British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Any one got a phone call from ACS? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/any-one-got-phone-call-acs-578971/)

Saad Dec 17th 2008 8:04 am

Any one got a phone call from ACS?

Dear All,

Does any one of you who applied for Skills Assessment got a call/ phone interview type thing from ACs? if yes what kind of interview or verification is it?

saad

ZeeAsh Dec 17th 2008 8:07 am

Re: Any one got a phone call from ACS?

Originally Posted by Saad (Post 7075072)
Dear All,

Does any one of you who applied for Skills Assessment got a call/ phone interview type thing from ACs? if yes what kind of interview or verification is it?

saad

No calls/ No Interviews.

Verification is the part of DIMA, and IN ACS letter they clearly write that the verification could be done by DIMA while processing your application.

Saad Dec 17th 2008 8:16 am

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh (Post 7075079)
No calls/ No Interviews.

Verification is the part of DIMA, and IN ACS letter they clearly write that the verification could be done by DIMA while processing your application.

ok so any interview if conducted will be after submitting the migration application? Also what if an applicant is on short leave from job and gets a call from DIMA on office no?

Saad

Dorothy Dec 17th 2008 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Saad (Post 7075101)
ok so any interview if conducted will be after submitting the migration application? Also what if an applicant is on short leave from job and gets a call from DIMA on office no?

Saad

ACS will not call you to verify anything. However, DIAC sometimes do random employment checks to verify the information you have provided. They do not call to speak to the applicant, but rather the person who gave the reference. If you are on leave from your job it makes no difference to DIAC.

ZeeAsh Dec 17th 2008 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Saad (Post 7075101)

Saad

Dont worry, They will not Interview you.
For HR countries any person from Australian embassy on behalf of DIAC visits your office and varify from your HR that you work or worked their .. etc.

But it will be done when CO is assigned and your application is about to finalize...

Saad Dec 17th 2008 8:26 am

oh thanks :)

Saad

Red_V_Roger Dec 17th 2008 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 7075107)
ACS will not call you to verify anything. However, DIAC sometimes do random employment checks to verify the information you have provided. They do not call to speak to the applicant, but rather the person who gave the reference. If you are on leave from your job it makes no difference to DIAC.

Or they speak to just who ever answers the phone.

WaitingKills Dec 17th 2008 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger (Post 7075218)
Or they speak to just who ever answers the phone.

Comeback again. Whoever answers the phone. If an office assistant answer what will be the outcome!!!!!

ZeeAsh Dec 17th 2008 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by WaitingKills (Post 7075759)
Comeback again. Whoever answers the phone. If an office assistant answer what will be the outcome!!!!!

For HR countires the person from Australian Embassy office visit the office personaly and meet the person/Deptt who issued the expereince letter. i.e. HR / HR Manager who's name is on the letter along with signatures.

If they call they will try to contact with the letter issuing authority i.e HR / HR Manager who's name is on the letter along with signatures.

If your office do not have a specified method to route the call Or a person coming for verification to HR / Letter issuing authority then it may be a disaster................

Anyhow GoodLuck

Dorothy Dec 17th 2008 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh (Post 7075997)
For HR countires the person from Australian Embassy office visit the office personaly and meet the person/Deptt who issued the expereince letter. i.e. HR / HR Manager who's name is on the letter along with signatures.

If they call they will try to contact with the letter issuing authority i.e HR / HR Manager who's name is on the letter along with signatures.

If your office do not have a specified method to route the call Or a person coming for verification to HR / Letter issuing authority then it may be a disaster................

Anyhow GoodLuck

That is not true. There are many times when the person from DIAC simply makes a phone call for enquiry. And as I said before, no disaster. If the applicant is on leave then it's no big deal. They will speak to the writer of the reference, or barring that simply make general enquiries about the applicant. For example, "Does XX work there? In what capacity does he/she work?"

Red_V_Roger Dec 17th 2008 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by WaitingKills (Post 7075759)

Yep, we've had a check phone call here from DIAC checking that I am still doing the job described on my 457 and they were happy just to talk to the 'girl' that picked up the phone. They did not ask for the person responsible for my for 457 or a manager etc.

I suspect they think they may get a more honest answer from somebody who may not otherwise be primed to give a prepared response.

Dorothy Dec 18th 2008 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger (Post 7077043)
Yep, we've had a check phone call here from DIAC checking that I am still doing the job described on my 457 and they were happy just to talk to the 'girl' that picked up the phone. They did not ask for the person responsible for my for 457 or a manager etc.

I suspect they think they may get a more honest answer from somebody who may not otherwise be primed to give a prepared response.

The OP was talking about DIAC doing employment checks for applicants from high risk countries as part of the visa application process, not as a follow up for a 457.

Red_V_Roger Dec 18th 2008 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 7078021)
The OP was talking about DIAC doing employment checks for applicants from high risk countries as part of the visa application process, not as a follow up for a 457.

Slap my wrists mother. Point I was making was that DIAC in some circumstances make random calls and may not speak to a person prepared to give ready thought out answers. Also trying to remake your comment that... simply make general enquiries about the applicant. For example, "Does XX work there? In what capacity does he/she work?" :D