Anyone got RSMS Visa

Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by Safin
fingers legs eyes ..... and anything else that can be crossed
YIP !! ....
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

We are renting it out, we still have a buyer interested but they need to sell ours so we are renting in the meantime so we can get to Oz quicker.

Now comes the panic of shipping!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burkins
We are renting it out, we still have a buyer interested but they need to sell ours so we are renting in the meantime so we can get to Oz quicker.

Now comes the panic of shipping!!!!
Good luck with that !! ... wish it was me organising shipping !!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

It will be your turn soon.

xxx
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Nick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really niceNick.d is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burkins
Morning everyone

I posted our passports to the Australian embassy in London on Tuesday evening recorded delivery and included a special delivery pre-paid envelope as requested. We had the passports back on the Saturday morning.

It does state 5 working days on the e-mail that you get instructing you to do this.

Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

xx
Hi Burkins, can you tell me whether or not you were given a date that you had to be in Australia by, when they granted you your visa.

Cheers
Nick
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration finally gave their verdict today and its now going back to the company for the required changes. Basically it good news for us.

Now we have to wait to see if anyone throws any more problems at us. We've hit opposition the whole way so far I can't imagine there won't be more. But then maybe we had our share now and it'll be plain sailing the rest of the way.

I'll feel so much more confident once the RCB has been done and approved and the application lodged. By my reckoning that's about 3-4 weeks away. (leaving just 4 weeks on our visa - cutting it a bit fine eh?)

Safin
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick.d
Hi Burkins, can you tell me whether or not you were given a date that you had to be in Australia by, when they granted you your visa.

Cheers
Nick
Unlike skilled visas I think this is the only stipulation:

Employee obligations

The employee must meet the following obligations.
  • commence employment within six months of arriving in Australia or within six months of the visa grant if they are already in Australia
  • remain employed in the nominated position in the regional area for at least two years.
The visa may be cancelled if the employee does not comply with these obligations to complete the two year contract with the employer.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
Unlike skilled visas I think this is the only stipulation:

Employee obligations

The employee must meet the following obligations.
  • commence employment within six months of arriving in Australia or within six months of the visa grant if they are already in Australia
  • remain employed in the nominated position in the regional area for at least two years.
The visa may be cancelled if the employee does not comply with these obligations to complete the two year contract with the employer.
Good for you Saf !!.....

Bix - yes that's correct....

Start of another day of waiting....
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:12 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Good for you Saf !!.....

Bix - yes that's correct....

Start of another day of waiting....

I'm sick of waiting - havent even lodged the damn thing yet - still waiting on employer to get their assess into gear. How long do I wait before I get seriously miffed and tell them to insert where sun doesnt shine???
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I'm sick of waiting - havent even lodged the damn thing yet - still waiting on employer to get their assess into gear. How long do I wait before I get seriously miffed and tell them to insert where sun doesnt shine???
Join the club !! ..... For us the worst is waiting a CO... 2 months and not a word ... for a visa that is meant to take 5 - 7 months surely there should be a CO allocated by now... and seems other offices are allocating and granting the same visa in 3 - 4 months ???? why the big difference?? Pony - where are you lodging??
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Join the club !! ..... For us the worst is waiting a CO... 2 months and not a word ... for a visa that is meant to take 5 - 7 months surely there should be a CO allocated by now... and seems other offices are allocating and granting the same visa in 3 - 4 months ???? why the big difference?? Pony - where are you lodging??
And yes Bix - I do understand that Brisbane under pressure with Staff etc.... but feel something needs to be done... especially considering we have an employer waiting for us ?? Shame man !!! Poor them
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:02 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

And yes Bix - I do understand that Brisbane under pressure with Staff etc.... but feel something needs to be done... especially considering we have an employer waiting for us ?? Shame man !!! Poor them
Yeah, I agree.

Has your employer tried contacting DIAC ?
Has your employer tried contacting their local Chamber of Commerce ?
Has your employer tried contacting their local MP ?

These are all valid ways in which to try to apply pressure and get an earlier result.

I do know though that large companies like Rio Tinto and BHP who use these processes are failing at the moment.

But if you don't try you don't succeed.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
Yeah, I agree.

Has your employer tried contacting DIAC ?
Has your employer tried contacting their local Chamber of Commerce ?
Has your employer tried contacting their local MP ?

These are all valid ways in which to try to apply pressure and get an earlier result.

I do know though that large companies like Rio Tinto and BHP who use these processes are failing at the moment.

But if you don't try you don't succeed.

Thanks for that .... I'll give that a bash if it goes over 5 months no CO !!... then we will panic !!... but I suppose I am still early days ...

Just wonder where my file is ???? ....

I work with files everyday and believe you me I have about 30 on my desk right now !! lol so know the feeling with pressure !! ...
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nick.d

Cheers
Nick
Hi Nick

Yes we were given the date to enter of 15 May 2009 which is a year from police checks and medicals. It then stated must not arrive after Jul 2013.

Sonya
Old Aug 28th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Nice to have someone here who has all this info already - thanks Burkins...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.