British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-applying-northern-australia-sponsorship-598704/)

shafanm May 25th 2010 7:53 am

Re: Anyone applying for Northern australia sponsorship

Originally Posted by sherry9oct (Post 8587785)
shafanm thankyou for your quick response.
Is it easy or difficult to get this letter like 1 in 10 or 1 in 10000. Do u have any idea?

I've learned through this forum this release letter will not come easily, you have to convince the authorities there that you have genuinely tried to secure a job in your chosen profession and you could not get, if you could convince them there are no job opportunity for you and this must be done by showing evidence then you have a good chance of a release letter,
but for accountants there are ample job opportunities, in NT

sherry9oct May 26th 2010 12:10 pm

Do u have any idea of SAP's demand in NT

Discovery May 27th 2010 6:34 am

Originally Posted by jimmie2807 (Post 8587517)
Housing for a basic 2 bed unit is currently around $500 as stated above. You can get an absolute dump for about $400 so I will work on that.
Rent for 2 years at $400 plus 4 weeks bond $43,200
!

I own a 2 bed unit in a secure complex with electronic gate etc in Darwin and I am happy for the tenant to pay $275 a week. I know that other units in the complex are going for $425 to $450 a week but I really can't see how the owners can justify charging so much.

toti Jun 22nd 2010 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by shafanm (Post 7497350)
Get a details financial statement done, which should include
cash/savings
Net value of property/Properties
Net value of motor vehicle
Market value of shares/bonds/
also if your parter or parents proving any financial support you could put that as well
This must be prepared by a CA, I am not sure whether affidavit from a solicitor would do the trick.

I'm planing to apply for NT sponsorship 176 . we are a family ( me , wife , daughter 1 year )
please ... i asked today one of famous CA , i have my bank statement ( but only 20$ in cash) and others are properties contracts
the CA asked me ,"" what do you want exactly ,, i can verify accurate of your document , but what is the form you need ? ""
could you please send me a form to give to him ???

please need your help

vilnius Jun 23rd 2010 6:54 am

I send a simple bank statement about currently available assets,that was it (~100K). Although we have couple cars and a house, but I didn't sent anything about them, I thought that a bank statement would be suficient evidence.If they will re more financial capacity, then I will hire an independent assessor that will calculate market value for the goods and then just it needs to be translated and sertified. That's it. I think that is simple.

More complex issue by applying for NT SS is about ocupation licensing and contacts available(friends etc.). Unfortunately, I do not know, whether an accountants must be licensed. I searched throughout the web but did not fiind anything about that issue. My agent also do not bothered to inform me about that. So I lodged my application with "no" answers to these questions:No contacts, no licensing. If I get a refusal, I will kick my agent off .:thumbdown:

If I would knew that the contacts a mandatory, I would have made some friends throughout the net, who can answer the call from CO and would say "yes,I will help her to settle in Darwin". For example, I see here we have a nice guy Discovery, maybe he can be my friend for that purpose:thumbsup: Of course, It would be really nice to have the real help from such people who live there when someone arives in Darwin,at least for the first couple days...:unsure: Discovery, What do you think about that?:)

Recently I send a message to my CO, but no any answer yet for about three weeks. Maybe it is all about the suspension af applications untill 1st June.

Waiting....But as I read this forum my hopes are diminishing every day...:(

toti Jun 23rd 2010 7:33 am

Originally Posted by vilnius (Post 8650639)
I send a simple bank statement about currently available assets,that was it (~100K). Although we have couple cars and a house, but I didn't sent anything about them, I thought that a bank statement would be suficient evidence.If they will re more financial capacity, then I will hire an independent assessor that will calculate market value for the goods and then just it needs to be translated and sertified. That's it. I think that is simple.

More complex issue by applying for NT SS is about ocupation licensing and contacts available(friends etc.). Unfortunately, I do not know, whether an accountants must be licensed. I searched throughout the web but did not fiind anything about that issue. My agent also do not bothered to inform me about that. So I lodged my application with "no" answers to these questions:No contacts, no licensing. If I get a refusal, I will kick my agent off .:thumbdown:

If I would knew that the contacts a mandatory, I would have made some friends throughout the net, who can answer the call from CO and would say "yes,I will help her to settle in Darwin". For example, I see here we have a nice guy Discovery, maybe he can be my friend for that purpose:thumbsup: Of course, It would be really nice to have the real help from such people who live there when someone arives in Darwin,at least for the first couple days...:unsure: Discovery, What do you think about that?:)

Recently I send a message to my CO, but no any answer yet for about three weeks. Maybe it is all about the suspension af applications untill 1st June.

Waiting....But as I read this forum my hopes are diminishing every day...:(

if u send them a bank statment with 100k AU$ , thats will be more than suffecint ( in case of u have a family of 2 kids + wife + you )
but what im asking is .. what if i have more fixed assets than liquied cash ??
some guys here in the fourm adviced that to go to CA and make financial statment of all what i own .. then submitted to NT for the SS

i dont know what kind of forms they submit it ,, and if they have a copy of the form ,they should send it to me to make all my assets in the same format and apply also

second thing , do you apply for accountnat ? then what is your IELTS score ?

ryanpatt Jun 23rd 2010 12:10 pm

hello all,

I'm a newly registered nurse from Scotland and have looked at all the states. I would like to apply for NT (Darwin) As my registration is new and I have no actual work experience I am finding it hard to get a visa that would allow me and my partner to move and work in Australia.

If someone could give me advice on where to apply or any hints and tips that would be fantastic :)

All the best hopefully hear from someone soon.

P.s good luck to anyone waiting replys

Dorothy Jun 23rd 2010 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ryanpatt (Post 8651288)
hello all,

I'm a newly registered nurse from Scotland and have looked at all the states. I would like to apply for NT (Darwin) As my registration is new and I have no actual work experience I am finding it hard to get a visa that would allow me and my partner to move and work in Australia.

If someone could give me advice on where to apply or any hints and tips that would be fantastic :)

All the best hopefully hear from someone soon.

P.s good luck to anyone waiting replys

State sponsorship is not going to help if you don't meet the criteria for a visa. www.immi.gov.au is the place to start.

toti Jun 23rd 2010 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8651335)
State sponsorship is not going to help if you don't meet the criteria for a visa. www.immi.gov.au is the place to start.

hi dprothy

could you please advice me also of the post i have sent earlier about the financial capacity for NT

Dorothy Jun 23rd 2010 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by toti (Post 8651356)
hi dprothy

could you please advice me also of the post i have sent earlier about the financial capacity for NT

No. I'm not an agent, so I have no idea about financial capacity for state sponsorship. I thought you had an agent?

vilnius Jun 25th 2010 10:58 am

Toti,when I filed the application form, there was a question "how much funds you will bring into Australia". Just type the number here and that's it.
If you have more assests in real estate, that's ok. Just find an assessor, state a liquidation value(market value) for your house/cars, get this all translated and this will be sufficient as evidence. There is no specific forms to fill in about financial capacity. Simple bank statement with stamp also will be ok for cash. Get all that you have, sum it and write the amount in the application.

I applied as an Accountant, my IELTS is Overal 7 (7,5-6,5-6,5-6,5). My application was very good(according to agent), but I have a bad feeling. Anyway,there is not so much left-only a month or so,and I must get an answer.Then I will decide,what to do.
NT gives only more than a 100 SS aprovals per year, so applying to NT is some kind of a lotery here.
But in overal, if you want to go to Australia-NT and QLD are the best choises.
If you have any more questions, I will answer, but these are only from my experience. Unfortunately, QLD require IELTS7777, and as a non-English that is very dificult to achieve.I tried twice, but results are not very much better.

vilnius Jun 25th 2010 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ryanpatt (Post 8651288)

Firs of all, get your skills assessed. Second,sit IELTS. When these two are done, come back here and hopefully you will then get more information about applying to NT.
NT is the state, where to to get SS is mostly the hardest from all of the states due to very low volume of aprovals. You must be really good in order to apply for NT SS. Good luck!