Wikiposts

Any suggestions??

Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:06 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Any suggestions??

Hi everyone,

I know this is a long shot but I thought someone out there may have some bright ideas!
I've just retuned from five weeks in Oz visiting my boyfriend. He has a british and Australian passport, but due to work commitments can't come to the UK till after christmas. I really want to spend the next six months there with him, I could go over on a visitor visa, I probably have enough funds to do that. I've already used up my WHV, so is there any way at all I can get some kind of permit to work temporarily??
Anyone with any experience of this?? We've spent the last year and a half travelling back and forth and we're sick of being apart!!

Any help would be great
Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any suggestions??

Originally posted by BKate
Hi everyone,

I know this is a long shot but I thought someone out there may have some bright ideas!
I've just retuned from five weeks in Oz visiting my boyfriend. He has a british and Australian passport, but due to work commitments can't come to the UK till after christmas. I really want to spend the next six months there with him, I could go over on a visitor visa, I probably have enough funds to do that. I've already used up my WHV, so is there any way at all I can get some kind of permit to work temporarily??
Anyone with any experience of this?? We've spent the last year and a half travelling back and forth and we're sick of being apart!!

Any help would be great
Hiya BKate,
Aren't you heading down the Prospective Spouse route (she said, racking her brains to remember!). They are being processed really quickly at present, by the look of the Got It posts - are there reasons why you can't apply for it now? I guess there must be, or you'd already be on it, but its a thought, isn't it......
Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:43 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi Pollyana,

That was the idea a while back, you're right, you gave me some good advice. We havn't lived together for longer than a 3 month period at a time and I wasn't sure it was the right thing just yet. We could do but as he wants to live here for a while next year, it wouldn't probably complicate the visa process. Thats why I'm trying to look at other options, can't stand being apart for long periods anymore!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 2:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BKate
Hi Pollyana,

That was the idea a while back, you're right, you gave me some good advice. We havn't lived together for longer than a 3 month period at a time and I wasn't sure it was the right thing just yet. We could do but as he wants to live here for a while next year, it wouldn't probably complicate the visa process. Thats why I'm trying to look at other options, can't stand being apart for long periods anymore!
If he comes over for long enough then you could look at de acto instead of Pros Spouse, one less step to take in the visa process!
Can't help with the current situation though; only thing I can think of is a visitor 6 month visa, and you get no work rights with that as far as I know.
Good luck anyway, someone may have an answer,