Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Old May 10th 2005, 10:17 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
I emailed my CO today. I sent some docs that they requested 2.5 weeks ago. Chased them 10 days ago but they hadn't even been entered onto the system by then, so I've been very patient and waited a further 10 days before emailing again.

We've got a buyer for the house now and are hopefully just 3-4 weeks away from exchanging contracts, so it would be nice to get some kind of answer, even if it's just that the docs I sent answered their questions to their satisfaction. Hopefully get a reply tomorrow.
Fingers Crossed for you mate!!

Sure we will hear the news from you and the CO tomorrow.

We are also having two viewings tomorrow that within a week we put the house for sale

So I am anxiously waiting to see your post then anything

Badri
Old May 10th 2005, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

justmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Originally Posted by CAZ76
Hi guys,
Still no news here. Fed up pi**ed off and wondering whether Oz will be worth all this. I am planning on telephoning Adelaide later tonight to find out what is going on - I have had enough! I don't care if they don't like being chased up - I don't like paying out money for a service to be pi**ed around! If they do chuck my case out then it's their loss. It all seemed like such a good idea over a year ago, but now it is a nightmare. We are passing up job opportunities and want to have another baby. If the visa doesn't happen we will soon be better off just getting on with life here in grey old Blighty. What a waste of a year.

P.S. Byron Bay is full of hippies and it is a beautiful place - even if it is bl**dy miles (km) from anywhere.
P.P.S. Please excuse the language but very uptight now!
Do ya know whats even worse! House prices here are dropping and over in Oz they seem to be be steadily rising (at least where I wanna live) so I'm between a rock and a hard place, missus & I sell up move in with parents now, or stay put in a place I am fed up with but need to keep if not accepted, wot to do????????????????????????
Old May 11th 2005, 6:31 am
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by badri
We are also having two viewings tomorrow that within a week we put the house for sale
Thanks Badri,

Well, no reply this morning. Even set up my Yahoo mail so that I get an SMS if they send me an email. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. oops. Here comes the postman. Nope. Looked like a yellow envelope, but it was a very light brown one, so no news via post today either. Oh well. Another day to wait.

At least I got my new laptop keyboard, so I can get my laptop back up and running which will be very handy, and it'll keep me occupied for a few minutes.
Old May 11th 2005, 6:35 am

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Forgot to say, good luck with the house viewings Badri.

I phoned my buyers solicitor yesterday and they are now starting the legal process, so we should be able to exchange (the point of no return for both parties) in 3-4 weeks, so I am hoping I would have heard something on the visa front by then. Also, the solicitor is a friend of the buyers, so that should mean she does things quicker than a normal purchase. So it's all good news on the house front from this end. Just for that visa thingy now...
Old May 11th 2005, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Ozbod is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=CAZ76)
Know what you mean about Aus things being everywhere you look - very irritating. I totally understand the whole 'on hold' thing. Problem is that we are passing up opportunities because of this.
Has your agent contacted them yet?
We are stuck in Kent too! They must have an anti Kent thing going on!

Good morning Caz

Our agent has'nt been in touch with them so far as i know, i get very frustrated but i think he just realises their inundated with these applications and that they will get to ours eventually (God, i must be having a calm moment - the Prozac must have kicked in!). Mind you it does'nt help that i spoke to him yesterday and his email is down at the moment!

Just hope our application has'nt fallen down the back of some filing cabinet!!!

Good luck and hope we all hear something soon

Ozbods wife
Old May 11th 2005, 7:58 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Thanks Badri,

Well, no reply this morning. Even set up my Yahoo mail so that I get an SMS if they send me an email. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. oops. Here comes the postman. Nope. Looked like a yellow envelope, but it was a very light brown one, so no news via post today either. Oh well. Another day to wait.

At least I got my new laptop keyboard, so I can get my laptop back up and running which will be very handy, and it'll keep me occupied for a few minutes.
Hi

Good that things are moving on steadily at the home front side and with the new laptop you should be roaring to go. Sometimes the CO takes couple of days to reply. MY CO also took two days to reply but with a good result. So I am still very positive on that. I think you should'nt worried at all things are falling in place and you can feel it too

Good luck mate
Badri
Old May 11th 2005, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAZ76
Hi guys,
Still no news here. Fed up pi**ed off and wondering whether Oz will be worth all this. I am planning on telephoning Adelaide later tonight to find out what is going on - I have had enough! I don't care if they don't like being chased up - I don't like paying out money for a service to be pi**ed around! If they do chuck my case out then it's their loss. It all seemed like such a good idea over a year ago, but now it is a nightmare. We are passing up job opportunities and want to have another baby. If the visa doesn't happen we will soon be better off just getting on with life here in grey old Blighty. What a waste of a year.

P.S. Byron Bay is full of hippies and it is a beautiful place - even if it is bl**dy miles (km) from anywhere.
P.P.S. Please excuse the language but very uptight now!
Caz, did you give DIMA a call. Hope you had some success... please let us know!!
Old May 11th 2005, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by justmd
Do ya know whats even worse! House prices here are dropping and over in Oz they seem to be be steadily rising (at least where I wanna live) so I'm between a rock and a hard place, missus & I sell up move in with parents now, or stay put in a place I am fed up with but need to keep if not accepted, wot to do????????????????????????
I noticed this as well. Also, they (the experts that is) are predicting the AUD to further strengthen against the GBP due to the fact that the USD is basically rubbish and Oz has higher interest rates than us currently. Also they are saying that the likelyhood of further rises in UK is becoming less likely.
(Lower UK house prices + Higer Oz prices) x worse exchange rate = bol****s
Old May 11th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Good that things are moving on steadily at the home front side and with the new laptop you should be roaring to go. Sometimes the CO takes couple of days to reply. MY CO also took two days to reply but with a good result. So I am still very positive on that. I think you should'nt worried at all things are falling in place and you can feel it too

Good luck mate
Badri
Badri, have you booked your flights yet?
Old May 11th 2005, 8:17 am

Well, my CO did reply after all. Only just received it as she sent it at the end of the day.

She says that my file is in one of her review tubs along with others and she hopes to review it in the next few weeks. Meanwhile my patience is appreciated.

mmm. So basicly 'stop bugging me, I may get around to it sometime in the next month. friggin brilliant. She probably has some poor January 2005 applicants that have been waiting for 4 months poor things. sigh.

P*ssed off again now. For all I know, she'll review it, ask for some more info and drag it out another 2 months. sigh again (slightly louder this time).

I mentioned that I hope to reach the 'no turning back' stage in my house sale within the next 3-4 weeks. Water off a ducks back obviously. Still, it worth a try. I may be homeless yet, who knows.
Old May 11th 2005, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Well, my CO did reply after all. Only just received it as she sent it at the end of the day.

She says that my file is in one of her review tubs along with others and she hopes to review it in the next few weeks. Meanwhile my patience is appreciated.

mmm. So basicly 'stop bugging me, I may get around to it sometime in the next month. friggin brilliant. She probably has some poor January 2005 applicants that have been waiting for 4 months poor things. sigh.

P*ssed off again now. For all I know, she'll review it, ask for some more info and drag it out another 2 months. sigh again (slightly louder this time).

I mentioned that I hope to reach the 'no turning back' stage in my house sale within the next 3-4 weeks. Water off a ducks back obviously. Still, it worth a try. I may be homeless yet, who knows.

Hi Neil

Not sure which is worse, knowing your file is in the process of being looked at, or not hearing a damn thing, both equally as frustrating i think.

On the home front, we sold a year ago and have been renting since - it's cost us a lot of money but did'nt think for one minute we would still be here, thought 6 months of renting should see us have an answer one way or the other. lol I hope you hear something before you move out, at least your timing will be a bit better that ours. Although really glad we sold when we did as there are now 5 houses for sale in the same close we used to live in, i don't think anything is moving either!

Looks like we have to keep patient for a few more weeks. Try not to look at the post july if you can help it, it only winds us all up!

See ya later

Ozbods wife
Old May 11th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Badri

Hiya Badri

Just wanted to wish you luck with your viewings today, all that cleaning you have been doing will pay off now

Good luck

See ya later

Ozbods wife
Old May 11th 2005, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Ozbod
Hi Neil

Not sure which is worse, knowing your file is in the process of being looked at, or not hearing a damn thing, both equally as frustrating i think.

On the home front, we sold a year ago and have been renting since - it's cost us a lot of money but did'nt think for one minute we would still be here, thought 6 months of renting should see us have an answer one way or the other. lol I hope you hear something before you move out, at least your timing will be a bit better that ours. Although really glad we sold when we did as there are now 5 houses for sale in the same close we used to live in, i don't think anything is moving either!

Looks like we have to keep patient for a few more weeks. Try not to look at the post july if you can help it, it only winds us all up!

See ya later

Ozbods wife
Hiya Ozbods wife,

I think I am in an easier position having at least heard something. I feel calmer now than before I had heard anything I must admit. (doesn't show much though I guess).

I don't know why I am being so impatient really as we don't intend moving to Oz until we complete on the house (end of August if all goes to plan). It would just be nice to know that we are actually going. Much like you I guess.

We are forming a contingency plan though. Probably New Zealand, although I think that visa takes about a year as well. I'd still rather get to Oz, but you never know the way DIMIA seem to work.

Well, I'll just have to keep myself occupied for another couple of weeks...at least. Got a weeks holiday coming up in a week or so, so hopefully just relax and totally spend time with the family, ignoring the visa fiasco altogether(doubting that already).
Old May 11th 2005, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

does anyone of you guys know where I can find the list of doctors who are eligible to do the medical examinations? I just can't find it anymore...

Thanks a lot and good luck for another day of wait...
Margoo
Old May 11th 2005, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by margoo
Hello all,

does anyone of you guys know where I can find the list of doctors who are eligible to do the medical examinations? I just can't find it anymore...

Thanks a lot and good luck for another day of wait...
Margoo

Ooops there it is... just found it. Sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.