Any Social workers here?

Old Jun 3rd 2019, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Umi2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Social workers here?

Hi, I am going to be studying a social work degree in Australia,. After my degree is finished, I'm thinking of applying for PR. Does anyone have any tips or advice for when I'm in Australia. I'll be studying in regional Australia (Darwin). Do you know if I'll need work experience after my degree to be eligible for PR?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 11:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Social workers here?

Originally Posted by Umi2010
Hi, I am going to be studying a social work degree in Australia,. After my degree is finished, I'm thinking of applying for PR. Does anyone have any tips or advice for when I'm in Australia. I'll be studying in regional Australia (Darwin). Do you know if I'll need work experience after my degree to be eligible for PR?
Check out which body does the skills assessment for Social Workers and see what is required to pass that assessment. I think the answer is yes, but I'm not 100% sure.
Bear in mind also that requirements can change whilst you are studying, and Social Workers may not even qualify for PR by the time you can pass the assessment.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

AtherSaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Social workers here?

Originally Posted by Umi2010
Depends whether you are doing under-grad or post-grad. This will help you get the points. Currently, you need to secure 65 pts to be able to lodge EOI for PR. Again, having work experience will help you get the extra points. Social Work is in SOL at the moment.
AASW - Australian Association of Social Workers - is the accreditation body.