Wikiposts

any brickies out there?

Old Aug 1st 2003, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any brickies out there?

We are in the process of completing our skills assessment for the TRA. My husband has been finding it really difficult to list all daily duties & tasks in his statement at the end of the application.

Ive read through it and agree that it sounds like a cookery receipe of how to build a house. Has any bricklayers out there had a sucessfull reply from the TRA and can you tell us how you went about doing it?

Also our references from employers were quite detailed however after reading some messages on this forum Im getting a little nervous that we have not got enough detail.

Would love some advice from people who have had a positive response from the TRA.

Cheers
The McGintys
Old Aug 1st 2003, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: any brickies out there?

Originally posted by The McGintys
We are in the process of completing our skills assessment for the TRA. My husband has been finding it really difficult to list all daily duties & tasks in his statement at the end of the application.

Ive read through it and agree that it sounds like a cookery receipe of how to build a house. Has any bricklayers out there had a sucessfull reply from the TRA and can you tell us how you went about doing it?

Also our references from employers were quite detailed however after reading some messages on this forum Im getting a little nervous that we have not got enough detail.

Would love some advice from people who have had a positive response from the TRA.

Cheers
The McGintys
We are still waiting for TRA assessment to come back, went off on June 24th via our agent, had acknowledgment that its been received but nothing more as yet! hubby is a plasterer, has been since leaving school but didn't do an apprenticeship just learnt everything on site, we sent loads of stuff, employer references, 9 years worth of accounts, CIS card, Inland Revenue letter, detailed description of day to day duties, including any health and safety issues, list of tools etc.
are you using an agent? where are you hoping to go?
email me if you need any further info
best regards
rach, mark and chanelle (10)
Old Aug 1st 2003, 6:26 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any brickies out there?

Originally posted by The McGintys

Cheers
The McGintys
I've had a positive result from the tra as a brickie read the post I put on a couple of days ago theres a link to a canadian imigration site that lists all the duties a brickie does as part of his daily job. Copy it [IN YOUR OWN WORDS] and you should be fine. I also included C&G, skills test results, CSCS card, CSA card and all other certs [first aid fire safety abrasive wheels etc.]
IF you need any more advise mail me later as I'm off to work now so got to be brief.
Cheers Sean

http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp [debsnsean]
http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/groups/7281.shtml
Old Aug 1st 2003, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends if you did a recognised apprenticeship. It is quite difficult to get a positive assessment if you learned on the job, but for an apprenticeship it should be quite straightforward - cresta's post gives a really useful link. That said, if you did learn 'on the job' you might give some thought to hiring an agent to prepare just that part of the application for you, gomatilda or george lombard both use Glenn Newton to prepare their TRA applications, and he is brilliant. regards adelaidegirl