Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

shafanm
they have sent my CV to check employability in NT
it has been 8 weeks since i lodged
what are my chances?????
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by flair002
shafanm
they have sent my CV to check employability in NT
it has been 8 weeks since i lodged
what are my chances?????

What's your occupation ?
NT seems to be selective of whom they take, and I've heard quite a few rejections of applications, I assume they want to be sure your skills are employable soon as you land,
Also do you have any friends or relative living in NT, if you do it will have a substantial positive impact on your application.

Since they have taken 8 weeks on your application and not rejected is a indication that you have a better chance of success ,
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

Any replies lately ?????
i wrote two emails; one on 1st june and another on 7th june
no replies......
my 10th week now
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:49 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Any replies lately ?????
no replies......
my 10th week now
Maybe if u leave them in peace they'll get through peoples applications much faster?! Just a thought...
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by oldandbold
Ok- I am going to stick up for Darwin!
I arrived in oz in october and Darwin in December. Family joined me beginning of Feb.

We really like it here, having come from a small town in Leicestershire.Friendly locals so far, wife likes it, son slowly settling in. Pretty city (if you can call it a city),hard pushed to find a traffic jam and a great pace to life-locals very laid back.

Not everybody wants to live in a huge city and granted I wouldnt want to be living in one of the small regional communities but Darwin does have a lot to offer.On the negative side it is an isolated city and some will have a problem with that.Also housing is expensive due to a shortage and you can investigate that on realestate.com.au .Some say food is pricey but we shop fairly carefully and to be honest eat far better and cheaper than we did in the uk-I have had more steak in the last three months than in the last three years (not very good for me I know!). The NT as a whole also has some interesting indigineous issues.

I do wonder how many running down Darwin have actually been here - dont believe everything you read. Do your own research - read the local paper on line, if you can make a visit then do so. We actually took a leap into the unknown with no previous visit, but were willing to take a chance to do something different, I had a job set up before arrival and age was going to be counting against me and didnt want to get to retirement thinking "what if"?

Weather is warm to hot all year round (currently 33 and sunny), and not everyone will appreciate the humidity in the wet season but thats why I have air con and pool.

As far as jobs go in the last month or so I have noticed a lot more appearing in the local paper, unemployment in march was 3.9% against Australian average of 5.2% and employment is increasing.The inpex gas project will further increase employment.In some areas they are screaming out for certain jobs, Health jobs particulaly.Naturally there are fewer jobs advertised as its a small place,that might be to your advantage, but Darwin does seem to be increasing in size and making a real effort to grow.

As far as state sponsorship goes I believe the entire Northern Territory including Darwin city counts as a designated area. And if after 2 years you dont like it you can always look elsewhere.

I firmly believe having the right attitude will go a long way.We will have some problem times, but decided before we came we would give it at least 2 years through thick or thin. We do have to pull ourselves up at times with regards to "in the uk they didnt, wouldnt etc" or "back home" and remind ourselves that we are "territorians" now.For some they will thrive here and others will hate the place - any regrets??? - I would do the same tommorow.

Hopefully an unbiased post-oldandbold.
Hey OldnBold... you'be come a long way.... good on you !!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

pragot is an unknown quantity at this point

Any replies lately ?????
no replies......
my 10th week now
Have passed the 10th week mark and l have not heard anything. Now l am confused.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

hey pragot
read my pm
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Is there anyone in the forum who has got NT SS since March 2009.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Default NOTHERN TERRITORY STATE SPONSORSHIP

I am yet to come across on this forum anyone getting a SS for Nothern Territory during the last 3 months, This makes me wonder whether NT has stop issuing SS altogether for this financial year.

Maybe someone could shed some light in this matter

thanks
cheers
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: NOTHERN TERRITORY STATE SPONSORSHIP

In same situation as yours... didnt get a reply on my last mail that i sent them on saturday
wondering whats happening there????????
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

In same situation as yours... didnt get a reply on my last mail that i sent them on saturday
there is another thread on this forum
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rn#post7648350

I was one of the NT - (Failure) SS applicant. Even in the above thread nothing turned out positive
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I get the feeling NT is not proactive as WA, VIC or QLD in SS, perhaps that is why there demand such high proof of funds availability.

When did you apply for NT SS ??
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

Friends of mine received sponsorship from NT late last year, and they've been living in Darwin for about 2 months now. I've heard from them that Darwin is very expensive to live in, the same kind of house that would cost me $250-$350 a week in Canberra, (which is where I hope to end up), will cost you about $600 in Darwin.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pietie
Friends of mine received sponsorship from NT late last year, and they've been living in Darwin for about 2 months now. I've heard from them that Darwin is very expensive to live in, the same kind of house that would cost me $250-$350 a week in Canberra, (which is where I hope to end up), will cost you about $600 in Darwin.
In fact overall cost of living is much higher in NT, Despite all this downside why are they so fussy to issue SS,

But I love this live in NT despite the all the negativity, I guess the isolation and close proximity to Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia sounds interesting,
Old Jun 16th 2009, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shafanm
I get the feeling NT is not proactive as WA, VIC or QLD in SS, perhaps that is why there demand such high proof of funds availability.

When did you apply for NT SS ??
Originally Posted by Pietie
You need to bear in mind the population of Darwin is only about 120,000 , which is about 3% of Sydneys so there not exactly going to need hundreds of applicants are they ? Also NT has currently got the lowest state unemployment in the country, another reason that large numbers of SS visa's aren't issued.
That might all change next year if the proposed LNG terminal in Darwin goes ahead.
They do seem to have a high proportion of 457 workers here from Indonesia, Phillipines etc.
I think it's somewhat missleading to quote that a similair property in Canberra can be rented for about half the Darwin price. Quick look on any of the real estate websites would suggest that you won't find much decent houses in either city for under $350.
Petrols about 12c a litre more expensive on average, foods expensive most everywhere now.

Something which has been mentioned in the Northern Territory newspaper twice last week and is causing concerns with NT government, and which I've not seen mentioned on here is that DIAC have been told/pressurised into being very, very selective when it comes to re-issuing 457 visas to those that have/are about to expire. They suggest that is now un-official federal gov policy.
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/200...-business.html

Last edited by upyerfud; Jun 16th 2009 at 2:34 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.