Anyone got RSMS Visa

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:37 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Janjanxx, yes, when we hear about Bix's second mate we can adjust the predictions. I think it should certainly be no later than the dates I put and hopefully a lot sooner.

I'm not obsessed as such, but the whole next part of my life is on hold until I get this thing sorted. I was expecting it to take much less time, so this limbo is a bit annoying.

Yungaburra Folk Festival tonight. Maybe I'll meet the Hippie of my dreams.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burbage
Janjanxx, yes, when we hear about Bix's second mate we can adjust the predictions. I think it should certainly be no later than the dates I put and hopefully a lot sooner.

I'm not obsessed as such, but the whole next part of my life is on hold until I get this thing sorted. I was expecting it to take much less time, so this limbo is a bit annoying.

Yungaburra Folk Festival tonight. Maybe I'll meet the Hippie of my dreams.
Saf - yip - but had to present myself well to Agent.. not only that but I come with 3 youngens... so had to make sure everything was well on track .. numbered and easily found... just me I guess !!

All the best with finding that Hippie Burbage lol

Agent promised us an email yesterday - who wants to guess if we got it or not?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:38 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Agent promised us an email yesterday - who wants to guess if we got it or not?

I would be absolutely tearing my hair out by now if I were you Jan. Where is your agent based? Camp out on his doorstep and when I get to Oz I'll go camp on the Brisbane Business Centre doorstep.

The standard for RSMS from low risk is 5 months - you should be getting near to that now Jan - as soon as you are past it I would start making some noise. And if your agent is really seriously inactive you can take control back of your application - theres a form you fill in I think and send it to DIAC. I would not be paying anyone any money who couldn't even be assed to respond to my e-mails! :curse:

Last edited by ponyrama; Oct 23rd 2008 at 6:39 pm. Reason: Spelling - tut!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I would be absolutely tearing my hair out by now if I were you Jan. Where is your agent based? Camp out on his doorstep and when I get to Oz I'll go camp on the Brisbane Business Centre doorstep.

The standard for RSMS from low risk is 5 months - you should be getting near to that now Jan - as soon as you are past it I would start making some noise. And if your agent is really seriously inactive you can take control back of your application - theres a form you fill in I think and send it to DIAC. I would not be paying anyone any money who couldn't even be assed to respond to my e-mails! :curse:
Yip Pony - that's the worst of it.... its not even Brisbane taking so long its the fact he cannot respond to his client that hits me hard..

We are in South Africa - Agent is in Australia - but am going to egg is house when I get there..
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I know the feeling about agents. I think mine will be glad to see the back of us. But as Ponyrama says we are paying them and the least they can do is answer an email.

Janjan i assume SA is also a low risk country? Can't see why you have to win your agent over - You employ him - he should be trying to impress you.

Totally agree with Ponyrama - bug the hell out of him til he replies. Can you phone instead? An email is easy to ignore someone on the phone right then and thre is much harder to refuse to answer.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Safin
I know the feeling about agents. I think mine will be glad to see the back of us.
I so echo that! My agent is co-signed by me and the employer so bless her, she's getting it from both of us!!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

My employer is finally getting around to applying for my 457 visa (quicker) and then they have agreed to apply for the RSMS visa as soon as the 457 visa is issued.

It will be at the Adelaide office. Is that one of the quicker ones? I am a little nervous about contacting previous employers for references, as I assume they will want them to be in quite a bit of detail? My previous bosses are all very busy people so I have no idea how long it will take them to actually get around to doing them for me.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom

It will be at the Adelaide office. Is that one of the quicker ones? (
If there is one thing i've learnt from this site is that as long as its not through Brisbane then it will be quick! (or at least quicker than Brisbane!).

Good luck. x
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
If there is one thing i've learnt from this site is that as long as its not through Brisbane then it will be quick! (or at least quicker than Brisbane!).

Good luck. x
Apparently things are moving now - they are just trying to sort out the backlog... have extra case officers working on that ....
Old Oct 27th 2008, 6:19 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Apparently things are moving now - they are just trying to sort out the backlog... have extra case officers working on that ....
I reckon you'll get an early Christmas present Jan. Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:22 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the bright side Janjanxx, the money you bring over is worth 30% more and the house prices will have dropped. Maybe the Brisbane business Office is doing you a favour.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Just moved back to the East Coast - living on the Nambucca
missmileyselina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, I am just about to lodge my application for visa RSMS. I am already working for the employer who is going to sponsor me and am just waiting on the okay from the powers that be to give us the okay...

One point I wanted to mention is you dont have to have the , you can lodge the nomiantion and visa ap at the same time. reading some of your threds i am not sure if you knew

Really sorry to read the threds of horror waiting time for aps to be processed, I hope all your aps get approved very soon :-)

Those of you that have lodged your RSMS ap - did you get your qualifications assessed by Vetassess in Oz or did you send certified copies of your qualifications? I have heard conflicting advice over which helps quicken the ap processing times... (of course, it may make no difference at all!)
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Misssmileyselina,

Some on here have lodged together soem seperately. We're not VETASSESS anyway but you don't need a skills assessment for RSMS. Having said that we've sent ours to the agent just because we had it and figured it doesn't do any harm. Not heard about it making a difference to processing times though.

Where are you? Doing what? Have you passed the RCB yet? and the all important question which office are you lodging at?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Just moved back to the East Coast - living on the Nambucca
missmileyselina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Safin

Thanks for the message

Yeah sorry I didnt introduce myself very thoroughy

I am here completely by chance! I came over to Oz to visit my parents who live in NSW. Then I came to Darwin to visit a cousin (still on holiday) and bumped into someone who knew they were crying out for people in my profession here (Planner/Urban Designer)

I was here on the working holiday visa (417) and contacted an employer who arranged for a special 6 month contract to be drawn up for me, so I would not risk infringing on my visa restrictions. I have been here 3 months now and have fell in love with my work Darwin and a man in Darwin (!) so hence why we have started the steps for my nect visa.

I probably wouldnt have been so hasty but I was not aware I get an automatic bridging visa but after reading about some horror processing times on here, I am glad I have just got on with it.

The stage I am at now is - I have had the certification from the RCB and things have been put on a hold for a bit while my employer gets the okay from 'the owers that be' ie higher than my supervisers.

I am told this is only a formallity but i am not enjoying the waiting game already! As soon as we get the okay, we are lodging the nomination and IF i have all paperwork, medical etc then my visa at the same time - if not as soon as Ive got everything I need.

so I would be inteersted in anyone has any advice on timescale for the Darwin DIAC as I havent seen any yet, but I am hoping that is a goog thing cos if they only have my application to process, it shouldnt take them very long

Selina

PS I have a very similar picture as my msn log in - I couldnt beleive it when I jsut saw yours!!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

From the darwin DIAC website.....

Please be aware that the Business and Skilled Migration Division will make every effort to process requests for certification / sponsorship within 28 working days of a full application being received.

An application is deemed to be complete when all supporting documentation has been received by the processing project officer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.