British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Is anyone being held up by labour agreement dispute on a 457? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-being-held-up-labour-agreement-dispute-457-a-513484/)

Scuba Steve Feb 11th 2008 10:01 am

Is anyone being held up by labour agreement dispute on a 457?

Feel like I'm the only one in this boat and my agent simply doesn't have any info to give. Apparently a labour hire firm completed the agreement last week but is so far the only one.

MarvOzNZ Oct 2nd 2008 3:31 pm

Re: Is anyone being held up by labour agreement dispute on a 457?

YES!!!

I was in Sydney, all ready to go.
I work in TV Production, so its always going to be hard to get things sorted visa wise as it's not a recognised industry there (It's an area of future growth in NZ, so I get 35 points for just having 5 years experience!)

Anyway, started the application, got approved by Pendragon on an on-hire industry 457 visa, then the new labour agreement thing was brought in and Pendragon have to now apply for the LA and cannot lodge any applications until it has been approved.
12 months later and I am back in the UK, cold and unhappy and there is nothing I can do now but wait for it to be sorted and then apply again.

Grrrrrrr:thumbdown:

Scuba Steve Oct 2nd 2008 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by MarvOzNZ (Post 6839184)
YES!!!

I was in Sydney, all ready to go.
I work in TV Production, so its always going to be hard to get things sorted visa wise as it's not a recognised industry there (It's an area of future growth in NZ, so I get 35 points for just having 5 years experience!)

Anyway, started the application, got approved by Pendragon on an on-hire industry 457 visa, then the new labour agreement thing was brought in and Pendragon have to now apply for the LA and cannot lodge any applications until it has been approved.
12 months later and I am back in the UK, cold and unhappy and there is nothing I can do now but wait for it to be sorted and then apply again.

Grrrrrrr:thumbdown:

Wasn't expecting a reply to this thread after so long! I've been avoiding the forum because this thing's dragged on and have had virually no contact from the agency dealing with me, although I know there's little they can do about speeding things up.

MarvOzNZ Oct 2nd 2008 3:49 pm

I do know of one company who have been approved for their Labour Agreement.
It works in the area of ITC (Information and communications technology - or technologies is an umbrella term that includes any communication device or application, encompassing: radio, television, cellular phones, computer and network hardware and software, satellite systems and so on, as well as the various services and applications associated with them)

I was hoping that they would help me with my 457, but TV production apparently is not covered by their agreement.

Send me a PM if you want their details....