Anyone got RSMS Visa

Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by Safin
Still waiting on agent/immigration!!!!!!

If the decision goes against us we may be switching to a 475 (was SIR) and be temp for the next 3.5 years (8 months to get 475, 2 years to qualify and 9 months to get 887) instead of PR in a few months but financially much better off, lots more flexible. I'm really not sure how wise that is though, but OH is the one who works and he's much happy that way

Can't apply for a 175 til after end of nov when we earn 10 more points for aus work experience and current visa expires end of Oct!!!!

I used to have a full head of hair and look at it now (see avatar!)

Safin
Sounds like you at least know what is going on !!!! ....
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

That's because I've read the immi.gov website 508 times and can recite it in my sleep looking for ways to do this!

And my whole problem is that I don't know what's happening !

Does the label "control freak" spring to mind?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

That's because I've read the immi.gov website 508 times and can recite it in my sleep looking for ways to do this!

And my whole problem is that I don't know what's happening !

Does the label "control freak" spring to mind?
lol that's funny !! I was the same when we started ... no I just stare into space wondering "WHERE IS MY CO !!!"

This whole thing becomes quite addictive when you get going !! ..
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I did all this obsessing when we applied for our 457 last year, had a break and now am doing it again.

Think I may retrain to be a migration agent when I'm all done - or work for immigration. I think many of us here would make sympathetic CO's. Just providing info why stuff isn't happening stops the brain racing!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

I did all this obsessing when we applied for our 457 last year, had a break and now am doing it again.

Think I may retrain to be a migration agent when I'm all done - or work for immigration. I think many of us here would make sympathetic CO's. Just providing info why stuff isn't happening stops the brain racing!
Yeah - I thought of that toooo... think I would make the perfect Agent !! lol
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

We're hoping to hear tomorrow from the agent - unless someone in immi has taken the day off again or they need to think about it or some other delay.........

We know no more than a week ago!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're hoping to hear tomorrow from the agent - unless someone in immi has taken the day off again or they need to think about it or some other delay.........

We know no more than a week ago!
Well another day over in Australia and still nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!! booo hooo .... what gives??

:curse:

7weeks and nothing !!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:24 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Well another day over in Australia and still nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!! booo hooo .... what gives??

:curse:

7weeks and nothing !!
I dont think you'll get a CO - if you front loaded everything - you might just get your visa! How awesome would that be?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

I was just reading through form 47es for RSMS and couldn't find any address to post the application to! RSMS is solely paper based application isn't it?

I found some links on the immigration website about application posting to business centres. If I am in QLD on a 457 and applying for rsms do I post my application to the Brisbane Business Centre?http://www.immigration.gov.au/contac...entres/qld.htm Do you just write Brisbane business centre and the postal address on the envelop? Do you have to indicate its an rsms application on the envelope?

Also they require a format contract to be included with the application. Can I use the one I used for 457? It has a several lines indicating a 4 year contract (as the visa 457 is valid for 4 years) or do I need to get thme to write a new contract? What should be included in the contract for rsms?

I actually qualify for 175 (not sure if thats the right number but its the independent skilled migration) but I heard and read it takes a minimum of 12 months and more for it to be processed hence I decided to go for a rsms which is 6 months at the most. My medicals would have expired by the time the 175 is processed but would likely be valid for the rsms as I had it done 3 months ago solely for a PR application. Where I'm at now seem to be quite a hassle to get an immigration medical done. What do you guys think? Have I made the wrong choice?

Last edited by looky; Aug 13th 2008 at 2:45 am.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by looky
I was just reading through form 47es for RSMS and couldn't find any address to post the application to! RSMS is solely paper based application isn't it?

I found some links on the immigration website about application posting to business centres. If I am in QLD on a 457 and applying for rsms do I post my application to the Brisbane Business Centre?http://www.immigration.gov.au/contac...entres/qld.htm Do you just write Brisbane business centre and the postal address on the envelop? Do you have to indicate its an rsms application on the envelope?

Also they require a format contract to be included with the application. Can I use the one I used for 457? It has a several lines indicating a 4 year contract (as the visa 457 is valid for 4 years) or do I need to get thme to write a new contract? What should be included in the contract for rsms?

I actually qualify for 175 (not sure if thats the right number but its the independent skilled migration) but I heard and read it takes a minimum of 12 months and more for it to be processed hence I decided to go for a rsms which is 6 months at the most. My medicals would have expired by the time the 175 is processed but would likely be valid for the rsms as I had it done 3 months ago solely for a PR application. Where I'm at now seem to be quite a hassle to get an immigration medical done. What do you guys think? Have I made the wrong choice?

Difficult one ---- RSMS Visa is a very good visa as it is pr.... and also they say it takes 6 months (fingers crossed !!).... I would say good choice due to the time frame of things...
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

See my previous posts re problems with contracts that don't call you permanent and wo betide if the word casual is in there! Still awaiting a reply from immigration.

Also the main downside of RSMS is having to jump through the hoops the RCB set. they require quite a bit from the employer. I have stuff from them (the sunshine coast offcice) if you want to take a look. PM me if you want any details. Theres more paperwork than a 175 overall.

Do you have any concerns with being commited to the employer for 2 years? If not,, and you meet all the criteria a good visa.

For my money if we had a good shot at 175 we'd go for that even though it takes a few months longer. Its unconditional and cannot be revoked.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

See my previous posts re problems with contracts that don't call you permanent and wo betide if the word casual is in there! Still awaiting a reply from immigration.

Also the main downside of RSMS is having to jump through the hoops the RCB set. they require quite a bit from the employer. I have stuff from them (the sunshine coast offcice) if you want to take a look. PM me if you want any details. Theres more paperwork than a 175 overall.

Do you have any concerns with being commited to the employer for 2 years? If not,, and you meet all the criteria a good visa.

For my money if we had a good shot at 175 we'd go for that even though it takes a few months longer. Its unconditional and cannot be revoked.
AGREE !! .......
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

My rsms sponsorship application was no issues. The sponsorship was signed off by the relevane rcb and was sent off to immigration this week I was told.

I am already working in the position I am sponsored for but on a 457 currently, the main thing that caused me to choose rsms was the medical cost (hopefully not having to retake), not having to reapply for overseas and AFD police certs (as hopefully the visa grant takes only at most 6 months), shorter processing time and less of any risk of getting refused (incase I overlooked any factors such as work experience/length of time employed in the relevant nominated occupation) compared to a independent skilled. The 2 year link to the employer is the only con...

Back to my question,
Do you just write Brisbane business centre and the postal address on the envelop? Do you have to indicate its an rsms application on the envelope?

Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

My rsms sponsorship application was no issues. The sponsorship was signed off by the relevane rcb and was sent off to immigration this week I was told.

I am already working in the position I am sponsored for but on a 457 currently, the main thing that caused me to choose rsms was the medical cost (hopefully not having to retake), not having to reapply for overseas and AFD police certs (as hopefully the visa grant takes only at most 6 months), shorter processing time and less of any risk of getting refused (incase I overlooked any factors such as work experience/length of time employed in the relevant nominated occupation) compared to a independent skilled. The 2 year link to the employer is the only con...

Back to my question,
Not sure ....
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Your employer would have submited a copy of the contract to the RCB. If you've only ever signed the one then that'll be it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.