Any news??

Old May 14th 2002, 7:20 pm
Jo/Matt

Default Any news??

Hi,

Has anybody had any replies or news from DIMA for PR independent skilled catergory
who applied to London around May 2001?

Any news gladly received.

Thanks

Jo x

Old May 14th 2002, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Andy P will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any news??

Jo,
I rang AHC this morning, and the very nice man advised me that they are currently processing late April and Early May 2001 applications.

Good luck.

Andy
Old May 14th 2002, 9:20 pm
Skipp

Hi,

I meet that category, I applied in May 2001. The only response i have had is to ask
for new police checks as the once i submitted at the time of application is now over
a year old and hence invalid. They have said that they will be attempting to proces
my aplication by the end of June, providing new police checks can be submitted by
then. However this seems unlikely. Thing is it takes a couple of months to get new
ones...wish id known earlier!

Regards Si

"Jo/Matt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anybody had any replies or news from DIMA for PR independent skilled catergory
    > who applied to London around May 2001?
    >
    > Any news gladly received.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jo x

Old May 15th 2002, 12:20 am
John Lamont

Hi Andy.......

Did the guy at the AHC say that the late April and Early May 2001 applications that
they are currently processing, are frontloaded, or ordinary applications? I sent my
application in July 2001, (no medicals & police checks), and this post is the most
encouraging news I have had yet, if it applies to non frontloaded applications.

Cheers....... Johnno......

John Lamont
[email protected]

"Andy P" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Jo, I rang AHC this morning, and the very nice man advised me that they are
    > currently processing late April and Early May 2001 applications.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Andy
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Yvonne
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 15th 2002, 3:20 pm
Hair-Cut-And-Tr

hi from tim, my application was also july 5th, so good news getting closer i hope, we
put in police clearance no medicals. so more info will be good. fair dimkum. tim

"John Lamont" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Andy.......
    >
    > Did the guy at the AHC say that the late April and Early May 2001 applications that
    > they are currently processing, are frontloaded, or ordinary applications? I sent my
    > application in July 2001, (no medicals & police checks), and this post is the most
    > encouraging news I have had yet, if it applies to non frontloaded applications.
    >
    > Cheers....... Johnno......
    >
    >
    > John Lamont
    > [email protected]
    >
    > "Andy P" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Jo, I rang AHC this morning, and the very nice man advised me that they are
    > > currently processing late April and Early May 2001 applications.
    > >
    > > Good luck.
    > >
    > > Andy
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Yvonne
    > >
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 15th 2002, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Hi,
I phoned DIMA 2 days ago and asked for medical forms to be sent to us. I was told that are sent when they are requested by them!
She checked my application file number and informed me that they were currently processing July 2001 and to wait until the med. forms were sent out.
Alot of different updates. Whats the truth???????????????
Shona

Could anyone please inform me of the email address for med. forms as I keep getting a reply saying unsent!!
Old May 15th 2002, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied Dec 2000 and were front loaded.
We were asked for more info and new police checks in Early April but have not heard anything since. Not too sure why and now getting rather worried. I did phone the AHC and they said that they needed to open their post!???
Britbird
Old May 15th 2002, 9:20 pm
Jaj

Sounds like people are getting a different story from the AHC depending on who picks
up the phone.

Jeremy

>On 15 May 2002 18:20:19 GMT, britbird <[email protected]> wrote:

>We applied Dec 2000 and were front loaded. We were asked for more info and new
    >police checks in Early April but have not heard anything since. Not too sure why and
    >now getting rather worried. I did phone the AHC and they said that they needed to
    >open their post!??? Britbird
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 16th 2002, 7:00 pm
ndaltonb

Hi Gang,

When we post updates like this could we say what category or sub-class of visa the info relates to. As an example, I think that Skilled Sponsored (139) were further ahead at the beginning of the year but this has changed now.

There are different numbers of visa so they move at different and similar, but not exact speeds so info like this really needs to be related to visa class.

F'rinstance, if they are processing July 2001, I'd like to know why I haven't been asked to update my police docs, however this may relate to another class of visa

I'll get back in my box now, but before I forget, GO TEAM ONE!!

nigel db

Old May 16th 2002, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

owen27 is an unknown quantity at this point

in reply to your note. We applied to London Australia House May 2001. Independant Skilled. we were sent our medical forms two weeks ago and applied for new police checks due back 10 june.
had medicals on tuesday 14th so just have to wait for police checks now. (as our original one had expired also).
Hope this helps.
Old May 16th 2002, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Andy P will become famous soon enough

Hi johnno,

Further to my earlier posting on this, we applied Australian- Sponsored General Skilled on June 8th 2001. When the man at AHC said that they were processing late April/ early May 2001, I did ask him if this was for our particular category, but he said "no, this was for all General Skilled" which would include Independent.
There must be some truth in this as there are obviously a number of applicants on this site who applied May 2001 whose applications have started to be processed as they have been asked for medicals and police checks etc. (although there does appear to be, for whatever reason, people who applied in Dec 2000 who are just hearing!). For what it is worth, we front-loaded our application with police checks and medicals, but he did not seem to give the impression that this was important to the date of processing ( although he did tell me that they were giving priority to nurses - which we all knew). He also said that I should be contacted within the next 2 months, althouth obviously he could not guarantee this.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Andy.
Old May 17th 2002, 6:12 pm
ndaltonb

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the background.

Nigel db