Anyone got RSMS Visa

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:49 pm
  #256  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 666
janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Oh my god I hadnt even contemplated that might happen - thats awful Tracy. How can they refuse if its been cerfitied by RCB etc?

I've just gone and booked a flight too! Dont know if I'm scared or not now!!!!!
We need to just sit tight and hear from Tracy WHY it was refused... Nomination being the employer side ...
janjanxx is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:51 pm
  #257  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Berwick,Melbourne.
Posts: 244
TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Why ???? Whats the reason for the refusal????

Fill us in with the details Tracy ?? ....

The case officer said it was refused because of his occupation, he is a truck driver. he was successfully sponsored on a 457 for the last 2 years and the RCB have approved it but Immigration say NO. We are devasted, our life is here now abd has been for almost 3 years. Our daughters are all settled in secondary school, they don't want to go back to the UK.
TracyAnne is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:55 pm
  #258  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 666
janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by TracyAnne
The case officer said it was refused because of his occupation, he is a truck driver. he was successfully sponsored on a 457 for the last 2 years and the RCB have approved it but Immigration say NO. We are devasted, our life is here now abd has been for almost 3 years. Our daughters are all settled in secondary school, they don't want to go back to the UK.
I'm in tears ... heart really sore for you.... there has to be another way ... please can anyone .... Alan / George ... advise what Tracy can do ... is there any other visa they can apply for ????
janjanxx is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:22 am
  #259  
Bix
da Bonehead
 
Bix's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Lion in da jungle
Posts: 22,767
Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by janjanxx
I'm in tears ... heart really sore for you.... there has to be another way ... please can anyone .... Alan / George ... advise what Tracy can do ... is there any other visa they can apply for ????
Initially, if the 457 is expiring then a renewal of the 457 may be possible.

Thereafter if an agent has not been used for this RSMS application then one should seek advice from an agent that is experienced in that type of visa.

There is a lot of detail to consider if there has been a refusal so no agent can really give a lot of advice without contemplating those details so it comes down to employing a professional. Yes it will cost but could be well worth it.
Bix is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:26 am
  #260  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 666
janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by Bix
Initially, if the 457 is expiring then a renewal of the 457 may be possible.

Thereafter if an agent has not been used for this RSMS application then one should seek advice from an agent that is experienced in that type of visa.

There is a lot of detail to consider if there has been a refusal so no agent can really give a lot of advice without contemplating those details so it comes down to employing a professional. Yes it will cost but could be well worth it.
Thanks Bix... your opinion always helps.... I also think seek an Agent .. regardless of cost...
janjanxx is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:39 am
  #261  
beach bum
 
ponyrama's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Snowy Mountains, NSW
Posts: 1,995
ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

I cant imagine how devasted Tracy and Co must feel - its my worst nightmare. Is the occupation not on the SOL or somthing? Can you get another 457? Whilst you think of another plan?
ponyrama is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:29 am
  #262  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Berwick,Melbourne.
Posts: 244
TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I cant imagine how devasted Tracy and Co must feel - its my worst nightmare. Is the occupation not on the SOL or somthing? Can you get another 457? Whilst you think of another plan?


Thankyou all for your word of support. Today is a new day and things don't look quite so bad. Luckily we still have 19 months left on our 457 so we have time to sort things out. I have conculted with George Lombard and we are considering various options. I may go back to college part time to finish my Diploma in Business Admin then we can apply for a 475 and be sponsored by my sister, so all is not lost, it will just take a little longer to get PR than we thought. I will keep you all updated with our progress and wish you all well.

Tracyanne
TracyAnne is offline  
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:22 am
  #263  
BE Forum Addict
 
Safin's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Back in Blighty
Posts: 1,942
Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Tracyanne, So sorry for your bad news. Hopefully you can still rescue something out of this.

Can I ask how long into the process you were? Just lodged....months into it?

I ask only because of my OH's age. He's almost 45 and if we don't hear a result before the very end of the process he'll by then be too old to apply for most other visa's meaning we'd have no other option than to return home. I am still considering lodging a second application (SIR) just before his birthday to cover us in case we get refused. Waste of money if RSMS granted but as you've found out you just never know. And we'd still need to get a 457 to keep us in the country whilst waiting on that one!
Safin is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:50 am
  #264  
BE Enthusiast
 
nigelb's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posts: 359
nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

OMG Tracyanne

I only just caught up with the thread... my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sure there will be a way forward for you..

best wishes

Sarah
nigelb is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:08 am
  #265  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 666
janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by nigelb
OMG Tracyanne

I only just caught up with the thread... my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sure there will be a way forward for you..

best wishes

Sarah
Welcome Sarah ....
Very sad for Tracyanne - But she has time and something will happen for them.... IT HAS TO !!!
janjanxx is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:34 am
  #266  
BE Enthusiast
 
nigelb's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posts: 359
nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Hi thanks for the welcome, just dropped by to put our RSMS timeline on, felt so bad when I read Tracys news.

We applied on 20/3/08 RSMS paperbased via Darwin office. CO allocated 14/4/08. Meds and PCC from 457 were still valid but were asked to redo meds in June done 26/6/08 more info requested 31/07/08 . Partner went on trip back to Uk on 7th August got back 19th (so we had to put app on hold til his return) and then requested to redo his PCC, PCC received 5/9 scanned and sent to CO today..... now we wait again

Sarah
nigelb is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:47 pm
  #267  
BE Forum Addict
 
Safin's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Back in Blighty
Posts: 1,942
Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi thanks for the welcome, just dropped by to put our RSMS timeline on, felt so bad when I read Tracys news.

We applied on 20/3/08 RSMS paperbased via Darwin office. CO allocated 14/4/08. Meds and PCC from 457 were still valid but were asked to redo meds in June done 26/6/08 more info requested 31/07/08 . Partner went on trip back to Uk on 7th August got back 19th (so we had to put app on hold til his return) and then requested to redo his PCC, PCC received 5/9 scanned and sent to CO today..... now we wait again

Sarah
Hi Nigelb - think we were on 457 thread at the same time! Sounds like youre not tooo far from PR now!

Finally got my OH to chase his HR dept yesterday to find that since immigratoin gave their decision on his contract 11 days earlier they had done nothing with it. Da nada, diddly squat, naff all! I am spitting mad. We have 52 days before we have to leave the country on the exisiting visa!!!!!
Safin is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:30 pm
  #268  
BE Enthusiast
 
nigelb's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posts: 359
nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Hiya

Yes we were on the 457 thread together...OMG what a nightmare you are having. Have you got a plan B??? Was your 457 only for 1 year is that why you only have 52 days...sorry if the answers are already in the thread somewhere..

If you need someone to chat or rant to as I did last year at this time when we were going through the courts to get permission to bring my daughter, feel free to pm or email...it does help even if the other person cant help your situation....

take care

sarah
nigelb is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:03 pm
  #269  
BE Forum Addict
 
Safin's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Back in Blighty
Posts: 1,942
Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hiya

Yes we were on the 457 thread together...OMG what a nightmare you are having. Have you got a plan B??? Was your 457 only for 1 year is that why you only have 52 days...sorry if the answers are already in the thread somewhere..

If you need someone to chat or rant to as I did last year at this time when we were going through the courts to get permission to bring my daughter, feel free to pm or email...it does help even if the other person cant help your situation....

take care

sarah
Yes visa was only for 1 year - apparently it had to match the contract term. Our plan b was an SIR but apparently we can't get a bridging visa whilst that's processed and it's taken the company so long to sort PR we haven't got time to wait it out onshore. So we are left with this mess......
Safin is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:28 pm
  #270  
BE Enthusiast
 
nigelb's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posts: 359
nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Have any agents offered any advice or guidance... It must feel so awful but you have to believe that there is a way out of this there always is sometimes its not a quick fix but there is always a way...

What could the employer do to help you...if they stopped sitting on their hands!!!!
nigelb is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.