Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any reason's why i some people cant get into aus

Any reason's why i some people cant get into aus

Old Aug 8th 2009, 4:03 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough
Cool Any reason's why i some people cant get into aus

is it if you have a criminal record ,debt etc
can you give me a list of reason's why someone couldnt go to oz

And if eta visa was not approved

thanks
Old Aug 8th 2009, 7:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any reason's why i some people cant get into aus

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl

thanks
Except for possibly some business visas, debt is irrelevant and DIAC do not ask about it.
You cannot get into Australia if you do not qualify for a visa though. In order to get a visa you have to meet the requirements for that particular one, whether this means 12 months living together, or passing a skills assessment or whatever.
A bad criminal record can prevent a visa from being granted, as can serious medical issues.

An ETA is granted a lot easier than many other visas becasue it is only a short term temporary visa. They are usually granted online immediately.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

You could die of old age waiting for your visa to be granted, that seems quite possible these days.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl

thanks
Peachy, give a bit more details of your personal circumstances. The people on this forum will be able to point you in the right direction.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Funny you should ask!! Some people in government are trying to make it more difficult.

According to Federal MP. Kelvin Thomson there should be a reduction in immigration to allow more time for vetting of new immigrants.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...4-2862,00.html

Personally I agree with him.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisling
You could die of old age waiting for your visa to be granted, that seems quite possible these days.
second that!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:12 am
BornToBeExpat

Nabeel75 has a brilliant futureNabeel75 has a brilliant futureNabeel75 has a brilliant futureNabeel75 has a brilliant futureNabeel75 has a brilliant futureNabeel75 has a brilliant futureNabeel75 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Funny you should ask!! Some people in government are trying to make it more difficult.

According to Federal MP. Kelvin Thomson there should be a reduction in immigration to allow more time for vetting of new immigrants.

Completely agreed. Every country should take relevant steps to protect its people from these mental fanatics.

Last edited by Nabeel75; Aug 11th 2009 at 4:15 am.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:49 am

GSNR will become famous soon enoughGSNR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse

I have to agree with you!!!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Yes, right on.

I'd start by vetting those who claim to be real estate agents or politicians.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GSNR
I have to agree with you!!!
Yeah Looking back through the threads on BE Immigration, Visa & Citizenship over the last few weeks and there has been visas granted left, right and centre.

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Yes, right on.

I'd start by vetting those who claim to be real estate agents or politicians.
Yeah i reckon there are similar type BE Posters recently granted visas ..... and they would also be strangers to the truth.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Aug 11th 2009 at 8:54 am.