Wikiposts

Any Joiners there?

Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:44 am
Just Joined

bubbles888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Joiners there?

My partner and myself are just looking into applying just now after travelling in Australia. My partner is a joiner/carpenter and seemingly he has to do a pratical assesment, does anybody know details of who and where this is? we were told this from a couple of Immigration consultants although they seem to charge a fortune for this and i was going to try and go through the process our selves. Can anyone give any pointers? :curse:
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice
Default Re: Any Joiners there?

hi
carpenters test is $600 for paper application plus $1500 for practical.
you get to book your own test ( i did yesterday) and chose london instead of glasgow or accrington. 3 dates for each venue but miss these you have to wait 3 long hard months for the next batch.
any other questions pm me and ill do my best

hope this helps
charlie rara
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road

The guy above is right about the cost, my fella is actually doing his joinery assessment on 16th February in Accrington, so he is very nervous..after the 16th i could let you all know what u have to do so you can get in practise. So for now good luck...and may spk to you all soon
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Gox_Ala_Ky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

letting us know how your OH got on and whats involved would be very helpfull, thanks in advance. Good Luck to your OH for the 16th!!

Gordon, Alana & Kyra
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LINZI32
The guy above is right about the cost, my fella is actually doing his joinery assessment on 16th February in Accrington, so he is very nervous..after the 16th i could let you all know what u have to do so you can get in practise. So for now good luck...and may spk to you all soon
Hi,

I went online last night and had a look on the immigration site and found the details on the price, which are as you said Are you pulling your whole visa together yourself? Let us know how your ither half gets on.

All the best
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

were using an agent as enough stuff to take on board without the visa thing.
cost is not an issue if its right as would be p%"$ed off if got it all wrong and end up staying here in the freezing wastes
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by charlie rara
were using an agent as enough stuff to take on board without the visa thing.
cost is not an issue if its right as would be p%"$ed off if got it all wrong and end up staying here in the freezing wastes
I know what you mean although i have been quoted some high prices, they had added on £2000.00 just to the assesment fee! So is your agent dealing with the rest of your visa as you have booked and paid the assesment and practical test yourself?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bubbles888
I know what you mean although i have been quoted some high prices, they had added on £2000.00 just to the assesment fee! So is your agent dealing with the rest of your visa as you have booked and paid the assesment and practical test yourself?
instructed agent in nov 08. fixed price of $8505 aus (£3500) all inclusive of meds & police checks.
he lodged vetassess test 09/01/09 after alot of paperwork & a $600 fee. passed the paper part of test and told to book my practical test my self on line.
vetassess sent email confiming this. both agent and veta sent link to book which was very easy , you get to choose your own date and venue from a list and just paid with credit card $1500 ( £675)
they then email to confirm and a page you need to print and take with you.
once passed ,can then pay rest of fees and agent can lodge application
while i keep looking at schools and real estate in and around hervey bay ???

i have a breakdown of costings if you need it. will need ya email adress tho to send it.
hope this helps
paul ( charlie rara )
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Charlie, have you done your test then or have you just booked on??? and when???? Which test are you doing carpentry or joinery?

Does anyone know when you do your medicals, my OH is booked to do his practical in just over a weeks time and providing he passes that we have the application forms and more evidence to submit ...but when and how far after this do we have to do the medicals??

Thanks all..
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Charlie, have you done your test then or have you just booked on??? and when???? Which test are you doing carpentry or joinery?

Does anyone know when you do your medicals, my OH is booked to do his practical in just over a weeks time and providing he passes that we have the application forms and more evidence to submit ...but when and how far after this do we have to do the medicals??

Thanks all..
only booked it.
09/04/2009 in london. carpentry.
if im right you dont do ya meds till your case officer asks . you get a co when youve applied for visa.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by charlie rara
instructed agent in nov 08. fixed price of $8505 aus (£3500) all inclusive of meds & police checks.
he lodged vetassess test 09/01/09 after alot of paperwork & a $600 fee. passed the paper part of test and told to book my practical test my self on line.
vetassess sent email confiming this. both agent and veta sent link to book which was very easy , you get to choose your own date and venue from a list and just paid with credit card $1500 ( £675)
they then email to confirm and a page you need to print and take with you.
once passed ,can then pay rest of fees and agent can lodge application
while i keep looking at schools and real estate in and around hervey bay ???

i have a breakdown of costings if you need it. will need ya email adress tho to send it.
hope this helps
paul ( charlie rara )
Thanks for that Paul, you agent seems pritty reasonable compared to the prices i have received so far, i will get my OH to do the paper part of the test then get onto booking the practical. Think you can do the paper part online.

thanks
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bubbles888
Thanks for that Paul, you agent seems pritty reasonable compared to the prices i have received so far, i will get my OH to do the paper part of the test then get onto booking the practical. Think you can do the paper part online.

thanks
i think you can
Old Feb 5th 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Gox_Ala_Ky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

You can def do the paper part online, however you need to print the application record and send it via courier with all the relevant paperwork...we are not using an agent so had to do the above ourselves...fairly simple. Only difficult part was getting all the relevant paperwork together..thats a bit of a nightmare! We felt like we were chasing our tails!

Alana
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:45 pm
Angela and Renato

smurph22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Just read your post and would be absolutely thrilled if you let us know how your partner gets on at the Carpentry test and what it involves, thanks. Did he put heaps and heaps of info in his paper test?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Heaps and Heaps !!! To much really they want to know the in's and out's of everything very very stressful, my fella got shingles thru it all.

He is doing the Joinery test not Carpentry, which are you doing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.