British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-applying-northern-australia-sponsorship-598704/)

Jen1977ni May 12th 2009 9:06 pm

Re: Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Does anyone know the contact telephone number for the NT state sponsorship team, if calling from outside australia?

pragot May 13th 2009 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7565969)
Does anyone know the contact telephone number for the NT state sponsorship team, if calling from outside australia?

I suggest you log on to migration.nt.gov.au

I think you will get most of the information you want on specific requirements and contact details. You can then take it up from there.

Is there anyone who applied to to the Northern Territory and is still waiting, was granted or was denied sponsorhip?

Jen1977ni May 13th 2009 8:19 am

Originally Posted by pragot (Post 7567188)
I suggest you log on to migration.nt.gov.au

I think you will get most of the information you want on specific requirements and contact details. You can then take it up from there.

Is there anyone who applied to to the Northern Territory and is still waiting, was granted or was denied sponsorhip?

Thanks, sorted, spoke to a lovely lady this morning!

helloshivahere May 13th 2009 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 7567197)
Thanks, sorted, spoke to a lovely lady this morning!

Any time line they specified? I am 29.04.2009 NT Applicant

Jen1977ni May 13th 2009 8:59 am

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7567273)
Any time line they specified? I am 29.04.2009 NT Applicant

I wasnt discussing anything along those lines with her, sorry

flair002 May 13th 2009 9:32 am

I applied in the first week of april and was advised on 30th of april that my case will be looked at in mid of may... so i guess they will stick to the 8 week thing..

helloshivahere May 13th 2009 10:42 am

Originally Posted by flair002 (Post 7567351)
I applied in the first week of april and was advised on 30th of april that my case will be looked at in mid of may... so i guess they will stick to the 8 week thing..

Thanks - for NT also 8 weeks

shafanm May 13th 2009 4:34 pm

I've noticed quite lot of interest in NT for SS, :thumbup: But yet I did'nt come across any one securing SS in NT, :fingerscrossed: Please let us know all those who have been successful along with you time line.

shafanm May 16th 2009 3:58 am

Anyone received SS for Nothern Territories,

flair002 May 16th 2009 9:01 am

no one on this forum at least

helloshivahere May 16th 2009 9:07 am

Originally Posted by flair002 (Post 7576729)
no one on this forum at least

I got refused you know the grounds

You do not have a verifiable employment offer in the Northern Territory in a skilled occupation related to your occupation.

You have failed to demonstrate evidence that you are actively seeking employment within the Northern Territory in a skilled occupation related to your occupation.

Insufficient evidence of family/friend relationships within the Northern
Territory.

Failure to provide evidence or knowledge in relation to registration and/or licensing for this occupation

helloshivahere May 16th 2009 9:07 am

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7576738)

You do not have a verifiable employment offer in the Northern Territory in a skilled occupation related to your occupation.

You have failed to demonstrate evidence that you are actively seeking employment within the Northern Territory in a skilled occupation related to your occupation.

Territory.

Failure to provide evidence or knowledge in relation to registration and/or licensing for this occupation

Hope NT ss is big tough I seen no one have here

pragot May 16th 2009 10:57 am

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7576738)

Territory.

Sorry about that. Can you please tell us when you applied and when you were informed about the result. I am now in the 8th week from the date l applied and l havent heard anything.

So if my application is turned down, is it possible to work on my short-comings and then re-apply?

helloshivahere May 16th 2009 11:02 am

Originally Posted by pragot (Post 7576950)
Sorry about that. Can you please tell us when you applied and when you were informed about the result. I am now in the 8th week from the date l applied and l havent heard anything.

So if my application is turned down, is it possible to work on my short-comings and then re-apply?

Applied 20.04.2009 and refused 15.05.09 Not more than 4-6 weeks they allot CO for your SS application immediately. Did u got any mail from them?

Jen1977ni May 16th 2009 11:09 am

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7576962)
Applied 20.04.2009 and refused 15.05.09 Not more than 4-6 weeks they allot CO for your SS application immediately. Did u got any mail from them?

What grounds did they refuse u on?!