British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Any Risk in Inviting Friend to Australia? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/any-risk-inviting-friend-australia-912127/)

khurram Apr 25th 2018 11:48 am

Any Risk in Inviting Friend to Australia?

Hi,

One of my friends wants an invitation letter from me to visit Australia and this question popped up in my mind. Is there any risk in inviting someone to Australia, like if someone you invited visits and does something wrong, something illegal or disappears, Will it have any impact on you? like you are blacklisted from inviting anyone else in future or something like that? Any information on this matter will be appreciated. I didn't find any information on this topic anywhere else. Thanks in advance.

spouse of scouse Apr 25th 2018 10:32 pm

Re: Any Risk in Inviting Friend to Australia?

Originally Posted by khurram (Post 12488836)
Hi,

One of my friends wants an invitation letter from me to visit Australia and this question popped up in my mind. Is there any risk in inviting someone to Australia, like if someone you invited visits and does something wrong, something illegal or disappears, Will it have any impact on you? like you are blacklisted from inviting anyone else in future or something like that? Any information on this matter will be appreciated. I didn't find any information on this topic anywhere else. Thanks in advance.

Is your friend also from Pakistan? He/she doesn't need an invitation letter, they can just apply for a visitor visa. I think Pakistani nationals need to apply in person as they are required to provide biometrics.

khurram Apr 25th 2018 10:40 pm

Yes he doesn't need invitation letter and i am not sure but i guess no one needs invitation letter to apply for tourist visa. It is just a supporting document that helps and increases the chances to get visa. But My question is that if someone gives and invitation to someone and the person does something wrong or disappears, are there any consequences for the inviter?

spouse of scouse Apr 25th 2018 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by khurram (Post 12489278)
Yes he doesn't need invitation letter and i am not sure but i guess no one needs invitation letter to apply for tourist visa. It is just a supporting document that helps and increases the chances to get visa. But My question is that if someone gives and invitation to someone and the person does something wrong or disappears, are there any consequences for the inviter?

I don't know the answer to that. All I know is the only type of person I'd write such a letter for would be one that I knew well enough to know that they weren't going to commit any criminal or immigration fraud acts while on holiday in Australia.

khurram Apr 25th 2018 11:02 pm

I know him well but still, not enough to trust him that much so most probably i'll refuse. But this question just popped up in my mind and couldn't find even a mention of such a thing anywhere online.

spouse of scouse Apr 25th 2018 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by khurram (Post 12489289)
I know him well but still, not enough to trust him that much so most probably i'll refuse. But this question just popped up in my mind and couldn't find even a mention of such a thing anywhere online.

For what it's worth, I think you made the right decision. And it was an interesting question :)

BritInParis Apr 25th 2018 11:17 pm

If you invite someone then you'll be listed as a contact on the system so if they do a bunk then that will have a negative effect on you and anyone else linked to you going forward.

khurram Apr 25th 2018 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12489298)
If you invite someone then you'll be listed as a contact on the system so if they do a bunk then that will have a negative effect on you and anyone else linked to you going forward.

This is what i was thinking. Thanks