Any ideas

Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:46 pm
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 576
scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any ideas

I have a friend who has family in OZ... cousins etc and wishes to live there. Only problem is he has no trade etc.

They have money behind them and family but no qualifications and just over 40yrs.

Any ideas how they can get in??
scottish is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:49 pm
  #2  
Living the Dream!
 
Mrs JFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 6,515
Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any ideas

Originally Posted by scottish
I have a friend who has family in OZ... cousins etc and wishes to live there. Only problem is he has no trade etc.

They have money behind them and family but no qualifications and just over 40yrs.

Any ideas how they can get in??

what kind of work does he do?
Mrs JFW is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:17 pm
  #3  
Born to be wild....
 
Brisben's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Northants to Brisbane.
Posts: 5,450
Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any ideas

Originally Posted by scottish
I have a friend who has family in OZ... cousins etc and wishes to live there. Only problem is he has no trade etc.

They have money behind them and family but no qualifications and just over 40yrs.

Any ideas how they can get in??

Business Visa?????

Student Visa????
Brisben is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:05 pm
  #4  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 576
scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any ideas

Originally Posted by Brisben
Business Visa?????

Student Visa????
Hes the Director of a social housing co-op. Never went to Uni learnt from the ground up. He is desperate to get out to OZ and has even thought of going to Uni but I said I would try the forum for any help.

Could he go for a student visa at the ripe old age of 41? The business visa is also a possibility.

Thanks for the suggestions
scottish is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 11:49 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 44
greenpeas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any ideas

Originally Posted by scottish
I have a friend who has family in OZ... cousins etc and wishes to live there. Only problem is he has no trade etc.

They have money behind them and family but no qualifications and just over 40yrs.

Any ideas how they can get in??
Hiya, I'm no expert, 10 years and I'm still knocking at the door. But I will just throw some ideas at you, you will want to validate/research at http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/index.htm

Have a look at the regional opportunties, employer or state sponsored and business owner visas.

Also as for no trade - I'm presuming he has particular skill that can be assessed, usually a third level qualification is required, but depending on the skill previous work experience can compensate. You will need to check out the relevant assessing body.

An approve Agent might give him the most direct accurate best advice on his possible outlook.

Good Luck
greenpeas is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:40 am
  #6  
Jaj
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Any ideas

scottish wrote:

    >
    >> Business Visa?????
    >> Student Visa????
    >
    > Hes the Director of a social housing co-op. Never went to Uni learnt
    > from the ground up. He is desperate to get out to OZ and has even
    > thought of going to Uni but I said I would try the forum for any help.
    >
    > Could he go for a student visa at the ripe old age of 41? The business
    > visa is also a possibility.
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestions
    >

Student visas are not an easy route to permanent residence, despite many
myths to the contrary.

He'd be well advised to have a paid consultation with a good migration
agent, maybe Ian Harrop in the UK - http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

And in the meantime - http://www.immi.gov.au

Ian should be able to conduct an assessment of his skills, family links,
employer sponsorship prospects, senior management possibilities and advise
on that basis.

However he needs to be prepared to accept the possibility that there's no
realistic chance of migrating, if the circumstances don't allow it.

New Zealand has a different set of rules, start at
http://www.immigration.govt.nz and if a paid consulation is desired,
perhaps try David Ryken in Auckland
 
Old Feb 14th 2006, 8:25 am
  #7  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 576
scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any ideas

Originally Posted by Jaj
scottish wrote:

    >
    >> Business Visa?????
    >> Student Visa????
    >
    > Hes the Director of a social housing co-op. Never went to Uni learnt
    > from the ground up. He is desperate to get out to OZ and has even
    > thought of going to Uni but I said I would try the forum for any help.
    >
    > Could he go for a student visa at the ripe old age of 41? The business
    > visa is also a possibility.
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestions
    >

Student visas are not an easy route to permanent residence, despite many
myths to the contrary.

He'd be well advised to have a paid consultation with a good migration
agent, maybe Ian Harrop in the UK - http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

And in the meantime - http://www.immi.gov.au

Ian should be able to conduct an assessment of his skills, family links,
employer sponsorship prospects, senior management possibilities and advise
on that basis.

However he needs to be prepared to accept the possibility that there's no
realistic chance of migrating, if the circumstances don't allow it.

New Zealand has a different set of rules, start at
http://www.immigration.govt.nz and if a paid consulation is desired,
perhaps try David Ryken in Auckland

Thanks to everyone for their advice will send on this link for him to look at
scottish is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.