Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future
Default Re: ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

Originally Posted by Eammon
Hi Cheryl

Congratulations on getting your date through . What date is your practical on? I'm sure we'll speak again before then but good luck with it.

I will let you know as soon as we hear

Denise x

Hi Denise

thanx,
our date is on the 17th July. OH bricking it now.

dont forget to let us know when you hear

cheryl
Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

I bet it all seems really real now you've actually got your date through .

He'll be fine, everyone is going to be feeling as nervous as each other I'm sure.

I'll be checking my e-mails and willing the postman to come every five minutes now until we hear - I'm not very good at this waiting game

Denise x
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

I bet it all seems really real now you've actually got your date through .

He'll be fine, everyone is going to be feeling as nervous as each other I'm sure.

I'll be checking my e-mails and willing the postman to come every five minutes now until we hear - I'm not very good at this waiting game

Denise x
ours came through post, so dont jump on the post man

as we cant go till Oct 09 think we seem a bit more laid back cos no rush (think we will fit in well in OZ)

just hope he passed cos he will be stressing coming up to the day.

cheryl
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Ben&Steph2009 is a jewel in the roughBen&Steph2009 is a jewel in the roughBen&Steph2009 is a jewel in the roughBen&Steph2009 is a jewel in the rough

hi guys

our agent is based in OZ
we got an email through from him
nothing through post - but then to date we never have, its all gone through the agent

also, we are quite relaxed about the whole process because we are not going until late june 2009 - all going to plan....! although still doesn't stop the pressure on the lads!!!

speak soon
stephanie
x
Old Jun 12th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi Denise

we got our date through post 2 days ago for acctington. think you paid just before us so you shouldnt be long.

our surname starts with B so they may be going in that order.

we got letter through post, agent not been in touch and hes in Oz

let us know if you hear anything

cheryl xx
good luck everyone for the test no how your all feeling and it will all work out fine
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Caroline

I remember when you were waiting for your test date and then the results.... you must be so relieved this bit is over now . How's your visa application going?

Denise
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Caroline

I remember when you were waiting for your test date and then the results.... you must be so relieved this bit is over now . How's your visa application going?

Denise
Hi Everyone
Just got confirmation of Carpentry Practical on 14th July at College of North West London in Neasden.
Anyone else got that date at all??
Seems strange that all this time the Vetassess website tells you that the Carpentry Practical will be in Accrington but now all of a sudden its in London.
I'm not too bothered as closer to sunny south coast but its a major headache getting all your tools etc to London on the train/tube.
Anyway, good luck to everyone trying to get on July assessments & if anyone is on the same date as me let me know!!
Cheers
Stuart
Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Stuart

As far as I'm aware they're running the carpentry practical at both London and Accrington.

We had to let our agent know our first choice preference although she explained there would be no guarantee of getting our first choice as the places are allocated on a first come first served basis.

We opted for Accrington as our first choice because wasn't sure whereabouts in London it would be held. Still waiting to hear for our date - hope it's soon.

Good luck with the practical

Denise
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Hi Caroline

Denise
hi denise

yes, i was soooooo stressed over bloody vetassess but so glad we got it, even though it had to be done twice!
put our visa in 4 weeks ago, not done meds or pc's yet.

going to put the house up next week so thats another thing to stress about, think i'll be joining "AA" by the time we get there
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ben&Steph2009 is a jewel in the roughBen&Steph2009 is a jewel in the roughBen&Steph2009 is a jewel in the roughBen&Steph2009 is a jewel in the rough

all in all its a very stressful process isn't it! i'll be joining you at AA when we get out there ha ha!
hopefully you will be lucky with the house selling caroline!

i think we are going to keep our house and rent it out... although depends on the market when we are ready to go!

Ben is taking it at the college of north west london too - but on the 18th. I booked a hotel round the corner from the college last night just so Ben doesn't have the stress of public transport and trouble lugging the tools to the college!!!

anyway ... have a lovely weekend all
Stephanie
x
Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi guys and girls, i'm a sparky and still waiting for my date in July and i think our test is only in London. Oh joy of joys!!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Just wondering out of interest really, does this new practical test just replace the TRA process that was, I mean when you have passed the test do you still have to jump through hoops and spend thousands of $ and get the certificate required to obtain your license or does the certificate you get from the practical test allow you to rock up to the Department Of Fair Trade and apply straight away for your appropriate license, Any feedback on the process would be appreciated.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

hi all
im a plumber and my practical is in london on the 17 july.
john
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Hi John

Well done on getting your date through .

We're still waiting... Hopefully we'll hear early next week.

Denise
Old Jun 15th 2008, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

innojuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoke to my agent today and he gave me an overview of what the practical test is for brickies.

Apparently you have to build a cavity wall with a window opening, a chimney and an archway. He didn't have details of sizes etc but I expect it's just like the sort of stuff we had to do at tech.

Trouble is I haven't built an arch since then (20 years ago)!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.