British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   anybody who received visa grant after 'internal checks' ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anybody-who-received-visa-grant-after-internal-checks-304755/)

NKKK May 23rd 2005 6:55 pm

anybody who received visa grant after 'internal checks' ?

I sent my meds in mid February and it has been 3 months.. My CO said that they are waiting on the outcome of their 'checks'.. I am not sure if it is 'internal checks' which was discussed on another thread before..

If you have gone thorough 'internal checks' and finally received the visa, can you please write down your timeline or just write how long you waited after internal checks...

if you havent received the visa yet but still going thoroguh internal checks please write when you sent the Meds and PCC...

Regards...

alkristensen May 24th 2005 12:27 am

Re: anybody who received visa grant after 'internal checks' ?

hi, we were put into cat b(investigate more) for the meds, as i have had a heart op and 2 brain ops 3 yrs ago, and ther missus had a tiny bladder inf which had cleared up after a day of tablets. i went armed with a 20 page documewnt from heart and brain surgeon from last years annual checkup(july) and went for meds in dec, and was told that the missus may need an ultrasound scan at the cost of a further 400 quid and that all the info i had collected may be out of date. I had to provide more and more information to the case officer relating to my tax payments(self employed ) and i have been done quite a few times for driving offences and had a chequered past, which was generally due to ill information or just adolescance on my part, none of this was mentioned and we got the visa 3 weeks ish ago.

AND IF I CAN GET IN, THEN DONT WORRY, AT ALL!!!!!

Just try and do something else an forget about it11€
We were on holiday at the time with food poisoning and turned on the laptop and BINGO we got it!!! totally out of the blue. Make yourself do something else. the last bit is the most painful.
Good luck ive sent you some karma.x

HPOP May 24th 2005 5:26 am

Originally Posted by NKKK
I sent my meds in mid February and it has been 3 months.. My CO said that they are waiting on the outcome of their 'checks'.. I am not sure if it is 'internal checks' which was discussed on another thread before..

If you have gone thorough 'internal checks' and finally received the visa, can you please write down your timeline or just write how long you waited after internal checks...

if you havent received the visa yet but still going thoroguh internal checks please write when you sent the Meds and PCC...

Regards...

Hi NKKK,
I sent my meds and pcc in late Feb and now waiting for grant. I think I was subject of the DIMIA's internal checks because they verified my employer references one week ago (they phone called my employer). I don't know if first they do internal checks and then verify the medicals or the other way around. But I expect the final decision this month or latest next month.
Best luck.

eagle1235 May 24th 2005 6:44 am

Originally Posted by HPOP
Hi NKKK,
I sent my meds and pcc in late Feb and now waiting for grant. I think I was subject of the DIMIA's internal checks because they verified my employer references one week ago (they phone called my employer). I don't know if first they do internal checks and then verify the medicals or the other way around. But I expect the final decision this month or latest next month.
Best luck.

Hi NKKK

I sent my medicals on 06-12-2004. My CO said on 07-03-2005 that my "application is waiting on internal processes being finalized" but since then no progress. So it has been almost 6 months after mediclas.I am also from region 2.

Best regards.
eagle

SuperSeagulls May 24th 2005 7:02 am

I guess it is their generic description for checking your paperwork, whether it be Meds, References, proof of living together for 12+ months (if applying de facto) etc etc

SS