Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

Hi Lou, thanks for the advice on the form 80, i had a look at it and iwill never remember all my employment history, i changed jobs every other month when i was a teenager!! I will sort it out though and get it sent a.s.a.p!
I think you would be doing the right thing getting packed up as much as you can as the last few months will be manic, you can spend an hour on the phone to each energy supplier just getting sorted!! I am having a major clear out and car booting on a Sunday morning, i have to say that it's been a good laugh as have been going with a friend but i hate getting up early!
That is awful about your prespective viewers not turning up, they must know that you would have spent all day getting things ship shape!! We had 3 valuers out last week an the differnce was £40,000.00 in valuations!! Husband not convinced about selling due to drop in prices but i think it would be for best before they drop anymore, if we rent people may de value house anyway depending on who we get!!
I think your meds seem quite high, we paid £56 each for xrays and £55 + vat for childrens medical (64.63) and £85.00 + vat £99.87 for adult medicals + £15 for blood test! So i guess £406 in all for you saving £100! Depends if you are getting sick off paying out and want to save a bit? I have been picking up lots of bargains in the shops in way of sandels for me and summer dresses and swim things for kids etc as i know when we were in Oz at xmas clothes can be expensive so i thought i'd stock up so i am not having to buy for a while!
Let me know how you get on when you have meds
Debbie
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:41 am
Just Joined

andygale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ben&Steph2009
well good luck all!
hope you all hear soon
i'm now cr*pping it! so expensive and therefore so much pressure!
keep us posted where and when
can all support each other!
B&S
hi , i feel the same about the expense and pressure to pass although my british trade certs show that i'm more than compitant, have you taken the tests yet and if so what did it consist of. many thanks for any info ...andy
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

What trade are you Andy? My husband passed his July vetassess for a bricklayer!!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trussie
Hi Jana

Good to hear from you! Glad you have decided to do practicals in October and at least you haven't got to do the whole lot again - although its still crap! Have you heard anything yet? If not, I'd defo get on the phone to them and chase them after all the hassle last time, don't give them chance to mess you around this time. Have you thought about getting an Agent? I know they are expensive but in this situation, they may be able to put a bit more pressure on and take it away from you guys.

I bet your more nervous this time round, let us know when it is. I do agree that it may be about numbers and age. We were fortunate enough to be at the very start of the assessments but from reading the threads on here, people who did fail seem to have been later in doing theirs and there were a couple of younger couples who failed.

As for us, our application was submitted on line on 28th July so about 6 weeks ago but we obviously haven't heard anything yet. We have put the house up for sale and are considering doing the meds. Its a bit scary because although we may have been lucky enough to have passed the assessment, there is still no guarantee for the Visa (the medicals also scare me)! Not that we will be able to sell in this market!

Please keep me updated and let me know as soon as you hear from Vetassess. I'll let you know if we have any news.

Take care and don't stress too much!!! Stay positive (although its hard)

Lu xxxx

Hi Lu,

We're hanging in there... however the plot thickens....

We've been given a date for October to retake the practical which is all fine and dandy. The problem is that the location we've been given is Blackburn! Which is out of the question really.

We received a letter from them yesterday dated the 16th September, saying that as we hadn't booked our practical online like they had written to us about, they had done it for us. Their letter yesterday was the first written correspondence we have received from them since the July fiasco. Not to mention that we actually specified in writing to a person at Vetassess as the instructions about how to rebook a reassessment were unclear and just to make sure that our location would be London. Cheek.

I am so mad with this whole process! I am loosing heart sadly and we are now looking at other options for getting to Oz even though there aren't any really!

Just needed to moan.

Did you read that some April applicants have their visa's already?

Anyway, good luck!

Janna xx
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
What trade are you Andy? My husband passed his July vetassess for a bricklayer!!
i'm a chippy, where are you thinking of starting out in aus, we are going to perth hopefully as i have a daughter and 2 grandchildren living there, can i ask how much you paid for the vetasses test and what agency you are with
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

vettasses test is in 2 parts and costs about £850, first you send all docs off to them to prove experiance ect, then a trade test if they deem you competant enough, it is easy to do online without an agent, but if you have a complicated case then its best to seek advice.
john
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnknight001
vettasses test is in 2 parts and costs about £850, first you send all docs off to them to prove experiance ect, then a trade test if they deem you competant enough, it is easy to do online without an agent, but if you have a complicated case then its best to seek advice.
john
thanks for that, i will look into booking it myself rather than pay the agent £1000 plus, where did you have to sit yours, i think my nearest place is london...andy
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

hi
i sat mine in london, i believe that they also sit them in accrington and glasgow.
john
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD I AM SURE WE PAID OVER £300 FOR VETASSESS PAPER APPLICATION AND NEARLY £1000 FOR PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT! wILL TELL YOU MORE ACCURATLY ON THEIR WEBSITE!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Hi everyone, just out of interest, if anyone is thinking of settling in NSW and will need a license to work I have some details on how you may be able to get up to 70% of the paperwork for licensing sorted out before you arrive down under by getting assessed in your workplace whilst carrying out your normal daily duties. If anyone is interested then pm me.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Hi Lu,

We're hanging in there... however the plot thickens....

We've been given a date for October to retake the practical which is all fine and dandy. The problem is that the location we've been given is Blackburn! Which is out of the question really.

We received a letter from them yesterday dated the 16th September, saying that as we hadn't booked our practical online like they had written to us about, they had done it for us. Their letter yesterday was the first written correspondence we have received from them since the July fiasco. Not to mention that we actually specified in writing to a person at Vetassess as the instructions about how to rebook a reassessment were unclear and just to make sure that our location would be London. Cheek.

I am so mad with this whole process! I am loosing heart sadly and we are now looking at other options for getting to Oz even though there aren't any really!

Just needed to moan.

Did you read that some April applicants have their visa's already?

Anyway, good luck!

Janna xx

Hi Janna

How did the practical go? What date did Nick do it? Don't suppose you've heard?
Application life for us is still the same - no news. We've just heard from our agent who said they have now been notified that they are not even looking at applications until approx 8 months after submission at the moment due to such a high demand. Feelin a bit down at the minute, the house has been up for sale for 8 weeks (just before the economy crashed) and we have had NO interest, plus its obviously now worth about £25,000 less. Also really worried about the decrease in Immigration Visas for next years quota with the economic situation as it is. The oz have already stated the numbers will be decreased, as expected.
Sorry to go on - needed to get it off my chest!!! So sick of not being able to plan anything and feeling like everything is going wrong. I'm grateful that we've not had ours meds etc yet so at least we're not under the pressure of worrying about their timeframe yet. Anyway, wasn't actually planning to grumble so sorry! Please let us know about your assessment and where things sit with you guys????

Lu x x x
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trussie
Hi Janna

How did the practical go? What date did Nick do it? Don't suppose you've heard?
Application life for us is still the same - no news. We've just heard from our agent who said they have now been notified that they are not even looking at applications until approx 8 months after submission at the moment due to such a high demand. Feelin a bit down at the minute, the house has been up for sale for 8 weeks (just before the economy crashed) and we have had NO interest, plus its obviously now worth about £25,000 less. Also really worried about the decrease in Immigration Visas for next years quota with the economic situation as it is. The oz have already stated the numbers will be decreased, as expected.
Sorry to go on - needed to get it off my chest!!! So sick of not being able to plan anything and feeling like everything is going wrong. I'm grateful that we've not had ours meds etc yet so at least we're not under the pressure of worrying about their timeframe yet. Anyway, wasn't actually planning to grumble so sorry! Please let us know about your assessment and where things sit with you guys????

Lu x x x
Hi Lu,

We decided to wait until February to do our practical. We didn't have the time or money sadly to go to Blackburn for the October set so thought it best not to rush this.

Things have gone off the boil a bit as we can't actually plan anything without getting through this bit first so at the moment we're just sitting around waiting for February.

We're glad in a way because it gives the economy a chance to right itself before we make the move. Although I would give anything to move now!

I suppose there is an element of fate in this, if it's meant to be and all of that. I am sure you will get a visa it just may take a bit longer than you originally planned. I suppose we'll be in that position when we finally get round to putting our visa in too. On the plus side it will give the housing market a chance to bounce back and for the "recession" to end. You'll be financially better off then.

I hope you get there soon. Try to put it at the back of your mind and carry on with life as normal. I would have gone crazy if I hadn't done that. The excitement and waiting and being so close yet so far!

Keep me posted on how you get on and we'll do the same!

Janna

xxx