Any September 2006 applicants

Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:35 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any September 2006 applicants

Originally Posted by marvinc
Have you sold or is that not a good question???? (we haven't) can't believe we've had the visa 5 months today.....

Where are all the September 06's - let's keep in touch, even if to only tell us what those of us still in the UK are missing
nope, not yet wendy. had offer this morning that we've rejected, hoping that they'll come back with a higher offer. we've had our visas for 7 months now and cant quite believe that we're still here
hows your viewings going? at least you've got your reccie trip to look forward to.
the rest of the sept gang are to to busy living it up in aus to reply to us mere uk mortals

tracey
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:38 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by showdan
Hi marvinc

I'm still here! well here as in expats.

Sorry to hear you haven't sold yet, it must be so frustrating.

I've been here 7 weeks, working for 6 six of them, been offered another job (but staying with my current one), moved out of relatives into rented after 3 (long) weeks and then had our offer accepted on a house we want to buy. Kid are in school and loving it, little girl has been on a school camping trip and last weekend was the school fete which finished with a very impressive firework display.

Its been full on since arriving, but were all loving it

Best of luck with the house sale, and good luck to all those still waiting.
hey showdan, glad things are working out ok for you over there. i'm just soooooooooooooooooo jealous
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

ozzie maz is a jewel in the roughozzie maz is a jewel in the roughozzie maz is a jewel in the roughozzie maz is a jewel in the roughozzie maz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by want2bthere
hey showdan, glad things are working out ok for you over there. i'm just soooooooooooooooooo jealous
I'm still here (well on be) You'll be here soon, fingers toes and everything else are crossed for you both.
We've been here 6 weeks and all good so far, my son in school and loving it, got a rental and just checking out areas that we want to buy. Hubby's working but I'm just being a mum for a change and enjoying every minute.....hope to hear some good news from you soon x
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Where is everyone from Sept 06 - we're still here in UK as we haven't sold yet

Been on reccie which was lovely though.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

were still here too, but flights are booked one way on the 10th Feb, been a long time coming though.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Skittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of light

Our house sale fell through 10 days before the flight so we still came. We left the house on the market and it has finally completed on 8th December.

We managed by both getting work straightaway, getting a cheap rental and not splashing out on the obligatory 42" TV.

The only fly in the ointment is that the exchange rate is rubbish now, don't know what to do, do we wait and hope it goes up and just get the money across and put in a high interest account?

Karen
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Hi all, We moved to the Sunshine Coast and arrived 10th August. All going fantastic, both children in school and loving it, 15 year old has got part time job already and is loving having his own money. Husband got job in 1st week and leaves that in 1 week to start another different one. Plenty of jobs if you want one as they love the English here as they think we are good workers. I start a job in 2 weeks at my daughters school which is great as i have the same holidays and 5 weeks paid Christmas holiday. Bought a House in October as well and managed to change our money over on the day that it went up to 2.53.

So all in all bloody Fantastic.

Only down side is Wages not that great and cost of living not that low and its been p...ing it down for nearly 2 weeks now.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi To all Septemberites

We are/were September applicants who got their 136 visa at the end of February. We have been living in Brisbane since August. We have bought our own house in one of the Western suburbs called Brookfield. Both daughters in school and have settled quite well. Son aged 18 working for a bank and enjoying earning money but hoping to go to Uni in February. Just waiting to find out on 10th January Hubby working for a large construction company working on a new terminal at Brisbane airport. I am not working but enjoying being at home.
Life on the whole good but do miss friends and family back in the Uk

Good luck to all those still to get here.
Ps If any September people live in Brisbane feel free to contact me as maybe we can meet up.
Janet x
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, All September 06'sssss

Where are you all now............ we've finally sold and head over early April - flight all booked now, stuff in storage

Look forward to hearing anyones updates if your all still on here????

Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Haktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant futureHaktahsin has a brilliant future

Hi, All September 06'sssss

Where are you all now............ we've finally sold and head over early April - flight all booked now, stuff in storage

Look forward to hearing anyones updates if your all still on here????

Hi Marvinc,

House sold and moved out 14th November, currently living with my mum, us 5, my mum and one of my sisters, is starting to become a tight squeeze in a 3 bedroom house I can tell you!!!

Our belongings were shipped a few weeks ago, been told they arrive in Melbourne 4th Jan, I leave my job 6th Jan, and our flights are booked for 11th Jan.

We have already leased a property in Berwick, opposite our friends house, kids have already been enrolled into school, I am actively looking for employment, hopefully it will improve once in Oz.

Starting to organise farewell parties, amongst everything else, both Kate and I are starting to get nervous now, but positive it will all work out well in the end.

Well done on selling the your house, especially in this current climate, for moment ours was very hit and miss.

Cheers

Hak.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
we recieved our visa's in july 06. Decided not to hang around as i wasn't working, hubby lost his job in October also and we were getting into more debt staying. We sold our house at a loss to one of those "we'll buy your house and rent it back to you" companies for 75% market value.
So anyhoo, we arrived in Adelaide 29th November, stayed in on arrival accommodation for 3 months which was great. i had great problems finding work as none of my quals were recognised and i haven't got a drivers licence, hubby had a few problems getting his A-class licence. Hubby got his licence,got work, i tried to get on a course that would overide my quals, but the course was always full.
We moved to Perth on 1st november 08 and since then i have been able to enrol on my course, i start on monday Hubby is happy in his new job, the rental is lovely. So much better than the last one (albeit more expensive) in that it isn't falling down around us. I have made some great friends along the way - you know who you are - i have travelled from Adelaide to Perth on the Indian Pacific, probably a once in a life time experience, for a smoker anyway and we can sit in our lounge and watch the kangaroo's jumping around in the reserve opposite.
All i need now is a part time job and life will be great.
Would i do anything differently Yes i would. I would get my quals recognised before moving and i would have passed my driving test. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, if only we knew BEFOREHAND. I have my test booked for Feb and am driving most weekends. Do i like driving along the freeway at 100kph? no i don't (but then i don't like driving fullstop) but needs must.lol
Would i move back to the UK? No chance, i'm happy here even with little money and no job this is where i call home.
Hope i haven't bored any of you
Jackie
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Haktahsin
Hi Marvinc,

House sold and moved out 14th November, currently living with my mum, us 5, my mum and one of my sisters, is starting to become a tight squeeze in a 3 bedroom house I can tell you!!!

Our belongings were shipped a few weeks ago, been told they arrive in Melbourne 4th Jan, I leave my job 6th Jan, and our flights are booked for 11th Jan.

We have already leased a property in Berwick, opposite our friends house, kids have already been enrolled into school, I am actively looking for employment, hopefully it will improve once in Oz.

Starting to organise farewell parties, amongst everything else, both Kate and I are starting to get nervous now, but positive it will all work out well in the end.

Well done on selling the your house, especially in this current climate, for moment ours was very hit and miss.

Cheers

Hak.
Hi Hak

We are in rented which isn't much better - just keep thinking it can only get better - good luck on 4th Jan xxxx
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwood
Hi all
we recieved our visa's in july 06. Decided not to hang around as i wasn't working, hubby lost his job in October also and we were getting into more debt staying. We sold our house at a loss to one of those "we'll buy your house and rent it back to you" companies for 75% market value.
So anyhoo, we arrived in Adelaide 29th November, stayed in on arrival accommodation for 3 months which was great. i had great problems finding work as none of my quals were recognised and i haven't got a drivers licence, hubby had a few problems getting his A-class licence. Hubby got his licence,got work, i tried to get on a course that would overide my quals, but the course was always full.
We moved to Perth on 1st november 08 and since then i have been able to enrol on my course, i start on monday Hubby is happy in his new job, the rental is lovely. So much better than the last one (albeit more expensive) in that it isn't falling down around us. I have made some great friends along the way - you know who you are - i have travelled from Adelaide to Perth on the Indian Pacific, probably a once in a life time experience, for a smoker anyway and we can sit in our lounge and watch the kangaroo's jumping around in the reserve opposite.
All i need now is a part time job and life will be great.
Would i do anything differently Yes i would. I would get my quals recognised before moving and i would have passed my driving test. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, if only we knew BEFOREHAND. I have my test booked for Feb and am driving most weekends. Do i like driving along the freeway at 100kph? no i don't (but then i don't like driving fullstop) but needs must.lol
Would i move back to the UK? No chance, i'm happy here even with little money and no job this is where i call home.
Hope i haven't bored any of you
Jackie
Hi Jackie

Thanks for update, we went to Perth and WA on our reccie and loved it, just the house prices scared me glad all is ok now xxx