Any one get x rays when pregnant

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:44 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Any one get x rays when pregnant

Hello

we are hoping to move over to Australia in June this year and have our hearts really set on it we have been waiting a long time to go Ive spoke to doctors about the x ray when pregnant and know the in and outs thanks to ozzy doc and a few others giving me all the information also my husbands brother friend is a radiologist in Tallaght hospital in Dublin and she explained it all as well, it just how do i get a doctor to let me have one they are worried about getting sued any advice on that we are going to our doctor tonight and im worried he wont let me any one in Ireland have one while pregnant and were did you go please.

thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

swami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any one get x rays when pregnant

I believe DIAC does not insist on Xrays for pregnant women. But you have to show your case on being pregnant with a doctor certifying it...
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:43 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by swami
I believe DIAC does not insist on Xrays for pregnant women. But you have to show your case on being pregnant with a doctor certifying it...
Does that mean i wont have to have one and still be able to go a head with it all and move as planned or wait on till after the baby is born My husband is the main applicant does that make a difference
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:59 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

DIAC may put the case on ice if X-rays are required, until you will be able to get them done,
NJ
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:55 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Originally Posted by newjersey
DIAC may put the case on ice if X-rays are required, until you will be able to get them done,
NJ
This is what I've understud also that your application will be put on hold until you can get the x-rays meaning until the baby is born. That's what I've been waiting for last few months

Kaitlin
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
This is what I've understud also that your application will be put on hold until you can get the x-rays meaning until the baby is born.
Some doctors will be ok with doing an x-ray with lead shielding. There are mixed opinions in the medical profession, apparently.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
Some doctors will be ok with doing an x-ray with lead shielding. There are mixed opinions in the medical profession, apparently.
Yes i have done loads of research and got very good information off ozzydoc and batty thanks guys my husband rang the girl doing our xray and she said she will do it no problem only need a referral letter from doctor as that the way they do it regardless. i was wondering though has any one else done it and had their baby in OZ i cant be the only one !
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Pippa1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't mind me asking how far along are you? I'm 8 weeks and really want to be in Oz for the birth - do you have any worries about timing?

At this stage we have not submitted the 175 application, as we are still waiting for DH's qualifications to be assessed.

Can you recommend a good website/thread (re x-ray info while pg).

Many thanks, Pippa
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pippa1972
If you don't mind me asking how far along are you? I'm 8 weeks and really want to be in Oz for the birth - do you have any worries about timing?

At this stage we have not submitted the 175 application, as we are still waiting for DH's qualifications to be assessed.

Can you recommend a good website/thread (re x-ray info while pg).

Many thanks, Pippa
Hi Pippa Im 9 weeks on Monday i used the search on here to find Threads but I also got information off Battyxray and Ozzy doc found them when i serched under Pregnancy and x ray
also look at these
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdo...fetal/373.html

we spoke to the girl doing our and she will do them no problem as standard pregnant or not we need a letter from our doctor to do the xrays in the hospital but i was relieved when i had all my information

we have just applied for our application this week we are hoping to have it back for june that will put me at 27 to 30 weeks a bit nervous about that ive looked in to the flying and im going to get a letter to say im ok to fly and im thinking of a stop over for me as well as our other boys and have to get the flight socks most airline wont let you fly after 36 weeks
i have information on hospitals let me know if you want it
were are you heading
good luck and keep me updated nice to find some one in the same boat as me
Niamh
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Absolutely! nice to speak with someone going through this mad process while pg

I will be 9 weeks on Thursday, so we are more or less spot on! I have two girls already (5 & 2 y/o). How old are your boys?

Thanks for the info - so you are not concerned about the x-ray? I am yet to read up on it so that's a job for tomorrow sometime. I do know that I had a dental x-ray with one of my pg's and I was concerned at the time and the dentist shrugged it off and put lead plates on me for protection. It all happened so quickly that I never really considered any problems.

We are planning on heading to Sydney, as we have already spoken to a recruiter there who said that we/DH will have no problems getting work once we have permanent residency (we are both Accountants).

Where are you heading? What does your family think? The in-laws don't know yet and I don't think that they won't be too happy once we tell them that we are pg and still proceeding with Oz

Anyway, lets keep in touch (PM's if I can yet).

Take care, Pip x

Last edited by Pippa1972; Jan 26th 2008 at 9:34 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

OK, I don't know if you ve seen this link but it made me feel a lot better regarding x-rays and pg http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/iyh-vsv/med/x...graphie_e.html

It looks like we will be trying to get to Oz before the baby comes Now we have to get really organised!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Pippa1972
OK, I don't know if you ve seen this link but it made me feel a lot better regarding x-rays and pg http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/iyh-vsv/med/x...graphie_e.html

It looks like we will be trying to get to Oz before the baby comes Now we have to get really organised!

Thank Pippa that link is very good i sent you a Pm

this will be some journey to get to Australia before we pop lol

my lads are 6, 4 and 21 months but we have thier birthdays in Feb,march and April mad that
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

My wife is applying for a 100/309 spouse visa, and only found out she was pg because the radiographer insisted on a pg test as she wasn't on the pill. When it came up positive it was a bit of a shock They refused to do the X-ray. They sent the meds off and we emailed to see if they would waive the chest X-ray requirement - they said no chance, best to wait until after delivery and then have the X-ray (not an option, we both have jobs in Brisbane to get to!).

Anyway, we went back to the hospital when my wife was 12wks pg for the X-ray with a shield, and she had to do a declaration promising not to sue them if anything went wrong! The radioographer still didn't want to do the X-ray, even with an abdominal lead shield, but the consultant radiologist happened to know my wife and over-ruled the radiographer! Lucky he was on duty that day! We are now waiting for a doctor in Sydney to review it - everything else is OK according to LCU.

It was only because she knew the radiologist that this was possible - a lot of places will flat out refuse to give you an X-ray. The foetus will probably get more radiation on the plane out to Oz, but there you have it. Good luck finding a radiographer.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by James516
My wife is applying for a 100/309 spouse visa, and only found out she was pg because the radiographer insisted on a pg test as she wasn't on the pill. When it came up positive it was a bit of a shock They refused to do the X-ray. They sent the meds off and we emailed to see if they would waive the chest X-ray requirement - they said no chance, best to wait until after delivery and then have the X-ray (not an option, we both have jobs in Brisbane to get to!).

Anyway, we went back to the hospital when my wife was 12wks pg for the X-ray with a shield, and she had to do a declaration promising not to sue them if anything went wrong! The radioographer still didn't want to do the X-ray, even with an abdominal lead shield, but the consultant radiologist happened to know my wife and over-ruled the radiographer! Lucky he was on duty that day! We are now waiting for a doctor in Sydney to review it - everything else is OK according to LCU.

It was only because she knew the radiologist that this was possible - a lot of places will flat out refuse to give you an X-ray. The foetus will probably get more radiation on the plane out to Oz, but there you have it. Good luck finding a radiographer.
mad isn't it when you have just said it pregnant women fly all the time and get more radiation from that than an x ray it all boils down to worrying about being sued we are very lucky as we spoke to the hospital and the girl said she would do them for us