Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any Jan/Feb 136 applicants got case officer allocated yet/letter?

Any Jan/Feb 136 applicants got case officer allocated yet/letter?

Old Mar 13th 2005, 4:57 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Any Jan/Feb 136 applicants got case officer allocated yet/letter?

Hi Everybody!

I know its early days yet but was just wondering if anyone who submitted Jan/ Feb 2005 has had their letter yet from DIMIA stating case officer or medicals request?

My 136 skilled independent application was acknowledged by e-mail 3rd February 2005 (the same day my cc was debited) and stated a case file number - I gather everyone was in the same boat with the e-mail acknowledgment. The e-mail did say that a written letter detailing case officer would arrive within due course (or words to that effect) so just wondered if anyone has been lucky enough to hear anything back yet?

It is over a month now so wondered when this is likely to happen. We frontloaded meds and pcc as i'm a nurse so not waiting on medical requests but it would be really exciting to know when a case officer has been allocated.

I really feel for all the pre-julyers - must be awful to wait for so long - i'm getting nervous already but thats only because I know that many visa's have been granted within 3-4 months from austimeline.

Lynn
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Jan/Feb 136 applicants got case officer allocated yet/letter?

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Everybody!

I know its early days yet but was just wondering if anyone who submitted Jan/ Feb 2005 has had their letter yet from DIMIA stating case officer or medicals request?

My 136 skilled independent application was acknowledged by e-mail 3rd February 2005 (the same day my cc was debited) and stated a case file number - I gather everyone was in the same boat with the e-mail acknowledgment. The e-mail did say that a written letter detailing case officer would arrive within due course (or words to that effect) so just wondered if anyone has been lucky enough to hear anything back yet?

It is over a month now so wondered when this is likely to happen. We frontloaded meds and pcc as i'm a nurse so not waiting on medical requests but it would be really exciting to know when a case officer has been allocated.

I really feel for all the pre-julyers - must be awful to wait for so long - i'm getting nervous already but thats only because I know that many visa's have been granted within 3-4 months from austimeline.

Lynn
Hi Lynn, I lodged my application - and had my email and CC debited on the 23rd of Feb, so early days for me too. No meds or PCC to do as they are still valid from 457.
Waiting for CO and rubber-stamp!!

Lets hope we get that letter soon!

Cas
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:37 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everybody!

Lynn
Waiting like you - mine ackowledged 20/01/05 (I'm just before you in the Austimeline - gillianme )
Lots of hurry up luck !
Gillian
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:24 am
tre
Forum Regular

tre is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sme
Waiting like you - mine ackowledged 20/01/05 (I'm just before you in the Austimeline - gillianme )
Lots of hurry up luck !
Gillian
Ours arrived with DIMIA on the 6/1/05 - C.C. debited on the 10/1/05 & we have not even received any ackowledgment

Tre
Old Mar 14th 2005, 10:52 am

So no one seems to be any further ahead then! With all the talk of visa's being granted in 3 months would of though people would of had med requests around about now, so in my eyes things not looking too promising on the old speed front for 2005 - December 2004 seems to be just about allocated now.

I gathered from the e-mail that a paper copy acknlwledgement would be getting sent detailing case officer name - was I the only one that read it that way?

Oh well off to be patient - promise everyone to post on here if you hear anything!!!?

Best of luck everyone
Lynn
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:17 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

So no one seems to be any further ahead then! With all the talk of visa's being granted in 3 months would of though people would of had med requests around about now, so in my eyes things not looking too promising on the old speed front for 2005 - December 2004 seems to be just about allocated now.

I gathered from the e-mail that a paper copy acknlwledgement would be getting sent detailing case officer name - was I the only one that read it that way?

Oh well off to be patient - promise everyone to post on here if you hear anything!!!?

Best of luck everyone
Lynn
Promise !!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:29 pm
obe
Just Joined

obe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tre
Ours arrived with DIMIA on the 6/1/05 - C.C. debited on the 10/1/05 & we have not even received any ackowledgment

Tre
Saw a posting on another forum that the acknowledgement may not be sent depending on the payment method (for applications post mid Jan). I assume that the CC statement is therefore the acknowledgement.
Mine was sent via email 18th Jan, but no written ack.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everybody!

Lynn
Hi,
We are January 2005 STNI. DIMIA received on the 11th Jan and also took out our payment on the same day via CC. We have had nothing off them at all so decided to email and ask for file number so we could put it on the medicals we had done on the 10th Feb.
They sent reply in 5 days via email.
rang hospital to tell them to write it on the meds but not to send till requested.
they sent them anyway.
Have no clue where they are now, just hoping they are at Sydney.
Keep thinking I should email to see whether they have got there but dare I. Keep hearing from people not to bug them unless really urgent.
Stress Stress Stress!!!!!!!
Libby.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Hi,
We are January 2005 STNI. DIMIA received on the 11th Jan and also took out our payment on the same day via CC. We have had nothing off them at all so decided to email and ask for file number so we could put it on the medicals we had done on the 10th Feb.
rang hospital to tell them to write it on the meds but not to send till requested.
they sent them anyway.
Keep thinking I should email to see whether they have got there but dare I. Keep hearing from people not to bug them unless really urgent.
Libby.
Hi Libby
I have frontloaded my meds and pcc - case file number has been put on meds as I got an e-mail acknowledgement really fast. However my Dr's idea of a courier turns out to be 'international signed for' !!!!! When I phoned the Dr's receptionist for the tracking number she never had one as you can't track out of the UK with this flamin postage method - was so annoyed as would of paid for courier but Dr had stated that med price included courier fee! So no way whatsoever of knowing if meds have been recieved safely - sorely tempted to e-mail to find out though, but again put off from doing so. Meds are so expensive though - at least they have my case file number on them though so only relying on royal mail and Aus post to of delivered them safely. Does anyone think It would be ok to e-mail?!

Lynn
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:06 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Hi Libby
I have frontloaded my meds and pcc - case file number has been put on meds as I got an e-mail acknowledgement really fast. However my Dr's idea of a courier turns out to be 'international signed for' !!!!! When I phoned the Dr's receptionist for the tracking number she never had one as you can't track out of the UK with this flamin postage method - was so annoyed as would of paid for courier but Dr had stated that med price included courier fee! So no way whatsoever of knowing if meds have been recieved safely - sorely tempted to e-mail to find out though, but again put off from doing so. Meds are so expensive though - at least they have my case file number on them though so only relying on royal mail and Aus post to of delivered them safely. Does anyone think It would be ok to e-mail?!

Lynn
I think it would be ok, they don't have to respond to your e-mail if they want to be arsey about it. Hopefully it will be answered by someone who can understand the stress would be emigrants are under.
Good luck and let us all know what happens.
Gillian
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:07 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Hi,
they sent them anyway.
Libby.
I know where your marbles are !!!!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:27 pm
cheaper wolf blass

Tiges is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Libby

Lynn
I reckon you should e-mail. You haven't lost anything and you could do it in a matter of fact, for information only way as opposed to expecting a response from your case officer. That way if they are kind and DON'T receive them shortly they'll know something has gone wrong. However it's most likely they'll have arrived very safely and very securely. Keep us posted about what you do!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:25 pm

Ok you lot are bad!

I have e-mailed a VERY polite e-mail to Adelaide to see if my medicals have arrived safely. I explained that I had not wanted to bother them but that the Dr had sent them by a different method to what I had expected and that I was threfore unable to track them online. Fingers crossed I hear something back although will probably get e-mail back asking not to e-mail.

Lynn
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:41 pm
cheaper wolf blass

Tiges is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok you lot are bad!

I have e-mailed a VERY polite e-mail to Adelaide to see if my medicals have arrived safely. I explained that I had not wanted to bother them but that the Dr had sent them by a different method to what I had expected and that I was threfore unable to track them online. Fingers crossed I hear something back although will probably get e-mail back asking not to e-mail.

Lynn
Well Done Lynn! At least they'll know to look for them even if they don't send the reassuring e-mail back. All the best!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Ok you lot are bad!

Lynn
Hey, you have more courage than me.
Please let me know how you get on. It might give me the kick up the bum to do the same.
Good Luck.
Libby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.