Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

80% of the NT population are are Darwin. So make sure you dont apply for Regional Sponsorship, unless you want to be away from civilization
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
80% of the NT population are are Darwin. So make sure you dont apply for Regional Sponsorship, unless you want to be away from civilization
lol k

Do you have any links to NT?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

my heart is under the sky of melbourne, nothing at Darwin.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:46 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
my heart is under the sky of melbourne, nothing at Darwin.
Same here...
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

thought about WA. Seem like a better place to be and job opportunities and future seems much better, above all it has more people.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:16 am
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

I know we are all dead keen to get to Australia ASAP, but resorting to applying for NT State Sponsorship is really going overboard in my opinion... do you really want to live in a state that has very little to offer and a capital city that has only 140000 people in it?

I would implore you to seriously consider state sponsorships carefully if you decide to choose this route... you may really hate the state you've decided on and would end up more unhappy than you are now.

Personally I thought Perth was the place for me, I went to visit Aus 1st and having visited Perth decided there was absolutely no way I could live there, it just wasn't for me.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desperation is pushing people to even consider NT,
Opportunities are very low these days in NT, specially for IT profession, but then agin some have other reasons to get NT SS, one can't blame them
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

oldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really nice

Ok- I am going to stick up for Darwin!
I arrived in oz in october and Darwin in December. Family joined me beginning of Feb.

We really like it here, having come from a small town in Leicestershire.Friendly locals so far, wife likes it, son slowly settling in. Pretty city (if you can call it a city),hard pushed to find a traffic jam and a great pace to life-locals very laid back.

Not everybody wants to live in a huge city and granted I wouldnt want to be living in one of the small regional communities but Darwin does have a lot to offer.On the negative side it is an isolated city and some will have a problem with that.Also housing is expensive due to a shortage and you can investigate that on realestate.com.au .Some say food is pricey but we shop fairly carefully and to be honest eat far better and cheaper than we did in the uk-I have had more steak in the last three months than in the last three years (not very good for me I know!). The NT as a whole also has some interesting indigineous issues.

I do wonder how many running down Darwin have actually been here - dont believe everything you read. Do your own research - read the local paper on line, if you can make a visit then do so. We actually took a leap into the unknown with no previous visit, but were willing to take a chance to do something different, I had a job set up before arrival and age was going to be counting against me and didnt want to get to retirement thinking "what if"?

Weather is warm to hot all year round (currently 33 and sunny), and not everyone will appreciate the humidity in the wet season but thats why I have air con and pool.

As far as jobs go in the last month or so I have noticed a lot more appearing in the local paper, unemployment in march was 3.9% against Australian average of 5.2% and employment is increasing.The inpex gas project will further increase employment.In some areas they are screaming out for certain jobs, Health jobs particulaly.Naturally there are fewer jobs advertised as its a small place,that might be to your advantage, but Darwin does seem to be increasing in size and making a real effort to grow.

As far as state sponsorship goes I believe the entire Northern Territory including Darwin city counts as a designated area. And if after 2 years you dont like it you can always look elsewhere.

I firmly believe having the right attitude will go a long way.We will have some problem times, but decided before we came we would give it at least 2 years through thick or thin. We do have to pull ourselves up at times with regards to "in the uk they didnt, wouldnt etc" or "back home" and remind ourselves that we are "territorians" now.For some they will thrive here and others will hate the place - any regrets??? - I would do the same tommorow.

Hopefully an unbiased post-oldandbold.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Dear Oldandbold.
Your sure are bold, and This is a very good pice of info on NT I came across since coming to BE.
thanking you very much and would appreciate if you could give us more info on NT.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:09 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by oldandbold
Ok- I am going to stick up for Darwin!
I arrived in oz in october and Darwin in December. Family joined me beginning of Feb.

We really like it here, having come from a small town in Leicestershire.Friendly locals so far, wife likes it, son slowly settling in. Pretty city (if you can call it a city),hard pushed to find a traffic jam and a great pace to life-locals very laid back.

Not everybody wants to live in a huge city and granted I wouldnt want to be living in one of the small regional communities but Darwin does have a lot to offer.On the negative side it is an isolated city and some will have a problem with that.Also housing is expensive due to a shortage and you can investigate that on realestate.com.au .Some say food is pricey but we shop fairly carefully and to be honest eat far better and cheaper than we did in the uk-I have had more steak in the last three months than in the last three years (not very good for me I know!). The NT as a whole also has some interesting indigineous issues.

I do wonder how many running down Darwin have actually been here - dont believe everything you read. Do your own research - read the local paper on line, if you can make a visit then do so. We actually took a leap into the unknown with no previous visit, but were willing to take a chance to do something different, I had a job set up before arrival and age was going to be counting against me and didnt want to get to retirement thinking "what if"?

Weather is warm to hot all year round (currently 33 and sunny), and not everyone will appreciate the humidity in the wet season but thats why I have air con and pool.

As far as jobs go in the last month or so I have noticed a lot more appearing in the local paper, unemployment in march was 3.9% against Australian average of 5.2% and employment is increasing.The inpex gas project will further increase employment.In some areas they are screaming out for certain jobs, Health jobs particulaly.Naturally there are fewer jobs advertised as its a small place,that might be to your advantage, but Darwin does seem to be increasing in size and making a real effort to grow.

As far as state sponsorship goes I believe the entire Northern Territory including Darwin city counts as a designated area. And if after 2 years you dont like it you can always look elsewhere.

I firmly believe having the right attitude will go a long way.We will have some problem times, but decided before we came we would give it at least 2 years through thick or thin. We do have to pull ourselves up at times with regards to "in the uk they didnt, wouldnt etc" or "back home" and remind ourselves that we are "territorians" now.For some they will thrive here and others will hate the place - any regrets??? - I would do the same tommorow.

Hopefully an unbiased post-oldandbold.
A very informative post, thanks very much indeed
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Anyone apply NT 475 visa, especially IT professional?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

IT but 176 not 475
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by flair002
IT but 176 not 475
Any experience can share with us? Thank you!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

IT job opporunities in NT is'nt great as NSW or Melbourne
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

exactly and u shud be ready to work for something less technical as wellll
for example i ll b counting more on my less technical certification to cash at Darwin ( like CCNA if u are aware of network side ) then CISSP because the market is not that good and mature

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.