Any advice would be appreciated

Old Feb 1st 2015, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

james28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Any advice would be appreciated

Hi Everyone,

This morning I returned from visiting family in Australia both in Perth and Sydney. I now know that I want to make the move down under. I am 20 years old and currently work as a Compliance Officer in London. I have 11 GCSEs and a QCF diploma in Financial Services. I cant see Compliance falling under the skilled occupations list and just want to know if there could be any path for me to get a permanent visa.

I take it experience and qualifications do play a considerable factor, I have 3 years of working in retail and investment banking. Also the fact that I have family in WA and NSW. Is there anything I can do? Would a Migration Agent help me? Would a Working Holiday visa be beneficial to get my foot in the door to meeting recruiting companies?

From my time down under I would say Perth did make me feel more at home but I would consider all options to start off with.

Any responses and advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
James
Old Feb 1st 2015, 4:26 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice would be appreciated

Hi James and welcome

To qualify for a skilled visa you would need an occupation on the CSOL (Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List) and to be able to pass the skills assessment in that occupation.

Going on a WHV will give you longer in Australia, but does not offer a path to PR (unless you meet a nice Aussie and end up married). Having family also doesn't matter - they could only help with sponsorship for a temporary visa if you had an occupation on the skilled list already.

Check the list to may sure that your occupation isn't there - if it is, work on getting the qualifications you need. If not, is there a similar occupation you could work towards?