Any info on parent migration visas

Old May 11th 2005, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Any info on parent migration visas

Hi every one

Its been some time since I have been on the forum, been settling down on the gold coast and things are good, well for the rest of the family, I have had to go come back to the uk to finalise the sale of our business, and its winding me up now because I wont be back with my wife and kids until end of august, its a bummer .

Any way back to business is there any body out there who could point me in the right direction on how we start the ball rolling for both my mother and my wife’s mother to move out here when we qualify to sponsor them. My wife’s sister will sponsor my mothering law as they also live out here & I will sponsor my mother. If any one has done this your feed back would be very much appreciated. So come on British Expatians you have never let me down yet.

Many Thanks in advance
A despert Signman Glen wanting to get back to Aus
Old May 11th 2005, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any info on parent migration visas

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
Hi every one

Its been some time since I have been on the forum, been settling down on the gold coast and things are good, well for the rest of the family, I have had to go come back to the uk to finalise the sale of our business, and its winding me up now because I wont be back with my wife and kids until end of august, its a bummer .

Any way back to business is there any body out there who could point me in the right direction on how we start the ball rolling for both my mother and my wife’s mother to move out here when we qualify to sponsor them. My wife’s sister will sponsor my mothering law as they also live out here & I will sponsor my mother. If any one has done this your feed back would be very much appreciated. So come on British Expatians you have never let me down yet.

Many Thanks in advance
A despert Signman Glen wanting to get back to Aus
Hi
To be honest the only real option for parents these days is the Contributory Parent Visa. The parents would have to meet the balance of family test and be prepared to pay a substantial sum for the second visa charge. Have a look at booklet 3 on www.dimia.gov.au

There are quite a few of us on the forum who have migrated on this visa and we will help with advice if this route looks like an option to your parents. Good reading and the best of luck.