Wikiposts

any help please!?

Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:25 am
Just Joined

kayseddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face any help please!?

hiya everyone, first post! my boyfriend, son and i are hoping to move to Oz, my boyfriend is a 27 yr old nvq level3 welder and we have 135 points on the DIAC website (i think) and have absolutely no clue where to start with anything. i have looked at the Diac website but if someone could plaese give me a todo list in simple terms that would be fab! or any other useful info you have thankyou

Last edited by kayseddie; Feb 4th 2010 at 10:56 am.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Default first steps

hi does anyone have any idea of the first few steps you should take after you have done the points test and have enough? my partner is a welder and he is 27 so think we need the 175 visa, not sure of what to do first thanx
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all
Default Re: any help please!?

No easy way round it I'm afraid, it's research, research, research and then $ $ $ !!

Simplified version would be:

- check if you're eligible - if you're not confident doing it yourself most reputable Agents offer a free assessment without obligation.
- if you're eligible - work out if you can actually afford to go! You need to research which state/city has the best chances of securing work and what the wages are as well as being a place that you actually want to live in! Once you've narrowed down the areas have a look on www.realestate.com.au to get an idea of rent prices.
- if you decide to get the process under way you need to decide if you want to do the paperwork yourself or employ an Agent to do it for you. Using an Agent will usually add at least £1500 on to your costs. There are usually free seminars up and down the country - be careful though as some of the Agents have better track records than others, again - research, research!!
- then it's a matter of getting the process started and saving like mad so you can pay for flights, a car for when you arrive, motel until you rentb a place, rent in advance/bond.....the list is endless! Also bear in mind that the exchange rate is not in your favour at the moment.

If you use the 'search' button in the top right corner you will find out pretty much everything you need to know about moving to Oz and cost of living etc.

Good luck x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

mrmsml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: first steps

First thing is to have skills assessment with the respective authority.

Then sit for IELTS, if required.

Then the application.

Originally Posted by kayseddie
hi does anyone have any idea of the first few steps you should take after you have done the points test and have enough? my partner is a welder and he is 27 so think we need the 175 visa, not sure of what to do first thanx
Old Feb 4th 2010, 1:03 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamSi
No easy way round it I'm afraid, it's research, research, research and then $ $ $ !!

Simplified version would be:

- check if you're eligible - if you're not confident doing it yourself most reputable Agents offer a free assessment without obligation.
- if you're eligible - work out if you can actually afford to go! You need to research which state/city has the best chances of securing work and what the wages are as well as being a place that you actually want to live in! Once you've narrowed down the areas have a look on www.realestate.com.au to get an idea of rent prices.
- if you decide to get the process under way you need to decide if you want to do the paperwork yourself or employ an Agent to do it for you. Using an Agent will usually add at least £1500 on to your costs. There are usually free seminars up and down the country - be careful though as some of the Agents have better track records than others, again - research, research!!
- then it's a matter of getting the process started and saving like mad so you can pay for flights, a car for when you arrive, motel until you rentb a place, rent in advance/bond.....the list is endless! Also bear in mind that the exchange rate is not in your favour at the moment.

If you use the 'search' button in the top right corner you will find out pretty much everything you need to know about moving to Oz and cost of living etc.

Good luck x
Nice one SamSi...good response!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:07 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

1) See you qualify for a visa www.immi.gov.au

2) Apply for a visa www.immi.gov.au

3) If anything is unclear in steps 1 or 2 then speak to a nice agent who can help, there are many which regularly post here with excellent reputations or wade through the extensive knowledge previously posted on these hallowed pages.

3) Wait a really long time for your visa, probably years.

4) Move to Australia !

joking aside, I'll move this thread to immigration where you may get some more responses. Good luck.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: first steps

thanx so much have been completely lost
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

thanx everyone for the replies - big help! much appreciated!