Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any ideas for the next programme year (09-10)?

Wikiposts

Any ideas for the next programme year (09-10)?

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

alloyStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any ideas for the next programme year (09-10)?

We all know that non-CSL applications will not be processed within current programme year. (this is confirmed by many sources)

So all I can do now is thinking about next programme year. Will this priority processing continue?

I thought it was just a contingency plan, probably everything will go back to normal in the next year. However, having heard the recent unemployment figures and quota cut in Australia, I start to doubt that...
It really doesn't look good for us non-CSL applicants...

Any thoughts or messages from inside the department?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Re: Any ideas for the next programme year (09-10)?

It seems like non ENS/CSL/SS/MODL is for a long wait, From what I gather DIAC will process all the 1,2,3 and may be some of 4th priority visa by end may/June. and when new year comes in july, again the processing will be on the priority order, maybe by mid 2010 if all the pririty applications are exhausted non priority will be considered, but by that time there will be a huge backlog of non priority application, if there were any further cut in the intake of skill migrants, they delay is going to be even further.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

alloyStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any ideas for the next programme year (09-10)?

Originally Posted by shafanm
It seems like non ENS/CSL/SS/MODL is for a long wait, From what I gather DIAC will process all the 1,2,3 and may be some of 4th priority visa by end may/June. and when new year comes in july, again the processing will be on the priority order, maybe by mid 2010 if all the pririty applications are exhausted non priority will be considered, but by that time there will be a huge backlog of non priority application, if there were any further cut in the intake of skill migrants, they delay is going to be even further.
If they do finish allocating all CSL applications by the end of May as promissed, there will be not many CSL applications left when the 09-10 program year starts. Besides, new CSL applications won't be able to catch up with their processing capacity for they have just shown that they can finish a year's CSL cases within 2 months.
So they should be able to carry on with lower priorities. However what's uncertain now is if they are willing to do so...