Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

sophie26 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANYONE DOING PRACTICAL FOR VETTASSESS IN JULY?

applying 175, we in defacto relationship so just getting to grips with what we need to send as evidence what needs to be certified etc - any tips would be helpful!!!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

going 175 online application, heading to melbourne, been luck to be offered a place to stay for 6 months and help with all admin ect, also possible job.
john
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Anymore results anyone??? Think the last we had were people up to and including the 17th possibly the 18th had had their results.....

Anyone else since then? I am now beginning to stalk the posty.... calm for the 2 weeks and now we are 1 day over... it's not so good! I work full time so I have taken to almost jumping those I see on their bikes even if it is 2 or 3 miles away from where we live!

Please, please, please not too much longer
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

mazza28 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did my carpentry practical on the 21st got my result on Monday

PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

Congratulations and well done!!!!!!

Eammon also did his carpentry practical on 21 July - did you do yours in Accrington or London and did you hear direct from Vetassess or through an Agent?

Denise
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

mazza28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Denise,

I did mine in Accrington and I'm using an agent who is based in Oz. He e-mailed me at about 2.00am our time on monday morning.

Good Luck with your result.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mazza28
Hi Denise,

I did mine in Accrington and I'm using an agent who is based in Oz. He e-mailed me at about 2.00am our time on monday morning.

Good Luck with your result.

Thanks. Eammon did his in London and we're using an agent also, but they're based here in the UK, hopefully won't have to wait too much longer.

Congratulations to you again and good luck with the rest of your application.

Denise
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sophie26
applying 175, we in defacto relationship so just getting to grips with what we need to send as evidence what needs to be certified etc - any tips would be helpful!!!!!!!

Hi Sophie

I'm not sure what you need with regards to your Defacto relationship - I think the extras you may need may be a couple of joint household bills dating back so far but to be honest, you'd have to check that out - maybe on the http://www.immi.gov.au. Its quite useful for other stuff. Also, you'll probably find that someone else will reply on here as I've found this Forum really helpful and people have been great with advice (its also nice to know others are going through the same thing).
We had to get our data pages of our passport, our previous working holiday visa page in our passport, new passport photos, birth certificates and qualification certificates ALL certified. We also got an extra copy of each done just in case anything went missing (if you have the additional money). Having said all of that, we are using an agent and have had a lot of help along the way. They made sure all our paperwork was completed so that as soon as we passed the assessment, the Visa app went in so it was a while ago now that we did all this. I hope this helps a little!!!!

Lucy
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sophie26
Originally Posted by johnknight001
going 175 online application, heading to melbourne, been luck to be offered a place to stay for 6 months and help with all admin ect, also possible job.
john

That sounds great John - it really helps to have all that stuff sorted. We have a job offer and friends in Sydney so we'll prob head there first but we actually want to settle a bit further north, we'll see what happens!!!! We can't quite decide - I can't believe we are actually talking about where we want to go because its been a dream for so long. Lets hope the medicals go ok!

Lucy
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eammon
Congratulations and well done!!!!!!

Eammon also did his carpentry practical on 21 July - did you do yours in Accrington or London and did you hear direct from Vetassess or through an Agent?

Denise

Hi Denise

I just want to say that I have been reading your comments for a while now and I can't believe that you guys still haven't heard! It must be horrendous and I know that we were going mad after 2 weeks of not hearing but any day now you'll have the news that you've been wanting to hear!!! I'm sure you will but let us know when you do.

My hubbie did his Bricklaying in London on 14th July and we heard on Monday 28th July - we're using an Agent and she let us know as soon as they received the post. Because we hadn't heard in 10 days, prior to hearing, Alan called Vetassess in Australia but they wouldn't tell him anything because we're using an agent. However, someone we've been talking to on here called up and told them he was going away and wanted to know the results before going instead of it ruining his holiday (he's also using an agent) but although they didn't confirm anything - they did give an indication of what to expect. Maybe phoning and telling a little white lie might help???

Keep us updated and good luck!!

Lucy

Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Anymore results anyone??? Think the last we had were people up to and including the 17th possibly the 18th had had their results.....

Anyone else since then? I am now beginning to stalk the posty.... calm for the 2 weeks and now we are 1 day over... it's not so good! I work full time so I have taken to almost jumping those I see on their bikes even if it is 2 or 3 miles away from where we live!

Hi

Hope you hear really soon. I've left a reply for Denise below and if your going mad- you might want to try the phone call too, at least they'll tell you if the results have been posted or not and if so, when!

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!!

Lucy
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Trussie
That sounds great John - it really helps to have all that stuff sorted. We have a job offer and friends in Sydney so we'll prob head there first but we actually want to settle a bit further north, we'll see what happens!!!! We can't quite decide - I can't believe we are actually talking about where we want to go because its been a dream for so long. Lets hope the medicals go ok!

Lucy
were the same, not sure where exactly we will end up, but it is good to have a start point.
john
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:07 am
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick

I passed!

Hi everyone, i came back from work monday and found the letter i had wanted to see for ages sticking out of the back of the letter box.
I am so relieved!!

Anyone know where i go from here??? Congrats to everyone else and also good luck to those who havn't got there results yet.

Lee
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LeeLee

I passed!

Hi everyone, i came back from work monday and found the letter i had wanted to see for ages sticking out of the back of the letter box.
I am so relieved!!

Anyone know where i go from here??? Congrats to everyone else and also good luck to those who havn't got there results yet.

Lee
congratulations, a good feeling isnt it

good luck to everyone else

denise.............. let us know as soon as you hear keep thinking of you

cheryl
Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trussie
Hi

Hope you hear really soon. I've left a reply for Denise below and if your going mad- you might want to try the phone call too, at least they'll tell you if the results have been posted or not and if so, when!

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!!

Lucy
Hi Lucy,

I just phoned and they answered even though it's technically passed their leaving time (17:00) and someone answered. She said that the results were posted on the 31st July so I take it they will be here soon. She didn't hint at anything.... so now I am a little worried..... but hey what will be will be.

Congratulations to Lee! Relief I bet! Now you can get on with applying for your visa.

Will post once we know the result.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.