to sort everything out in time, letting my house, getting removal firm in, booking flights and handing my notice in..... argh !!! :curse:
Its not easy and anyone who says it is........... well I just don't believe them.
Nick.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Just wanted to say I heard nothing from them yet
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Just to make you guys feel a little better we did it in 2 weeks! (2 weeks notice required not one month!)

We had a removal firm chosen - full container for 4 bed house and 3 young kids! - but nothing more, no date confirmed etc. We had sorted out some rubbish but by no means all of it. We had instructed an agent to let our house but we only got a tenent confirmed the day before we flew! We'd signed the stuff and were going to leave it to them to sort out.

It was crazy but we did it. Had to sort a few loose ends fromhere but nothing major. Just make sure any bank account you leave open are accessible and you have cards, little access boxes (nationwide thingies), and reasonable expiry dates on cards. Don't forget a redirect on post as you are guareenteed to have forgotten something!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Just to make you guys feel a little better we did it in 2 weeks! (2 weeks notice required not one month!)

We had a removal firm chosen - full container for 4 bed house and 3 young kids! - but nothing more, no date confirmed etc. We had sorted out some rubbish but by no means all of it. We had instructed an agent to let our house but we only got a tenent confirmed the day before we flew! We'd signed the stuff and were going to leave it to them to sort out.

It was crazy but we did it. Had to sort a few loose ends fromhere but nothing major. Just make sure any bank account you leave open are accessible and you have cards, little access boxes (nationwide thingies), and reasonable expiry dates on cards. Don't forget a redirect on post as you are guareenteed to have forgotten something!

Thanks - But still feel stressed !! Bet you do too Nick .. I've given my notice .. finish here 31 Jan ... but then may sit a while until everything is sorted when in fact I could really do with the caaaaash !... so stressed out huge.... it will all come together in the end - I know that.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Do you fellas think its a good idea to ask about the status of my 857? Post, fax, email (don't think there is an email address)? How would you word it since they listed processing time as 6 months on the acknowledgement letter and its been about 3 months since application?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by looky
Do you fellas think its a good idea to ask about the status of my 857? Post, fax, email (don't think there is an email address)? How would you word it since they listed processing time as 6 months on the acknowledgement letter and its been about 3 months since application?
YES LOOKY .... I would try calling them.... ask Bix for assistance - I know he's phoned or emailed before.....
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

YES LOOKY .... I would try calling them.... ask Bix for assistance - I know he's phoned or emailed before.....
The immi wesite only have Brisbane office's postal address and fax number though. I can't find any phone number. http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...entres/qld.htm

BIX where are you when we need you!

Last edited by looky; Jan 9th 2009 at 6:15 am.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Latest Saga
Agent now admits they neglected to mention our contract may not be suitable (A) after they told us it was ok (B) after we waited since august for it! And this was only when we asked them outright AGAIN. They now want us to sign a waiver to say they have advised us the visa application has an uncertain outcome!!!!!! Can you believe this? We can't. We have less than 3 weeks til OH's 45th. Started sponsorship process in May.

So now we HAVE to "do a Looky" and do a 175 as well now and send in IELTS results when we get them later and just hope no-one looks at it til then. Bet the agent doesn't want to pay for it either. We will be asking though. Can't pull out of RSMS either as employer thinks they've done us a massive favour. Admittedly lots of effort at this late stage - caused by their inaction for months beforehand.

Wished we'd never started the RSMS at all now. Would've saved loads of stress and $$$.

Actually feeling a little numb to it all now. Not much left that can be done to us - except refuse both applications
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Latest Saga
Agent now admits they neglected to mention our contract may not be suitable (A) after they told us it was ok (B) after we waited since august for it! And this was only when we asked them outright AGAIN. They now want us to sign a waiver to say they have advised us the visa application has an uncertain outcome!!!!!! Can you believe this? We can't. We have less than 3 weeks til OH's 45th. Started sponsorship process in May.
Is it possible to change visa agents? - not meaning to be bad but yours sounds cr@p! I know it doesnt help with your OH's age and employment contract but a new agent maybe able to liaise with the employer and tell them exactly whats needed in the contract to make it pass DIAC. They may be more efficient and work for you - afterall, if you're paying the agent you'd expect a top notch service.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Thanks - But still feel stressed !! Bet you do too Nick .. I've given my notice .. finish here 31 Jan ... but then may sit a while until everything is sorted when in fact I could really do with the caaaaash !... so stressed out huge.... it will all come together in the end - I know that.
My last day is 31 Jan too!! Just booked flight tickets and i fly on 10 Feb. Still have my rented apartment to re-rent (is that called sub-let, or lease assignment - something like that), my suitcase to pack and the rest of my stuff to store at parents house...for my return...should i return!

You can do it JanJan. Keep your head up high and write lists! - ive about 6 going on at the moment!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Latest Saga

So now we HAVE to "do a Looky" and do a 175 as well now and send in IELTS results when we get them later and just hope no-one looks at it til then. Bet the agent doesn't want to pay for it either. We will be asking though. Can't pull out of RSMS either as employer thinks they've done us a massive favour. Admittedly lots of effort at this late stage - caused by their inaction for months beforehand.

Wished we'd never started the RSMS at all now. Would've saved loads of stress and $$$.

Actually feeling a little numb to it all now. Not much left that can be done to us - except refuse both applications
Well at least you have a safety net with the 175 if you apply for it and its dependent on you not your employer or your current agent so you're in control.

What exactly is wrong with the contract that might not satisfy the rsms? Not full time, more than 2 yrs/permanent, salary doesn't meet the immi criteria?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can't change agent as although we are paying for it it is the company who insist we use their agent if we want them to sponsor! Anyone wants to know who just PM me and I'll spill the beans.

Yes at least 175 is in our control. Bit nervous about having to submit before IELTS which we need for extra points but have read several agents on here saying its ok if you have UK passport and our agent also says its ok. Looks like OH will have time to try a couple of times if nec as non csl, non modl 175 is likely to take 12 months to get to a CO!

Out contract is a long term casual. It is 2yrs and 37hrs+ a week and meets salary. It went to DIAC for approval way back in July. We have to show we are in accordance with immigration law and not disadvantaged by the differences to a permanent contract (ie thats why there is a loading instead of holiday and sick pay as per all legal casual contracts).

We thought we were covered because agent told us it was ok and it turns out because its so long term there is a question mark over whether it really is able to be a casual contract. Apparently its quite a grey area and just depends on how Immigration employment lawyers view it.

No longer have time to thrash it out before submission so its wait and see. Bit of an expensive gamble.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
My last day is 31 Jan too!! Just booked flight tickets and i fly on 10 Feb. Still have my rented apartment to re-rent (is that called sub-let, or lease assignment - something like that), my suitcase to pack and the rest of my stuff to store at parents house...for my return...should i return!

You can do it JanJan. Keep your head up high and write lists! - ive about 6 going on at the moment!
Lists lol - that's funny - I have 3 journals, a filofax and a diary - cant keep up with all the notes I'm making !!!....

Saf... Why cant you just stay with the RSMS ??? Then after two years of work you free to move if you want and you on a PR?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Saf... Why cant you just stay with the RSMS ??? Then after two years of work you free to move if you want and you on a PR?
We are staying with the application cos work will go nuts if we pull out now. BUT agent is now warning us immigration may refuse visa as contract may not be in accordance with employment law!!!!

We can't wait it til we find out result of RSMS application as it stands or wait for the result of any further attempts to make the contract safer as OH too old for 175 in another 19 days and it'll be then too late to be doing any skilled visa applications. So we have to lodge 175 now as an insurance policy.

Between a rock and hard place I think its called. Probably find RSMS will go through and agent just scaremongering and we've spent all that extra on an insurance policy we won't need but we can't take the chance of not doing it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.