Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Old May 9th 2005, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Ozbod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

I really can't believe that it will be 13 months on Friday, and its Friday 13th as well this week. Ummmm trying to be not too superstitious.

I start off on a Monday filled with hope and expectations, by Monday lunchtime i've gone off the boil and realise that another day is passing and still no news. The emotions are all over the place, between us, one of us is always trying to keep things in percpective, and trying to keep the 'What will be will be attitude', but its sooooo unfair.

Come on dimia, get the huge pile of pre july applications, get your 'Visa Passed' stamp out and stamp the lot of them, i think we deserve it after the wait we've had, don't you?

Ozbods wife
Old May 9th 2005, 9:52 am
Dear

EdEd is an unknown quantity at this point

June applicants received meds:
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1660 - 28 June
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1814 - 24 June
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1962 - 1 June
What do all of them have in common? The same region, I guess. It seems DIMIA is running out of pre-july applications in (which? 2-nd region?)... unfortualtely 3-rd region still has a lots of them... Keep waiting
Old May 9th 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by margoo
Tell me about it. One reason why I'm so desperately waiting to hear from Dimia is because I want to change my employer ASAP!!! And I don't dare to think about what they might tell DIMIA if I quit before they have contacted my reference. In fact I don't dare to think what they might tell them in generall and I just hope that it all looks so good to Dimia that they don't bother calling them. What a nightmare!!

And yes, I too can see the doubts in some people face. But far worse is that I start doubting myself that I'll ever go back
As soon as I get that visa I will utter those magic words "I QUIT". But until then, or at least until I find out one way or another, I guess I will still plod along. So are you going to change jobs before you emmigrate?
Old May 9th 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EdEd
June applicants received meds:
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1660 - 28 June
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1814 - 24 June
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1962 - 1 June
What do all of them have in common? The same region, I guess. It seems DIMIA is running out of pre-july applications in (which? 2-nd region?)... unfortualtely 3-rd region still has a lots of them... Keep waiting
If I an reading austimeline correctly then these applied all before May.
Old May 9th 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ozbod
I really can't believe that it will be 13 months on Friday, and its Friday 13th as well this week. Ummmm trying to be not too superstitious.

I start off on a Monday filled with hope and expectations, by Monday lunchtime i've gone off the boil and realise that another day is passing and still no news. The emotions are all over the place, between us, one of us is always trying to keep things in percpective, and trying to keep the 'What will be will be attitude', but its sooooo unfair.

Come on dimia, get the huge pile of pre july applications, get your 'Visa Passed' stamp out and stamp the lot of them, i think we deserve it after the wait we've had, don't you?

Ozbods wife
Are you a pre 13th April?? I would think about sending them a freindly email
Old May 9th 2005, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by longreach
As soon as I get that visa I will utter those magic words "I QUIT". But until then, or at least until I find out one way or another, I guess I will still plod along. So are you going to change jobs before you emmigrate?

Certainly I don't plan to leave before October and I'm working for an agency who tricks on me re pay. So I'm just hanging in there trying not to think about all the money I lose every week. So I don't want to wait until I get the visa, but quit as soon as I can be sure that Dimia won't contact my agency anymore...
Old May 9th 2005, 12:58 pm
Dear

EdEd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by longreach
If I an reading austimeline correctly then these applied all before May.
Well, it depends... all three applied in June 2004 - so they did apply before May 2005, but after May 2004 What May are you talking about? This thread is about 2004...
Old May 9th 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, it depends... all three applied in June 2004 - so they did apply before May 2005, but after May 2004 What May are you talking about? This thread is about 2004...
Doh... made a mistake. Was looking at the dates of skills assessment and not the application. I was talking about May 2004... that title of the thread gave it away

Last edited by longreach; May 9th 2005 at 2:43 pm.
Old May 9th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

I also noticed that the first one was a family application but the other 2 seem to be 136 independent. Seems strange that they are finalising these ahead of us May 2004 applicants.
Old May 9th 2005, 2:52 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

i'm totally fed up too so i did something positive today and booked our medicals unrequested. i read on another thread that the doc in manchester is always booked up about a month in advance, so the way i see it is by the time we get to the date of the meds then hopefully!!!!! we should have had the request or it shouldn't be too far behind. anyway i feel better having booked them (for june 7th) and also sending off police checks too. i dont want to wait any longer than i have to...i also hate my job and can't wait to finish x loidy
Old May 9th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

justmd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loidy
i'm totally fed up too so i did something positive today and booked our medicals unrequested. i read on another thread that the doc in manchester is always booked up about a month in advance, so the way i see it is by the time we get to the date of the meds then hopefully!!!!! we should have had the request or it shouldn't be too far behind. anyway i feel better having booked them (for june 7th) and also sending off police checks too. i dont want to wait any longer than i have to...i also hate my job and can't wait to finish x loidy
Im pretty much doing the same thing, our agent when asked said he didn't advise us to go ahead and book the meds but I feel that is probably a guidline they have to follow because he also supplied all relevant forms and info to go ahead and do it. Im a June 11th 2004 136 skilled independant carpenter by the way.
Old May 9th 2005, 3:50 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

yeah we are 136 skilled independent going on husband who is a joiner, 9th june ours was lodged, so we should be about the same time scale x loidy
Old May 9th 2005, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

justmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

yeah we are 136 skilled independent going on husband who is a joiner, 9th june ours was lodged, so we should be about the same time scale x loidy
Cool, sounds like you're in the same boat as us. We're hoping to go to Mandurah in Perth, I see you wanna go to Byron Bay, I've never been there but it sounds great! Very relaxed apparently with loadsa hippies n the like.
Just
Old May 9th 2005, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have the list of panel doctors in the UK bei chance? I had it and lost it somewhere...
Old May 9th 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

CAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really nice

Anyone spoken to, or emailed Adelaide lately? What have they said about us pre July 2004 apps? I must confess I'm too scared to email them in case I pi** them off! Can't believe I feel like this when I'm the client who has parted with loads of money, and they are the ones supposedly delivering the service! It's not like we can all club together and mass email them to put pressure on them since there shouldn't really be that many of us now. I can't stand this game any more! It is so unfair! Don't they realise the power they hold over our lives, and the misery they are causing? At least if they reject my app. I could get on with life. PLEASE HURRY UP!

NEW MEDICAL CONDITION:
Name - Visa waitingitis (Australis)
Symptoms -
Obsessive viewing of Expats forum, answer phone and emails etc, Adrenaline rush on flashing answer phone, email alert etc Grumpy mood swings, impatience and general annoyance if anyone asks about the visa! Disapointment etc.
Groups who applied for visa pre-July 2004 are most at risk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.