Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any prospective 176 family sponsored applicants?

Wikiposts

Any prospective 176 family sponsored applicants?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

fairydust300980 is on a distinguished road
Default Any prospective 176 family sponsored applicants?

Hi, We are still at the early stages but plan to apply for a 176 Family sponsored visa in the spring, but wondered what the general opinion was with all the changes that have been made since the new year.

The 176 is the only option for us for PR and i am not eligable for state sponsorship so looks like straight away our application will be put to the bottom of the pile.

Don't want to put a downer on the whole thing as i can wait but just wondered if there were any others like me out there!

Thanks
Fairy
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice
Default Re: Any prospective 176 family sponsored applicants?

Originally Posted by fairydust300980
Hi, We are still at the early stages but plan to apply for a 176 Family sponsored visa in the spring, but wondered what the general opinion was with all the changes that have been made since the new year.

The 176 is the only option for us for PR and i am not eligable for state sponsorship so looks like straight away our application will be put to the bottom of the pile.

Don't want to put a downer on the whole thing as i can wait but just wondered if there were any others like me out there!

Thanks
Fairy
I applied for a subclass 176, Asco code 2299-79, applied March 20th, 2008, sponsored by my brother. Haven't heard anything from DIAC yet, but still hoping for a CO soon.....hope is all we have right!

However, having knowing that the GSM applications would be stacked at the bottom right away should not stop you from applying. DIAC reviews & changes their policies on an ongoing basis & that could affect you either positively or negatively.The important thing is not to procrastinate & file your application now before more changes are implemented.

I suggest that you put in your application & sit back & continue with your life, the visa process will take it's time & someday you would have your grant letter.

All the best with your endeavors.

Last edited by mb_jg; Jan 20th 2009 at 1:54 am.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

That is positive thinking if i ever heard any but your right.

Im going to submit our application as soon as we can, just waiting for Vetassess results and i need to do an IELTS test but im hoping to apply before April as im due to have a baby.
I know i will be busy enough so the application can sit in the pile whilst our family is expanding.

Thanks for your response, it's good to hear im not the only one.

Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

That is positive thinking if i ever heard any but your right.

Im going to submit our application as soon as we can, just waiting for Vetassess results and i need to do an IELTS test but im hoping to apply before April as im due to have a baby.
I know i will be busy enough so the application can sit in the pile whilst our family is expanding.

Thanks for your response, it's good to hear im not the only one.

AHA, the baby will keep you very busy to even think about the application.

Even we applied when we learnt that we were pregnant, in the same boat almost

All the best with everything Fairy.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:57 pm
Mauritian Member

jen_mj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Fairy dust
congrats for the baby
LIke you im planning to apply for the gsm visa 176 family sponsored in may/june of this year. MY fiancee is going to be the main application - production manager, 50 points-
we're planning to get married in may (its been five years since we're together and living together since a year)

Yeps i'm perfectly aware that there's a long long way waiting for us but i do hope that DIAC will grant us the visa considering that we have family sponsoring us in perth. so yes i'm sticking to the gsm 176 family sposored.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jen_mj12
Hello Fairy dust
congrats for the baby
LIke you im planning to apply for the gsm visa 176 family sponsored in may/june of this year. MY fiancee is going to be the main application - production manager, 50 points-
we're planning to get married in may (its been five years since we're together and living together since a year)

Yeps i'm perfectly aware that there's a long long way waiting for us but i do hope that DIAC will grant us the visa considering that we have family sponsoring us in perth. so yes i'm sticking to the gsm 176 family sposored.
Thanks Jen, yes it's going to be an interesting year for us all.
Good luck with your wedding, i married my husband after 5 years too. At least you have things to keep you occupied whilst the visa is going through. It looks like it may take a while but we will all get there in the end.

I think this is the best visa we can go for in our position i like i said before this year will pass so quickly with the destraction of a new baby and a toddler!!!

All the best
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice
Smile Re: Any prospective 176 family sponsored applicants?

Originally Posted by mb_jg

I suggest that you put in your application & sit back & continue with your life, the visa process will take it's time & someday you would have your grant letter.
Greetings, i'm in the same boat as you guys, subclass 176 sponsored by my aunt (she's 75). Waited 9 mths for the CO.

Do bear in mind the waiting can be very long, lonely and damn frustrating at times. The good news is IT WILL COME plus you always hav friends here in the forum to cheer you on.

Good of luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sram466
Greetings, i'm in the same boat as you guys, subclass 176 sponsored by my aunt (she's 75). Waited 9 mths for the CO.

Do bear in mind the waiting can be very long, lonely and damn frustrating at times. The good news is IT WILL COME plus you always hav friends here in the forum to cheer you on.

Good of luck.
Damn, you already have a CO, I've been waiting for 10 months now
All the best with your app Sram.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Fairy
Im a 176 family sponsored. Applied Jun08, CO Dec08, visa very soon. In my opinion, To use a well known agent seems to speed up things. I used www.gomatilda.com
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

I wasn't going to use an agent, i had some quotes and have been looking into it for ages, and thought the £2000 i save not using an agent will go towards our flights! Hopefully be the right choice will see how we get on!!!

Id like to hope we can move next summer (2010) but will have to go with what the DAIC decide, we can't force them to want us as desperatly as we want tobe there!!!

Good luck everyone x