Any December 2006 Applicants?

Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:57 am
aussie_forever

princeaussie is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Any December 2006 Applicants?

Originally Posted by boldon mackem
Welcome Prince, what is your current status re meds, etc.

Cheers
im still waiting buddy
my medicals reached lcu on 10th sep
they wud have been cleared by know

rest has to be done by co...
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:04 am
Last remaining Dec PR app

biibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nice
Default Re: Any December 2006 Applicants?

Hi Decembers

I'm sorry for being away for so long.

Many congratulations Boldon!!! What a cute girl you got.

And many congrats to you Dave.

We arrived in Perth by the end of October and have been really busy since then organising everything. House hunting is really hard. We found some very nice ones but all our applications were refused. Today we finally got an ok for villa (or how they call it) south of Freo. Not our first choice but better than staying in a hostel forever.

Karsten got his first job interview on Thursday last week and started his job today. That was really quick.

To my big surprise our nearly 23 years old, 500k km Pajero is still running after 2.5 years of storage on a farm. I just must get used to this huge vehicle, been driving a Micra in Germany.

Bibbi
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone,

Not been of for a while either but have finally got good news with the house sale. We exchanged contracts last Friday and due to complete this Thursday. Shippers are still booked for 2nd Jan as we never cancelled. Opened bank accounts with Westpac last night online. Just got to book flights for 6th Jan via LA, Auckland then onto Adelaide. OHs sorting leaving party for 4th Jan for 100 people Definitely squeaky bum time!

Great to see everyones plans on track
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

boldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian_s
Hi everyone,

Not been of for a while either but have finally got good news with the house sale. We exchanged contracts last Friday and due to complete this Thursday. Shippers are still booked for 2nd Jan as we never cancelled. Opened bank accounts with Westpac last night online. Just got to book flights for 6th Jan via LA, Auckland then onto Adelaide. OHs sorting leaving party for 4th Jan for 100 people Definitely squeaky bum time!

Great to see everyones plans on track
Ian, Good luck with the party, I expect there will be many tears on that night!! hope everything goes well for Thursday!!

Bibbi - Good to hear you've finally got a roof over your head, any ideas why your applications were knocked back, maybe help us other who are moving soon. Glad Karsten has got a job so quick.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all

well I feel like a little lost sheep hanging my head in shame as I return to the fold after ...AGES!!
sorry not been on for ages. not had internet at home due to big dispute with the wonderful TELSTRA...seriously dont bother with them they are PANTS!!!
and with having to use an hour a day at library theyre hasnt been time to catch up after checking emails, bank stuff , jobs appls etc.

amazing pajero BiiBi. a micra would just be squished over here wouldnt it by all the roadtrains etc. which part you living? we are in beautiful busselton 3 hours south of perth.

good luck with move Pete im sure with your orgainsational skills itll all go like clockwork!

i am working at cellar door in a vineyard at the mo which is idyllic and for the first time in years I look forward to going to work.
check it out
www.laurancewines.com
will have to get back to reality and start nursing again soon tho

my son has decided that most 16year old including the chicks stay on at school so he is going to school in feb. hes going to carry on with work until then.

anyway
thats it for now
julie
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Hi Julie,

You lucky devil working there, we droped into that vineyard while we were at margret river a few months ago, apart from the fab wine they make its a lovely place and I wish we had had more time to stay a while longer, Iv only got 1 bottel of white, 1 red and 1 rose left, Im keep those for Xmas, but I may be down again soon to restock.

Amanda
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:25 am

biibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nice

Ian, Good luck with the party, I expect there will be many tears on that night!! hope everything goes well for Thursday!!

Bibbi - Good to hear you've finally got a roof over your head, any ideas why your applications were knocked back, maybe help us other who are moving soon. Glad Karsten has got a job so quick.
Hi Boldon

I think there can be a couple of reasons.
1. No job when we applied to the first
2. No Australian Lease References
3. Offered not enough rent in advance (You have to pay only 2 weeks officially)
4. Landlord's reservation concerning migrants
5. Simply too many applicants (about 20 for our favorite)

Even after Karsten got his job, we had some referees, offered 3 month rent, provided bank statements we were knocked back. You can never know.

We got another offer by now, that we finally accepted and move to Woodlands/Perth this week. Lost our option fee but the other house was better.

Bibbi
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

We are in Transit

Currently at Heathrow, fly out tomorrow and arrive Melbourne at 9pm on 25th.

Hope everyone else is ok

Pete
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Good luck Pete and family!!

Enjoy your flight and good luck for when you get here!!!

We have been very busy recently so not had time to come online much. Been meaning to get around to writing an update but not had time to do that yet! Will try to do so before Christmas!

Take care and safe travels.

Tracy
Old Nov 24th 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

jeffoz is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,
I'm probably one of the last December applicants but I've finally been granted my visa. 11 months and 7 days of patience but Oz here I go again ! I should be back to Sydney by the beginning of January 2008. New flat, new job to be found, how exciting ! Can't wait to put my flip flops on !
Best of luck to everybody and especially Biibi !
Old Nov 24th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Congratulations Jeff and good luck with all of your plans.

Its well worth the wait.

Mick
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by jeffoz
Hi Guys,
I'm probably one of the last December applicants but I've finally been granted my visa. 11 months and 7 days of patience but Oz here I go again ! I should be back to Sydney by the beginning of January 2008. New flat, new job to be found, how exciting ! Can't wait to put my flip flops on !
Best of luck to everybody and especially Biibi !
Many many congratulations Jeff!!!
What a long wait. Best of luck with flat and job hunting then.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Hi Everyone,

We are in Transit

Currently at Heathrow, fly out tomorrow and arrive Melbourne at 9pm on 25th.

Hope everyone else is ok

Pete
Hi Pete
you might have arrived by now. I hope you had a pleasant trip and enjoy your first days in Melbourne.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

boldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really niceboldon mackem is just really nice

Still no sign of our VISA, the meds and everything were signed for 3 weeks ago, and all forms etc were sent a day later via email. Not heard anything since :-(

It might be cause its soooo close to the end that I'm getting more impatient but please GET ON WITH IT !!!!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

Still no sign of our VISA, the meds and everything were signed for 3 weeks ago, and all forms etc were sent a day later via email. Not heard anything since :-(

It might be cause its soooo close to the end that I'm getting more impatient but please GET ON WITH IT !!!!
Good luck Bolden, this really is the worst part all the waiting. Our wait was 8 weeks after meds were received at LCU, it certainly takes over your life. On a different note thought your boys could of put up a bit of fight against the bluenoses!

Pete,

Hope you arrived safely and enjoying your first few days.

Me - we're leaving on 6th Jan via LA & Auckland. My latest obsession at the mo is watching exchange rates on HIFX. $2.33 not too good I might have to exchange 20k now and leave the rest until the rate picks up a bit.

Hi to everyone, hope all is going well and looking forward to your first Chrimbo in Oz.

Just think this time last year....................................

All the best

Ian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.